Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

Jay-Z reveals why the joint album was not released

29-beyonce-jay-z.w190.h190.jpg

Finally, the origin story of both Beyoncé’s Lemonade and Jay-Z’s 4:44 has been confirmed beyond the rumors. In a lengthy conversation with New York Times executive editor Dean Baquet, Jay-Z has revealed that the Bey-Hov joint album did at one point exist and, in fact, it’s what they were working on before she changed course and made Lemonade instead. “We were using our art almost like a therapy session. And we started making music together,” he explains. “And then the music she was making at that time was further along. So her album came out as opposed to the joint album that we were working on. There was never a point where it was like, ‘I’m making this album.’ I was right there the entire time … It just felt like, she should go first and share her truths with the world.” He says he never thought of 4:44 as a response to her album while making it, and hinted that the two still have some of the material from their joint album. A million dollar prize to whoever can procure that laptop!

Source

You know, personally, I would much rather hear Beyonce tell her story on Lemonade, and Jay Z confirm that story on 4:44, than listen to a duet album where Beyonce probably sings about being cheated on with Jay Z responding to what she says.

This post probably doesn't make sense but basically I am most definitely glad Lemonade happened over the duet album.

11 hours ago, YoungForever said:

I'm kinda pissed cause I always imagined that joint like the OTR tour - the themes and visuals

NOW that would've been EPIC! 

The visuals definitely would have been epic

Maybe one day it will happen 'again' (as in they'll make one one day they actually release).

3 hours ago, Anna-wa said:

The visuals definitely would have been epic

Maybe one day it will happen 'again' (as in they'll make one one day they actually release).

I'm sure they recorded lots of songs and they might actually drop the album sometime in the near future. (in 3 years maybe?)

5 hours ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

Damn. I was hoping the rumors of "Champagne" were true with the story being about them going through couples therapy, arguing, and reconciling together. Oh well. 

It probably would have been about that if they had released it.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.