Jump to content

More Talent: Janet or Madonna

Recommended Posts

Madonna. She plays more instruments than Janet and she had a better voice (Janet barely ever sings live). She's also a better dancer and has a better sense for aesthetics and is overall more creative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Janet sings and dances better, fact. A sense for aesthetics is not a talent, especially not in the realm of music, and creativity is also not a talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Janet’s a better dancer but Madonna’s a better songwriter and singer. Neither of them are vocalists, per se, but Janet’s voice kind of reminds me of Selena Gomez. It’s mostly a whisper and is just sort of there so that she can have a music career. Madonna’s a better businessperson and entertainer in general but Janet is better at making people like her which is cute I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really have an opinion. Both have catchy songs and both have their strengths where the other one lacks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NicoleRichiePurpleHair.jpg said:

 A sense for aesthetics is not a talent, especially not in the realm of music, and creativity is also not a talent. 

Who said a sense for aesthetics is a talent? um1 That is just an indicator of taste.

Madonna isn't a bad dancer and you ignored her work on her albums. jj3 

Creativity maybe not a talent, but many talented artists aren't creative and are basic af. eve1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Satori said:

Janet’s a better dancer but Madonna’s a better songwriter and singer. Neither of them are vocalists, per se, but Janet’s voice kind of reminds me of Selena Gomez. It’s mostly a whisper and is just sort of there so that she can have a music career. Madonna’s a better businessperson and entertainer in general but Janet is better at making people like her which is cute I guess. 

It's a lot because of her music style. She does on Black Cat what Selena Gomez could never do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

Who said a sense for aesthetics is a talent? um1 That is just an indicator of taste.

Madonna isn't a bad dancer and you ignored her work on her albums. jj3 

Creativity maybe not a talent, but many talented artists aren't creative and are basic af. eve1 

Latoya listed sense for aesthetics in his post. The thread is title who is more talented, thus we can infer that he thinks a sense for aesthetic is a talent. 

Madonna can dance, but Janet is undeniably better.

and t, Madonna is fairly creative, but also because she has so much control over her music. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put them together on stage without all the razzle-dazzle. Now who would shine better? creep1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, HninSi said:

Put them together on stage without all the razzle-dazzle. Now who would shine better? creep1

Madonna. Janet has‘t sung live in ages AND even if she did, her vocals are dog whistle-level inaudible. Ain’t nobody got time for mumbling and whistling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LaToya Jackson said:

Madonna. Janet has‘t sung live in ages AND even if she did, her vocals are dog whistle-level inaudible. Ain’t nobody got time for mumbling and whistling.

Janet is a better singer than Madonna.

Her freestyle dancing would definitely outshine.

Keep downvoting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HninSi said:

Put them together on stage without all the razzle-dazzle. Now who would shine better? creep1

Madonna of course.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Moon and The Sky said:

It's a lot because of her music style. She does on Black Cat what Selena Gomez could never do.

That’s fair. I didn’t mean to say she’s only as good as Selena. I have way more respect for Janet than to mean that. I actually quite like the warmth and softness of her tone, I just think her voice is lil more limited than Madonna’s—but will admit some of that is probably because M had some vocal training in the 90s that helped her voice a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LaToya Jackson said:

Madonna. Janet has‘t sung live in ages AND even if she did, her vocals are dog whistle-level inaudible. Ain’t nobody got time for mumbling and whistling.

I was going to say, and this is not shade to Janet, but I can’t think of a single Janet performance that wasn’t 100% razzle dazzle... which is fine and all but why use that as their comparison when Madonna has Sooner Or Later at the Oscars, Take A Bow with Babyface, Evita, etc etc etc. The ignorance wendy4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Muse said:

I don't really have an opinion. Both have catchy songs and both have their strengths where the other one lacks. 

This, it's almost impossible to compare them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madonna, I haven't heard that much of Janet's music, she can dance better but Madonna is a better performer, she can put a better show as a whole + she has better music oprah11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×