Sign in to follow this  

CAL | Billboard's Women in Music 2017

Edu    2,262
Just now, Bleachella said:

I actually have you grotesque rodent, so ha! 

Canada doesn’t count

Hector    25,743

LORDE GETS HONOURED BY HALSEY sadly

b92.jpg

Taking the stage to give tribute to Lorde, who will accept the Women in Music award for Powerhouse tonight is none other than the singer's close friend, Ashley Frangipane, otherwise known by her stage name, Halsey, who has been receiving large-scale popularity of her own lately, with a multi-platinum selling single, a #2 album, and a new collaboration with Maxence, who happens to be Lorde's boyfriend. To begin with, the stage is darkly lit. The audience cheers in anticipation through the silence as Halsey is announced by the host. The lights ease up a little bit, enough to see the layout of the stage design, but not enough to give any clear viewing of the stage's appearance. The floor looks worn and dirtied, with what looks to be the remnants of a party covering it, including stomped-on confetti, solo cups and glitter. The glittering synth stems of "Good Girls", Lorde's most recent #1 smash hit single from her EP, "Eclipse", begins shining through the background of the hal- she dies

Harry_CAL    2,953

Lana is seen with a completely blank expression on her face as Halsey's performance abruptly ends, as she looks down at her smartphone and types something out.

Hector    25,743

BEYONCÉ HONORS LANA DEL REY, THE WOMAN OF THE YEAR

beyonce_tidalx15.jpg

Beyoncé honored Lana Del Rey tonight at the Billboard's Women in Music event, where Lana took home the top honor of being named Woman of the Year. Lana chose Beyoncé to do the tribute, given that both stars began their CAL careers at the same time and have both thrived on till today. Beyoncé told members of the press, "I love and adore Lana so much, and this tribute makes a lot of sense. We are celebrating powerful women tonight. In Lana inviting me to do this, and in me honoring her, we are both celebrating each other's feminine power, and letting the world take it all in tonight."

Beyoncé performed a three-song medley of Lana's hits, straying away from the monstrous hits like "Swimming" and "Scars", and instead chose to showcase Lana's more underrated hits-  namely "Santiago", "Love Me Where I Lay" and the latest "Now He's Gone". Kickstarting the performance with a video intro of Lana lying in a bed of roses, and the camera pans to show Beyoncé walking away in the distance. The camera turns to show Beyoncé upfront and she walks closer and closer, as the shot blacks out, and Bey walks out onto the stage in real life to start performing "Santiago". Fans cheered endlessly as Bey took the stage and she told them, "Put your hands together tonight, for our woman of the year". 

The medley continued with "Love Me Where I Lay", where Bey re-enacted the iconic video for the song, wearing a flowy white dress whilst suspended in the air. The acrobatic act, according to Bey, took at least three whole weeks to choreograph and perfect. The visuals from the actual music video played on screen as Bey performed, with dancers dressed up as angels around her on stage, utilising the stage space well. 

The performance concluded as Bey performed the latest song from Lana's upcoming studio album, "Midnight". Rather than performing the well-acquainted smash title track hit, Bey chose to showcase "Now He's Gone" - one of the fresher cuts on the album, freshly released as a promotional single. The screens behind rolled up to reveal a full orchestra to perform the song together with Bey. Bey stood in the middle of the orchestra as she sang, and midway through song, urged Lana to join her onstage. Lana took Bey's hand as the two walked down the stage and sang the concluding lines of "Now He's Gone" together, and triumphantly stood beneath a single white spotlight as they both took a bow and kissed each other on the cheek.

Harry_CAL    2,953

Lana Del Rey's acceptance speech - all photographers present were too in awe of her beauty and forgot to get shots!

First of all, I want to thank Bey for that beautiful performance and speech. You are a true friend in this industry and such an inspiration to me both as an artist and as a woman.

When I found out that I’d been selected as Billboard’s Woman of the Year for 2017, I was completely stunned. It’s not something that I had considered, and certainly not expected. The past couple of weeks have been so crazy busy with my new record, and to get that call in the centre of all of this chaos was incredibly sobering and made me just take a moment to reflect on this year.

My album Silver came out just over a year ago. As a songwriter and a performer, this record is still a landmark achievement for me. I’d always considered that a writer’s main responsibility was to write about what they know. About their experience, about what they observe in this world of ours, and their honest perspective. But until I wrapped with Silver, never had I felt that I truly accomplished this. It took a lot of soul-searching, and facing up to a lot of demons, but I’m so proud of what I put out and the journey that it took me on this year.

In the midst of the huge tour I was on, performing this self-indulgent and introspective music, so much noise was being made around the world, socially and politically, and much of the conversation has been about women, and it still is. To accept this award, Woman of the Year, almost feels silly when I’ve spent so much of the past twelve months admiring brave women from all walks of life who have overcome true adversity and used it to spark a change in the world, even if it means risking their careers and reputation by calling out powerful men. I am truly in awe of all of the ladies who have done and continue to do this, and dedicate this award to them.

I also want to shout out all of the other women in music who have been honoured tonight - I feel privileged to be in company of such strong, passionate and talented artists. You inspire me and I have the utmost admiration for you all.

So, to wrap up, I firstly want to thank my incredible fans for always being by my side and for giving me the motivation I need to carry on even when I’ve felt like giving up. This is all for you. I want to thank my beautiful family for supporting me no matter what, my amazing team for putting up with me and making everything happen, and of course Billboard not only for choosing me as Woman of the Year, but also for putting on this amazing ceremony to celebrate incredible female artists.

Thank you!

RebelHeart15    1,876
11 minutes ago, Virgin Mary said:

[Leona is seen sitting near Lana Del Rey, whispering in her ear something while the singer obviously ignores her, a CAL GP teas when it comes to Madonna & Gaga "feud"]

Honestly I'm having fun at this point. Just let me have this I ask for so little brit2

Maria    3,726

bPY.png

Following the last speech, the lights started to go down as the guests begin to get up, being ready to leave. Suddenly, the doors close and darkness fills the room as the loud bass of 'Zipper' begins to play. A woman, wearing a spandex bodysuit with Her signature-coconut wig, comes out from the ceiling, falling on Lana Del Rey's table as She looks at the creature in shock. Leona comes near Her to uncover Her face and show that it is not, in fact, Her. The music starts once again and Ms. Fuella, wearing sexy clothes, gets up on stage, sees Halsey and steps over Her naked body as She goes right in the song. Of course, She didn't sing it live. Following the first verse, Quavo gets on stage in order to perform the second verse. The bass hits hard once again and the music stops, transitioning into "Across The Hallway (Remix)" which starts with Celine's rap part being sung by Mr. Fuella as he dances around Her fancy and hot body. She sings Mariah's part without any effort and then leaves the stage, keeping only 1 Eye Open as she leaves. She waves goodbye and yells 'this is Leona Fluella, death to Edgar'.