Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

StrippedX

Is Xtina's VOICE iconic?

Is it?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Yes
    • No, I'm delusional
    • No

I know many people on this forum try to downplay Christina and her legacy, achievements and work moo1 

But however, even if you don't like it... can you honestly say her voice isn't iconic?

The riffs and the runs, the power, the "screaming" as haters call it, the long notes, the EXTRA-ness...

It's iconic.

In VARIOUS movies and tv shows people mention Christina and her voice, e.g. in Pitch Perfect when someone sings badly they say her vocals don't sounds "Aguilerian" at all.

And she is IMITATED many times duplicated can't be replaced TO THIS DAY by singers of all ages.

PLUS, she has been awarded with "Voice of a generation".

So now.

Is her voice iconic? If not, why not?

Keep it cute please

She's known for her distinctive voice, if that's what you are trying to say, yes.

No one should imitate her or mariah because they often sing out of their range and it hurt them on the long run as we can see judging by their recent offerings.

3 minutes ago, BEAUX said:

She's known for her distinctive voice, if that's what you are trying to say, yes.

No one should imitate her or mariah because they often sing out of their range and it hurt them on the long run as we can see judging by their recent offerings.

No. I'm asking if you think it's an iconic part of music history.

And HONESTLY I don't think either Mariah or Christina has ruined their voices, if that's what YOU'RE trying to say, by singing their specific ways. I think they SLIGHTLY damaged their voices through not caring enough + some alcohol.

4 minutes ago, StrippedX said:

No. I'm asking if you think it's an iconic part of music history.

And HONESTLY I don't think either Mariah or Christina has ruined their voices, if that's what YOU'RE trying to say, by singing their specific ways. I think they SLIGHTLY damaged their voices through not caring enough + some alcohol.

Do I think it is an iconic part of music history? YES, if you go back in history books and opened the voices of the 00's chapter, you will see it it iconic, along with N'Sync, Britney, Beyonce, gaga, etc.. 

Also xtina was coined the "voice of our generation" before, and since i worship facts, i can't deny it, yes.

This is not what i wanted to say tho, i wanted to say that their techniques are dangerous and should not be imitated by young singers who want to keep their voices for long, I personally think they [X and mc]  ruined their voices, especially Mc who should have taken care of her nodules, sorry to say it but it is not my fault or my problem. if they were careful they could have maintained their voices til now, look at patti labelle, it is possible to do so when you are later on in your career, but they just didn't take care of their voices like patti. 

50 minutes ago, BEAUX said:

this tbh

their technique, especially christina's is a vocal suicide wendy4

People shouldn't really celebrate that tbh,she is just screamingew2
there are better ways to show off your voice without hurting yourself

56 minutes ago, Russian Roulette said:

yes, she's nowhere near techincal singing BUT her unique style has impact and the only people who will argue against it are Brit stans

Well, this.

Even I, a semi-delusional stan of X, do realize that her technique is bad in a "traditional sense" and has somewhat put strain on her vocal chords but she can STILL hit the notes she could in 2001 - most of them at least.

Well obviously. Growls and extra adlibs with yeahs and ohs are automaticaly hers. Also, most famous singers nowadays like Demi and Ariana know her singing style very well, even the "ha", finger dancing on the mic and raising her hand to the heavens while hitting a high note xtina10 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.