Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Chapman

Chapman's Best Of 2017 | 15 Best Albums SOON when i'm free and there's people here

Liability is fascinating, at points it almost feels like she's off-key (like, who else would do the e- nananana e...veryone with that really awkward accenting?) and more like she's just telling a story over one of the most simple (death at autocorrect suggesting "worthless people" after most, I'm horrible) musical backgrounds AND she still manages to turn it into a thrilling experience. I learned to appreciate it a lot more after hearing it live too, the tears of the girl behind me and the crowd singing it in its entirety made quite the impression. 

1 minute ago, *Starlight* said:

Wow, snub Green Icon like that, But all jokes aside Liabilty is a good choice as well

green light's cute but... yeah no comparison to this one, it's my #1 way before I had any solid rankings of any song because it's just that good and that important. oprah4 

Just now, Diamond said:

Great choice, Liability is great and so relatable oprah4 

I play the piano and out of nowhere I just find myself playing those chords over and over and over and over again just because it's so pretty, and it's also one of the reasons it's such a masterpiece, it just sounds right but so easily playable oprah4 

1 minute ago, Shiver said:

Came here expecting to upvote but all I was greeted with was unwarranted Witness slander! wendy3 The only way is up ig, lemme read wendy3

there's an overview somewhere in this page if you don't care about my commentary! and yes no witness fans here except bon appetit stans! wendy3 

1 minute ago, Vilppu said:

Liability is fascinating, at points it almost feels like she's off-key (like, who else would do the e- nananana e...veryone with that really awkward accenting?) and more like she's just telling a story over one of the most simple (death at autocorrect suggesting "worthless people" after most, I'm horrible) musical backgrounds AND she still manages to turn it into a thrilling experience. I learned to appreciate it a lot more after hearing it live too, the tears of the girl behind me and the crowd singing it in its entirety made quite the impression. 

the length is perfect as well. yeah fascinating is a fitting description, the whole album is to be fair, everything just laid out for you in plain sight and all you can do is just take it all in. yeah the chords are basically the most simple progression that there is, there's no other production necessary to back her voice here really. if I'd see her live which I FUCKING HOPE ONE DAY, I will honestly bawl my eyes out, I can imagine how surreal it'll be oprah4 

do you type that phrase a lot

2 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

A really cute countdown overall too, a lot of these wouldn't be my top picks but considering how different tastes we usually have, I'm glad to see so many great songs still!

yeah thank you for sticking with me throughout and commenting, I enjoyed learning about your tastes! you have very different preferences to a lot of people in general hihi jj2 excited to discover some new exciting music in your countdown btw!

8 minutes ago, Chapman. said:

27 | carly rae jepsen - cut to the feeling
26 | charli xcx - roll with me

10 | katy perry - chained to the rhythm
9 | miley cyrus - malibu

Stan these four ***flawless songs wendy3 The rest of this list contains some...choices wendy3 Lemme go see what you had to say about these icons tho wendy3

3 minutes ago, Chapman. said:

if I'd see her live which I FUCKING HOPE ONE DAY, I will honestly bawl my eyes out, I can imagine how surreal it'll be oprah4 

do you type that phrase a lot

Oh she's the kind of act that you - or at least I - wouldn't expect to excell live so much but she totally does, hope you get to see her one day. 

I'd like to think I don't but then again all I do is constantly complain sooo

yeah thank you for sticking with me throughout and commenting, I enjoyed learning about your tastes! you have very different preferences to a lot of people in general hihi jj2 excited to discover some new exciting music in your countdown btw!

Looking at various year-end lists, I feel like my opinions match critics in terms of albums but not songs n and thanx I'll be sure to @ you whenever I get my shit together <3

28 minutes ago, Chapman. said:

the louvre at #15. and this one - 

#1 | lorde - liability

I feel like every time I listen to this it’s necessary to hide in a pitch black room, put on my headphones and just let her voice drown my head. it’s almost a sanctuary, just hearing the lyrics with the slightly out of tune piano in the back. i think it’s lorde that mentioned how they’ve tried tens of pianos everywhere around the world to find the right one, it’s got a slight touch of loneliness for me and it is truly perfect. it’s a beautifully personal song that we all relate to every now and then, the feeling that everyone around you doesn’t really like you, that feeling of being left alone, at least I do. and now whenever I feel that I put this on and spend a little time with this phenomenal artist that’s ruled this year for me.

yas2

55 minutes ago, Chapman. said:

#6 | mura masa & charli xcx - 1 night

a bop. just downright an absolute bop. a banger. 10/10. a pussy popping unapologetic legendary #1 peaking million selling bop. legendary amazing never the same totally unique. is it true that charli is releasing a mixtape this month? should I just hold on this countdown indefinitely just in case legend takes the entirety of my top 5?

#5 | taylor swift - delicate

no official video I hate her team!

at #5 we have my favourite song from reputation. out of this album that’s as bold and experimental - while remaining in accessible territory - as i can imagine taylor to get to, and surrounded by such loud, electronic synths and basses and noises that signifies literal artillery, you have this track just in the midst of everything and it’s so chilled and vulnerable and mature. along with new year’s day this is the few tracks I hear the old form of my favourite artist.

any predictions / expectations for top 4? 2 out of 4 artists already appeared once. sia1 

two amazing songs yas2 low-key wished one night would get more exposure because charli delivers oprah4 also yass @ me predicting that delicate would come and snatch! truly THAT song! imready1

53 minutes ago, Shiver said:

Stan these four ***flawless songs wendy3 The rest of this list contains some...choices wendy3 Lemme go see what you had to say about these icons tho wendy3

funny how they go in pairs! ...elaborate wendy3 the Katy one had slander in it spoilers! 

52 minutes ago, KingOfTheClouds said:

just to let u know i have checked out artists on ur list and some I enjoyed so thank you for that

oh no worries! thank you for sticking around

49 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

Oh she's the kind of act that you - or at least I - wouldn't expect to excell live so much but she totally does, hope you get to see her one day. 

I'd like to think I don't but then again all I do is constantly complain sooo

Looking at various year-end lists, I feel like my opinions match critics in terms of albums but not songs n and thanx I'll be sure to @ you whenever I get my shit together <3

I watch her festival performances and sure there aren't beyonce chore is or Katy perry props and stages but her energy >>> 

well at least you're self aware!

i like to think that critics' song lists sometimes aren't accurate bc they have to choose singles / more known tracks? take nme's picking green light as #1 that's just because Lorde's won 2017 but they couldn't pick an album track or something

33 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

two amazing songs yas2 low-key wished one night would get more exposure because charli delivers oprah4 also yass @ me predicting that delicate would come and snatch! truly THAT song! imready1

I wish mura masa gets more traction in general i want him famous! great minds think alike etc, truly the best reputalent had to offer! imready1 

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheClouds said:

Why r people obsessed with Lorde, Lana and Kendrick brit5

because they're quite excellent artists, let the light in!

3 minutes ago, Shiver said:

Yes, so I have Witnessed wendy3 No elaboration needed btw, just my (superior) preferences wendy3

don't get cocky at me now Mr. I Stan Witness wendy4 

Just now, KingOfTheClouds said:

Ive tried to listen to Lana's albums but i just keep falling asleep

Lorde- eh well i dunno theres like 1 or 2 songs i like i guess (Royals and Homemade Dynamite are tolerable)

Kendrick- i heard some of his stuff but i dont see the thrill of it i find him kinda annoying

I mean if that's what it's good for, Honeymoon is a go-to album for me to download when I get on a plane / a long distance travel because of how easy I fall asleep to it, that sounds like major shade but I enjoy it for the fact that it does that dead7 

when you classify lorde into genres she's just pop like a lot of your faves isn't she? is that because her songs aren't upbeat enough then, or is it just like a style that you don't like

what stuff in particular? I mean arguably he's the best in the rap game and if he doesn't get to you then the entire genre just isn't, because he's one of the most innovative and versatile rappers out there with the best beats and production.

1 hour ago, Chapman. said:

the louvre at #15. and this one - 

#1 | lorde - liability

I feel like every time I listen to this it’s necessary to hide in a pitch black room, put on my headphones and just let her voice drown my head. it’s almost a sanctuary, just hearing the lyrics with the slightly out of tune piano in the back. i think it’s lorde that mentioned how they’ve tried tens of pianos everywhere around the world to find the right one, it’s got a slight touch of loneliness for me and it is truly perfect. it’s a beautifully personal song that we all relate to every now and then, the feeling that everyone around you doesn’t really like you, that feeling of being left alone, at least I do. and now whenever I feel that I put this on and spend a little time with this phenomenal artist that’s ruled this year for me.

the piano at my guardian's house sounded just like that one and it's like the third piano I've played in my life Yes the song is so so vulnerable but at the same time the ending is sort of uplifting sob1 i love it so much! and then there's the reprise which is absolutely genius as well 

3 minutes ago, #Music said:

the piano at my guardian's house sounded just like that one and it's like the third piano I've played in my life Yes the song is so so vulnerable but at the same time the ending is sort of uplifting sob1 i love it so much! and then there's the reprise which is absolutely genius as well 

if you call "you're all gonna watch me disappear into the sun" uplifting then sure! the reprise makes it full circle though and that's the uplifting and tearjerking bit sob1 I have myself a little melodrama experience every now and then by playing sober -> the louvre -> liability then straight to reprise and PL

5 minutes ago, KingOfTheClouds said:

no i just hate Lana's voice.

IVe heard parts of DAMN and i just am not into it like at all

oh well mess

fair enough, I find myself not interested in rap before this year but I've come to open up to it so maybe you would as well at some point

6 minutes ago, #Music said:

i was like 90% sure you would put Boys by Charli XCX at #1 idk why

bc I talked about it endlessly when it was released? sia2 yeah thought about putting it on my list, but realise I overplay it so much it became annoying lmao

if you call "you're all gonna watch me disappear into the sun" uplifting then sure! the reprise makes it full circle though and that's the uplifting and tearjerking bit sob1 I have myself a little melodrama experience every now and then by playing sober -> the louvre -> liability then straight to reprise and PL 

omg sob1 it's uplifting because she's gonna disappear into the sun to find the people who actually love her and a better life isn't that beautiful sob1 "but you're not what you thought you were" line of 2017 lbr! sob1 I usually do Liability -> Reprise -> Writer In the Dark -> Green Light -> Perfect Places when I'm feeling down

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.