Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

SeekingThrill

Good debut, bad sophomore album

Gwho Stefani is the best and most catastrophic example of this 1m8hRRq.png

MGMT EBnEuql.png

Charli XCX l89f96T.png

Nelly Furtado's Folklore was a disappointment on most fronts but the singles were amazing aHMPwUG.png

Something To Tell You is one of the best releases of 2017, give it just a little of your love fWqTKPP.png

Lady Gaga if we don’t count TFM as her second album. nat1 Born This Way was a good album but all the wrong singles were selected thus it lead to her public decline, and the whole Madonna comparisons did not help her case at all. It definetly took her from IT girl status to un-cool status.

31 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Lady Gaga if we don’t count TFM as her second album. nat1 Born This Way was a good album but all the wrong singles were selected thus it lead to her public decline, and the whole Madonna comparisons did not help her case at all. It definetly took her from IT girl status to un-cool status.

Okay, tea. I would've been fine with Born This Way, Scheisse and The Edge Of Glory as singles, I don't understand why she wanted to have You and I and Judas as a single and a music video. cry9

4 hours ago, Nocturn said:

Who are the artists with a good debut and disappointing sophomore album? 

For a start: HAIM  jj2  

OMG this. I was thinking the other day how their debut was bop-filled and, aside from a few tracks, may as well have been a Greatest Hits.

STTY is cute but absolutely none of the songs slay cry3 I was so hyped for their return, as well. 

4 hours ago, Systemagic said:

Gwho Stefani is the best and most catastrophic example of this 1m8hRRq.png

MGMT EBnEuql.png

Charli XCX l89f96T.png

Nelly Furtado's Folklore was a disappointment on most fronts but the singles were amazing aHMPwUG.png

Something To Tell You is one of the best releases of 2017, give it just a little of your love fWqTKPP.png

"Gwho Stefani" my belly is aching fall8 

On MGMT: I remember someone at a party being really excited about MGMT's first single from their second album and so everyone, expecting a Kids/Electric Feel/Time To Pretend BOP stopped what they were doing to listen and, although it was the dead of winter, I swear you could hear CRICKETS

11 minutes ago, Modern Woman said:

"Gwho Stefani" my belly is aching fall8 

On MGMT: I remember someone at a party being really excited about MGMT's first single from their second album and so everyone, expecting a Kids/Electric Feel/Time To Pretend BOP stopped what they were doing to listen and, although it was the dead of winter, I swear you could hear CRICKETS

lmfao1

9 hours ago, Station to Station said:

Okay, tea. I would've been fine with Born This Way, Scheisse and The Edge Of Glory as singles, I don't understand why she wanted to have You and I and Judas as a single and a music video. cry9

Born This Way sucked as a 1st single. I loved “Judas” because it picked up where Bad Romance left off. It was sonically the best song on the album, but not surprised it flopped since Gaga was serving some major weirdness during this era. Perhaps it was just too dark, and ppl were also certainly turned off from the 1st single. Despite debuting at #1 BTW the song was polarizing and was panned by critics, thus they took it out on the 2nd single.

TEOG was a great song, but it doesn’t really sound like a Gaga song. And the sloppy video prevented it from becoming a memorable Gaga hit. You and I and Mary The Night were horrible single choices. brit4 . I agree Schiebe and Government Hooker would’ve been better recieved. 

9 hours ago, NicoleRichiePurpleHair.jpg said:

Mariah Carey, and that’s t

8 hours ago, Mamacita said:

I'm probably going to have my hair ripped out of my scalp by my fellow Lambs, but Mariah rip4

Yikes um3 Tragic.

Emotions maybe didn't have the hits of her debut, but it's certainly not a bad album. 

1 minute ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Yikes um3 Tragic.

Emotions maybe didn't have the hits of her debut, but it's certainly not a bad album. 

Don’t literally the only song I can listen to all the way through is Emotions. The epitome of a boring ballads album.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.