Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Vulnicura.

The 2017 Alt R&B Girls Rate | Full Results in the 3rd post, I'm too embarrassed to openly continue this rate

2 hours ago, Vulnicura. said:

Hero is actually a good song fight me (definitely a grower)

I was saying ISON deserves the least amount of songs left and TMA deserves the most. I didn't say anything about Hero (although it still stinks xoxo)

2 hours ago, Vulnicura. said:

right? rih1 I was expecting at least top 40

What do you feel about the cover art btw? rih1

I don't know what I feel about the cover art to be honest. Jhene is pretty but the cover doesn't really show her at her best.

1 hour ago, Hunty Bear said:

not enough TRIP songs left + way too many ISUCK songs left!

Unfortunately some people *coughs* have bad taste and think TRIP is a horrible album because of its length.

To me its message hits home BECAUSE of how long it is.

1 minute ago, Havanna-wa said:

Unfortunately some people *coughs* have bad taste and think TRIP is a horrible album because of its length.

To me its message hits home BECAUSE of how long it is.

can't please everyone! not everyone can be beautiful + pretty kylie1 

On 2/7/2018 at 10:13 AM, Vulnicura. said:

U53gcBB.png

Highest Score: 10 x 1 -  @Havanna-wa

Lowest Score: 3 x 1 - @petedagrk

wow a song about pussy paid dust on FOTP what a surprise oprah14 

I missed this one and now I'm angry. Listen I know we're on a forum where the majority are gay men but COME ON. You gotta appreciate a good bawp when it comes to you.

Justice for this and Never Call Me. rih9 

16 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

Doves in the Wind, When We Love and Never Call Me truly all deserved better oprah10 obviously I'm upset at some other low placements, but those 3 have particularly egregiously low placements

Do you agree with me that When We Love sounds like "The Worst" from Sail Out?

20 hours ago, Havanna-wa said:

I missed this one and now I'm angry. Listen I know we're on a forum where the majority are gay men but COME ON. You gotta appreciate a good bawp when it comes to you.

Justice for this and Never Call Me. rih9 

This boom bap type of beat alone is better than most of the songs in this megarate rih9 

=#68

I Don't

39398030215_d84ee2c4cd_z_d.jpg

Highest Score: 9 x 2 - @Vulnicura., @Havanna-wa

Lowest Score: 6.5 x 1 - @Avariko

cute.

(I definitely overscored it)

=#68

Hello Ego

39398041065_70c50a3b93_b_d.jpg

Highest Score: 9 x 1 - @Urbanov

Lowest Score: 7 x 3 - @Vulnicura., @Jake, @Avariko

don't remember how this one goes.

but Chris Brown is on it so I'll pass.

Moments

38485712620_bce7ba7978_o_d.png

Highest Score: 9 x 1 - @Jake

Lowest Score: 5.5 x 1 - @petedagrk

A bit too early for it, but I don't mind seeing it leave either.

To me it's one of the more generic tracks on the album that got over hyped due to the Big Sean feature.

Definitely feel like I over scored this one (gave it an 8), I mean it's decent but it's quite basic.

Here's what Jhené had to say about this track:

We actually worked on “Moments” in Hawaii. I was on a trip with [Big] Sean and we recorded it out there. There were even some sounds that we picked up from hikes we took and put on the track. Sean really had the “Moments” idea. I wasn’t sure when we recorded it if we were going to have it be a part of our TWENTY88 [collaborative project] or for me or for him. But then, when it came down to it, I realized it fit perfectly within my storyline.

Tyrant

Image result for tyrant kali uchis

Highest Score: 10 x 3 - @Vulnicura., @Jake, @Hunty Bear

Lowest Score: 0 x 1 - @Urbanov

First song to get multiple 10s (I think), but also the first to receive a 0, which is interesting.....

Overscored it a tad bit, but it is a great track and the video definitely sold it.

Used To

40295484171_a0659e850c_o_d.png

Highest Score: 10 x 1 - @petedagrk

Lowest Score: 6 x 2 - @Liam, @Hunty Bear

About Time sees its first cut, which I'm not mad about.

Used To is definitely one of the weaker tracks on About Time and has always felt a bit out of place.

Besides the tune and production, I don't remember much of it.

@Havanna-wa -  I don’t enjoy the production to this as much as the rest of the album but it’s still good

@Liam - *nah*

1 minute ago, Vulnicura. said:

omg I must have gotten your scores mixed up with First Fuck I think (I saved your score for Hello Ego a 10 and First Fuck a 6) (the 9 was a typo what even) jj4 

Mess jj3 

2 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Mess jj3 

updating your score for First Fuck would mean that Hello Ego places at #85 and First Fuck places higher (and along the way fucks up a lot of other placings in this rate)

I dread fixing it jj3 first flop can fuck off jj2 

well fuck I think we can all agree that this is taking way too long.

Admittedly I've been too ambitious with cover art and all that I definitely do not have the time to do.

Also, due to the mixing up of scores, songs after #69 have moved down a place.

Anyways, thought I'd try out a new results format (for now at least), so here's #65 to #61

#65  Psilocybin (Love In Full Effect) - 7.7800

Highest Scorer: 11 x 1 (@Jake), 10 x 1 (@Vulnicura.)

Lowest Scorer: 4 x 1 (@petedagrk)

#64 Stopwatch - 7.8214

Highest Scorer: 9.5 x 1 (@petedagrk)

Lowest Scorer: 4 x 1 (@Hunty Bear)

#63 New Balance - 7.8450

Highest Scorer: 9 x 2 (@Urbanov @Havanna-wa)

Lowest Scorer: 5 x 1 (@petedagrk)

#62 Human - 7.8478

Highest Scorer: 10 x 1 (@Violet)

Lowest Scorer: 5 x 1 (@Liam)

#61 Normal Girl - 7.8817

Highest Scorer: 10 x 2 (@Vulnicura. @Violet)

Lowest Scorer: 5 x 1 (@Hunty Bear)

Psilocybin is the first 11 to leave WHICH IT DEFINITELY DOES NOT FUCKING DESERVE!!!11!! Admittedly it takes a bit of patience to get through but still jj4 Keeping on theme with the rest of the album, Psilocybin is about her experience with the drug of the same name. Here's what Jhené had to say about Psilocybin.

Plants are healing, and mushrooms are definitely a plant from God. The things that they open you up to are very, very special. So I chose to put that in “Psilocybin”. I had drunk a lot of mushroom tea when I recorded that song. When I was writing it, it literally felt like I wasn’t writing it. It felt like somebody or something was just channeling through me and I was saying these things: ‘I’m the divine mother’ or ‘I have seeds of promise in my garden.’ When I looked back I was like, ‘Woah, this is trippy.’ Psilocybin is definitely a powerful psychedelic that can open your mind. This song is all about that enlightening experience. That’s one of my favorite ones, too.

@Havanna-wa - this song definitely feels like I’m taking a hallucinogen with her.

@Liam -  *FUK YES FUK YES FUK YES SEVEN MINS IN HEAVEN*

Stopwatch is a cute bop, has grown on me a bit.

@petedagrk - BOP

New Balance I'm indifferent to until I hear it, a cute ballad that I don't remember much of except for the fact that I like it.

@Havanna-wa - very calming and lovely.

@Liam - *kinda gorg nice mix love the guitars*

Did not expect Human fall this soon, definitely one of the more immediate songs on Ison, one of my favorites.

@Liam -  *no sorry wannabee FKA*

well you can fka off

As my first SZA song, I have a certain liking for Normal Girl, despite it being generally one of the least favorites on the album for many. It's so warm and sets the mood for the last section of the album.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.