Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Slasher

Billboard's Greatest of All Time Charts for Women: #37 Artist, #54 (Self-Titled) Album

On 1.12.2017 at 4:23 AM, lovechristina said:

Hannah Montana is above Mariah Carey? Oh no... 

Well, at least Beyonce is no where to be found (I swear her fans and the media hype her up as if she were Mozart or something)

SPILL THE TEA SIS cry2  I couldn't agree more cry7

2 hours ago, BackToBasics said:

SPILL THE TEA SIS cry2  I couldn't agree more cry7

Here is my opinion: I think Beyonce is talented and a hard worker but she is shrouded in gimmicks. Whether it's the perfectly timed hair-flip, the technologically advanced stage effects, the dramatic music behind her... it all seems like artful deception. I think the GP understands this, seeing as her most recent album was outsold by Taylor Swift in less than a month. It's just the media and her fans that hype her up, I've actually read an article that compared Beyonce to Shakespeare. That's when I stopped valuing social media for credible info. 

She can't sell herself as a ballad singer because there are better vocalists out there and I think ballads are all about story telling, and her voice is too robotic for that. Which is why people love Adele and Christina. (This is also why I admire actors, because I think honing in emotional instincts is much more impressive than honing in technique) 

15 hours ago, TheRoxxtar said:

Just out of curiosity, what are these lists based on? Some mediocre talents are really high on each list.

It's based off of their performance on the Billboard charts. moo1 

14 hours ago, lovechristina said:

Here is my opinion: I think Beyonce is talented and a hard worker but she is shrouded in gimmicks. Whether it's the perfectly timed hair-flip, the technologically advanced stage effects, the dramatic music behind her... it all seems like artful deception. I think the GP understands this, seeing as her most recent album was outsold by Taylor Swift in less than a month. It's just the media and her fans that hype her up, I've actually read an article that compared Beyonce to Shakespeare. That's when I stopped valuing social media for credible info. 

She can't sell herself as a ballad singer because there are better vocalists out there and I think ballads are all about story telling, and her voice is too robotic for that. Which is why people love Adele and Christina. (This is also why I admire actors, because I think honing in emotional instincts is much more impressive than honing in technique) 

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE! fall3  She is talented but  too robotic in my opinion-everything she does has to be perfect,she hardly never lets herself do sth which wasn't planned.I appreciate that she always rehearses a lot and she's always prepared (unlike Christina) but her performances often seem overrehearsed.Also her voice is beautiful but always sounds flat in ballads,e.g. her lyrics in walk on water or in perfect-lyrics is emotional and full of pain/joy but she sounds like she's a robot,no feelings are being heard when you listen to these songs.And the last thing that pisses me off the most-she creates herself as a queen&media also does it...I would understand if Adele created herself as a queen because of her sales but Beyonce?why?her music is ordinary,she never done anything that wasn't done before&her albums&singles sales isn't  impressive and doesn't let her call herself a quen.She's too overrated by media&by her fans

9 hours ago, BackToBasics said:

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE! fall3  She is talented but  too robotic in my opinion-everything she does has to be perfect,she hardly never lets herself do sth which wasn't planned.I appreciate that she always rehearses a lot and she's always prepared (unlike Christina) but her performances often seem overrehearsed.Also her voice is beautiful but always sounds flat in ballads,e.g. her lyrics in walk on water or in perfect-lyrics is emotional and full of pain/joy but she sounds like she's a robot,no feelings are being heard when you listen to these songs.And the last thing that pisses me off the most-she creates herself as a queen&media also does it...I would understand if Adele created herself as a queen because of her sales but Beyonce?why?her music is ordinary,she never done anything that wasn't done before&her albums&singles sales isn't  impressive and doesn't let her call herself a quen.She's too overrated by media&by her fans

Yeah, she is talented, but she's no queen. I don't think any human being deserves to be worshipped like a God (there is an ACTUAL church dedicated to Beyonce). Some Beyonce fans are borderline pathological. Yes, Adele is not as technical as Beyonce but she makes you feel something, she's an amazing storyteller. Beyonce sells this perfectly packaged version of herself, which is why I think of her as more of a showgirl not an artist. I respect people who can draw huge crows with just their voice, that to me is the true measure of an artist. Beyonce follows a formula, I think a singer/dancer with enough talent can replicate that and be as successful as her. But can they replicate Whitney, MJ, or Janet? No. 

Like I said earlier, seeing as Adele's album sold 8x more than Beyonce, I think the GP agrees. It's just the media/her fans that hype her up. 

I agree, it's very jarring to hear painful lyrics being sung by an emotionless voice. 

(This is why I hope Christina will have at least one ballad, because she is also an exceptional story teller with, imo, a better voice than Adele) 

20 hours ago, lovechristina said:

Yeah, she is talented, but she's no queen. I don't think any human being deserves to be worshipped like a God (there is an ACTUAL church dedicated to Beyonce). Some Beyonce fans are borderline pathological. Yes, Adele is not as technical as Beyonce but she makes you feel something, she's an amazing storyteller. Beyonce sells this perfectly packaged version of herself, which is why I think of her as more of a showgirl not an artist. I respect people who can draw huge crows with just their voice, that to me is the true measure of an artist. Beyonce follows a formula, I think a singer/dancer with enough talent can replicate that and be as successful as her. But can they replicate Whitney, MJ, or Janet? No. 

Like I said earlier, seeing as Adele's album sold 8x more than Beyonce, I think the GP agrees. It's just the media/her fans that hype her up. 

I agree, it's very jarring to hear painful lyrics being sung by an emotionless voice. 

(This is why I hope Christina will have at least one ballad, because she is also an exceptional story teller with, imo, a better voice than Adele) 

10/10oprah2

On 12/3/2017 at 11:50 AM, lovechristina said:

Beyonce sells this perfectly packaged version of herself, which is why I think of her as more of a showgirl not an artist. I respect people who can draw huge crows with just their voice, that to me is the true measure of an artist. Beyonce follows a formula, I think a singer/dancer with enough talent can replicate that and be as successful as her. But can they replicate Whitney, MJ, or Janet? No.

Janet?! People do not see Janet for her voice, lol. She follows a similar singer/dancer formula like Beyonce.

On 12/24/2017 at 12:25 PM, TheRoxxtar said:

Janet?! People do not see Janet for her voice, lol. She follows a similar singer/dancer formula like Beyonce.

Sorry for the late reply, but when I mentioned Janet I meant Formation (imo) is an empty copy of Rhythm Nation and Beyonce can't replicate that. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.