More Talent: Janet or Madonna

They are both great entertainers and were heavily involved i their music. Madonna worked harder to get where she is, tho. There's no denying Janet worked her ass off too, but I'm sure she got a couple of shortcuts to get to where she is because she was born into a family that already paved a path for her. So my vote goes to Madonna.  

I think they pretty much are on the same level for a lot of things. Janet's a better dancer, but I think Madonna is a better singer – or at least has been at various stages of her career. 

Although, lets not forget that Janet basically invented a music genre with The Time, and Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis

On 12/1/2017 at 6:40 PM, *Starlight* said:

Who are you

bitch what ??????? do you suppose to know everyone on this big ass forum? No. wendy4

1 hour ago, M3L155AX said:

bitch what ??????? do you suppose to know everyone on this big ass forum? No. wendy4

Lets not get an attitude; all i asked was who are you becasue ive never seen you before.  Keep your pants on sis wendy4

On 12/2/2017 at 2:52 AM, LaToya Jackson said:

Madonna. She plays more instruments than Janet and she had a better voice (Janet barely ever sings live). She's also a better dancer and has a better sense for aesthetics and is overall more creative.

MADONNA IS A BETTER DANCER THAN JANET?

ARE YOU INSANE?

You literally call those half assed yoga moves by madonna "dancing"? and you compare those to janet's famous dance choreos? The fuck?

ny11 

Singing: neither

Dancing: Janet and it is not even close.

Cohesive albums: Janet

Videos: Madonna

Tours: Both

Artistry: both

Sex appeal: janet

Smarter: madonna

instruments: Madonna i guess

better visionary: Janet (the topics she covered in her songs are still relevant, racism included), but to her credit, madonna was a great one too.. i will just give it to janet because it is always harder for a female black artist to express herself and to tab into topic such as sexuality, racism, etc...

Generally: i'd say a tie because you can be taught to dance and you can also be taught to play an instrument, they are not natural talents. 

17 minutes ago, BEAUX said:

Singing: neither

Dancing: Janet and it is not even close.

Cohesive albums: Janet

Videos: Madonna

Tours: Both

Artistry: both

Sex appeal: janet

Smarter: madonna

instruments: Madonna i guess

better visionary: Janet (the topics she covered in her songs are still relevant, racism included), but to her credit, madonna was a great one too.. i will just give it to janet because it is always harder for a female black artist to express herself and to tab into topic such as sexuality, racism, etc...

Generally: i'd say a tie because you can be taught to dance and you can also be taught to play an instrument, they are not natural talents. 

But an aptitude for instrument or dancing is a talent tho. Some come easier to others, singing can also be taught, but some can be a naturally talented singer like whitney or Mariah. 

2 hours ago, NicoleRichiePurpleHair.jpg said:

But an aptitude for instrument or dancing is a talent tho. Some come easier to others, singing can also be taught, but some can be a naturally talented singer like whitney or Mariah. 

tumblr_ob9xvgUbY31tq4of6o1_500.gif 

TALENT HAS TO BE NATURAL AND TO FEEL EFFORTLESS. NATURAL. Mariah and whitney had good voices naturally, they were born to be singers, they had pipes for days, it was literally a matter of time for those facts to be realized [by their parents]. them having voice lessons and practicing was a bonus, but obviously their talents were noticed for their people to enhance it by acting on it. (by giving them voice lessons, teaching them notes, etc..) 

Not to mention their parents were singers.. so even from early on, they had the tools to enhance and maximize their natural talents..

NOW You can force someone with an average/okay voice to sing, you can even teach them how to sing properly, i mean it is technically possible, but that person WILL NEVER BE on the same level as someone who already has it in them naturally if both were given the same level of practice, N-E-V-E-R, you can't fake the funk boo.

For me, personally, i'm not too much impressed by stuff that can be taught, because it all depends on whoever is teaching, generally i'm more impressed by natural talents. Like put an effort to impress me please. 

Just now, BEAUX said:

tumblr_ob9xvgUbY31tq4of6o1_500.gif 

TALENT HAS TO BE NATURAL AND TO FEEL EFFORTLESS. NATURAL. Mariah and whitney had good voices naturally, they were born to be singers, they had pipes for days, it was literally a matter of time for those facts to be realized [by their parents]. them having voice lessons and practicing was a bonus, but obviously their talents were noticed for their people to enhance it by acting on it. (by giving them voice lessons, teaching them notes, etc..) 

Not to mention their parents were singers.. so even from early on, they had the tools to enhance and maximize their natural talents..

NOW You can force someone with an average/okay voice to sing, you can even teach them how to sing properly, i mean it is technically possible, but that person WILL NEVER BE on the same level as someone who already has it in them naturally if both were given the same level of practice, N-E-V-E-R, you can't fake the funk boo.

For me, personally, i'm not too much impressed by stuff that can be taught, because it all depends on whoever is teaching, generally i'm more impressed by natural talents. Like put an effort to impress me please. 

Beyoncé’s training has pushed her to legendary vocal abilities. She was a ok singer in destinys child,  but nothing to write him about. Now thanks to training she is technically perfect almost. 

And instruments can be talent, example people who teach themselves are have a knack for melody and such. Beethoven and Mozart.

Dance could be talent too, you could say Michael has a natural knack for dance and rhythm. 

Almost all talents can be taught.

but I agree, it’s one of the reason I like Mariah so much. She wasn’t classical trained or technically trained, but instead had a natural ability to be almost technically perfect in her prime, coupled with Ana absurd range and a agility. 

1 minute ago, NicoleRichiePurpleHair.jpg said:

Beyoncé’s training has pushed her to legendary vocal abilities. She was a ok singer in destinys child,  but nothing to write him about. Now thanks to training she is technically perfect almost. 

And instruments can be talent, example people who teach themselves are have a knack for melody and such. Beethoven and Mozart.

Dance could be talent too, you could say Michael has a natural knack for dance and rhythm. 

Almost all talents can be taught.

but I agree, it’s one of the reason I like Mariah so much. She wasn’t classical trained or technically trained, but instead had a natural ability to be almost technically perfect in her prime, coupled with Ana absurd range and a agility. 

"nothing to write home about" is subjective honey. Maybe she wasn't getting properly trained back then, who knows.... you can't be the judge of that.. what is certain is that she finally worked on her natural talent and the rest is history..

These two are exceptions, exceptions never erase the rule.  "self-taught" musicians are exceptions, because they act on their natural talents by themselves, in the case of these two, their natural talent was composing music. 

Dancing is taught, almost literally all voluntary physical activities are taught. Like choreos and stuffs are taught, how many back up dancers are out there? zzz1  paula abdul taught janet how to dance, and MJ learned the moon walk from someone else, etc.. I'm not discrediting back up dancers or anything, but like... let it go pls ny6 just let it go.. 

Again, anyone can be taught to sing, but will this person be ever on the same level as someone who has it naturally in them? Won't happen. sorry1 

Natural talent >>>>>>>

1 minute ago, BEAUX said:

"nothing to write home about" is subjective honey. Maybe she wasn't getting properly trained back then, who knows.... you can't be the judge of that.. what is certain is that she finally worked on her natural talent and the rest is history..

These two are exceptions, exceptions never erase the rule.  "self-taught" musicians are exceptions, because they act on their natural talents by themselves, in the case of these two, their natural talent was composing music. 

Dancing is taught, almost literally all voluntary physical activities are taught. Like choreos and stuffs are taught, how many back up dancers are out there? zzz1  paula abdul taught janet how to dance, and MJ learned the moon walk from someone else, etc.. I'm not discrediting back up dancers or anything, but like... let it go pls ny6 just let it go.. 

Again, anyone can be taught to sing, but will this person be ever on the same level as someone who has it naturally in them? Won't happen. sorry1 

Natural talent >>>>>>>

What do you mean let it go? You act like I’m so adamant um1 Dancing is a talent, and most would agree. That’s fact

And you’re assuming they had a natural aptitude, what if they just worked really hard.

Their are many cases of someone being taught surpassing a natural talent.

Barbra a classical trained sings better than natural talent Christina

Almost all opera singers, all classical trained, sing better than almost all natural talents in the pop world. They’re ability to project over orchestras and supreme agility than not even Mariah or Whitney possess.

19 minutes ago, NicoleRichiePurpleHair.jpg said:

What do you mean let it go? You act like I’m so adamant um1 Dancing is a talent, and most would agree. That’s fact

And you’re assuming they had a natural aptitude, what if they just worked really hard.

Their are many cases of someone being taught surpassing a natural talent.

Barbra a classical trained sings better than natural talent Christina

Almost all opera singers, all classical trained, sing better than almost all natural talents in the pop world. They’re ability to project over orchestras and supreme agility than not even Mariah or Whitney possess.

Eh, you like to be argumentative, right?

I, personally, don't consider dancing to be a "talent", and even if it was a "talent", i wouldn't hold it at the same level as i hold other talents like "singing".  it can be taught, anyone can be taught 8 counts and move just fine... i don't care if everyone agrees/disagrees.

No, JUST Working hard won't make fetch happen, sorry. Example: in the 90s Madonna worked hard af on her voice, because the 90s was the decade of the vocal divas, but did her hard work make her automatically a great singer all of a sudden? no. she got improved tbh but she was not a remarkable singer still. Why no? because she does not have it in her, she was not born to be a singer, she knows it, she even admitted she initially wanted to be a dancer at first, and went to dance classes to be taught how to dance, like... Hard work won't magically make shit happen if it is not already in you. like what the hell will you work with?  bye.

Most of your arguments are literally your opinions, which are perfectly subjective and based on your taste. 

That's why opera singers are more successful and known than natural talents in pop, huh? ny6  Let. it. go. Practice makes perfection, yes, duhh, but A NATURAL TALENT is a fucking natural talent. if the natural talent works hard and gets properly trained, this will be the perfect case scenario. Working hard and practicing without a talent is okay, not perfect.

8 minutes ago, BEAUX said:

I, personally, don't consider dancing to be a "talent", and even if it was a "talent", i wouldn't hold it at the same level as i hold other talents like "singing".  it can be taught, anyone can be taught 8 counts and move just fine... i don't care if everyone agrees/disagrees.

No, JUST Working hard won't make fetch happen, sorry. Example: in the 90s Madonna worked hard af on her voice, because the 90s was the decade of the vocal divas, but did her hard work make her automatically a great singer all of a sudden? no. she got improved tbh but she was not a remarkable singer still. Why no? because she does not have it in her, she was not born to be a singer, she knows it, she even admitted she initially wanted to be a dancer at first, and went to dance classes to be taught how to dance, like... Hard work won't magically make shit happen if it is not already in you. like what the hell will you work with?  bye.

Most of your arguments are literally your opinions, which are perfectly subjective and based on your taste. 

That's why opera singers are more successful and known than natural talents in pop, huh? ny6  Let. it. go. Practice makes perfection, yes, duhh, but A NATURAL TALENT is a fucking natural talent. if the natural talent works hard and gets properly trained, this will be the perfect case scenario. Working hard and practicing without a talent is okay, not perfect.

How ironic, considering you like to present your opinions as facts. Oh and regarding the tours:

You should actually check out Janet’s tours. She has really been doing the same stuff over and over again and her visuals do not come close to that of M‘s tours.

Being a visionary? LMAO

Janet dragged Madonna for Erotica in 1994 and then literally copied her and the Girlie Show for The Velvet Rope. How are Damita Jo, 20 YO and any of the others visionary? They are basic even by her standards, whereas Madonna has literally managed to re-invent herself with every era WITHOUT the whole shock factor thibg that you like to credit for her success.

I mean we could totally talk about Beyoncé which you hold to such high standards and her lack of artistic input. She literally has a 2% artistic share on Freedom! lmfao2 She gets 1% of it and the other 1% goes to her publisher. I cackle everytime @Goldie is spilling the tea on her fraud-ass.

25 minutes ago, BEAUX said:

I think you’re replying to me in a alternate universe, or obviously trolling judging by the use of “ny6”. 

Dancing is a talent sorry1 

All your arguments are opinions too.

Dont know where popularity came into play, Mariah is more talented than Madonna yet Madonna sold more. Any opera singer is a better singer than Britney Spears, but Britney outsold. 

Practice makes perfect, but nothing can surpass natural talent? Natural talent > Perfect doesn’t make sense. 

Get butterflied, salted, and dredged. Then fried on both sides in hot oil, until crispy and golden brown. 

Just now, LaToya Jackson said:

How ironic, considering you like to present your opinions as facts. Oh and regarding the tours:

You should actually check out Janet’s tours. She has really been doing the same stuff over and over again and her visuals do not come close to that of M‘s tours.

Being a visionary? LMAO

Janet dragged Madonna for Erotica in 1994 and then literally copied her and the Girlie Show for The Velvet Rope. How are Damita Jo, 20 YO and any of the others visionary? They are basic even by her standards, whereas Madonna has literally managed to re-invent herself with every era WITHOUT the whole shock factor thibg that you like to credit for her success.

I mean we could totally talk about Beyoncé which you hold to such high standards and her lack of artistic input. She literally has a 2% artistic share on Freedom! lmfao2 She gets 1% of it and the other 1% goes to her publisher. I cackle everytime @Goldie is spilling the tea on her fraud-ass.

No sweetheart, i base my opinions on solid hardcore facts, i rarely, i repeat, rarely base them on emotions/personal taste. 

Regarding the tours? well, both ladies put on a great show, i'm equally entertained by both.

I have no problem with performers being 'repetitive', i don't necessarily hate that, like i stan beyonce, obviously i'm cool with it. 

I don't care who dragged madonna and what madonna did back in the day, madonna is a catty ass drama- loving ass bitch and this false premise that she is a victim and how she is always get dissed by others while doing nothing is as fake as her British accent, I will never be impressed, she is not nice, she's a literal bitch and i won't ever feel sorry for her when she get read for filth by her peers (even though most of them are either dead or just dont care anymore!). NOW Janet, during her prime was a visionary, she talked about lots of relevant issues, i don't give a flying fuck if you didn't notice or if you have no idea about it, is your problem, but with albums like rhythm nation and the velvet rope, she was surely socially conscious and aware.. you picked bad examples to discredit her but Eh.. at least you tried. in 20 YO she even says she talked about almost everything and she will have fun in this album, guess you didn't hear it, right? or are you playing dumb as usual interesting1  kevin cut it pls. DJ was a playful album as well.

The conversation was not about madonna re-inventing herself, ofc madonna re-invented and re-shaped her image multiple times, this is a fact.. she is a beast when it comes to self-marketing..  but shock value was one of the essential parts of her brand..  sorry  not sorry.. like you know madonna will push some buttons whenever she goes.. that's her thing... we love her for that.. that's a given and it is a part of her brand... can it be used against her? well, sometimes, when it comes off as desperate maybe. personally i love it when it is done right. Did i ever say she is not the #1? well, that never happened. i've always separated success from talent.  Erotica deserved to get dragged.  Madonna is not 100% original so it is rich for you to use a "originality" argument.. CUT IT.

Beyonce is the whole package for me, she satisfy me and gives me what i need, and she rarely get disrespected like moo, madge, etc.. , like she has her shit together, even in elevators, i'm cool with her flaws (songwriting credits, being not a good speaker, etc..) and they do not affect my fan experience much.. You all use bey to get to me but it won't work, i'm confident in her. Next pls.

4 minutes ago, NicoleRichiePurpleHair.jpg said:

I think you’re replying to me in a alternate universe, or obviously trolling judging by the use of “ny6”. 

Dancing is a talent sorry1 

All your arguments are opinions too.

Dont know where popularity came into play, Mariah is more talented than Madonna yet Madonna sold more. Any opera singer is a better singer than Britney Spears, but Britney outsold. 

Practice makes perfect, but nothing can surpass natural talent? Natural talent > Perfect doesn’t make sense. 

Get butterflied, salted, and dredged. Then fried on both sides in hot oil, until crispy and golden brown. 

I'm replying to you from Mariah's world (population= 2; me and her)

it is not, TO ME. ZetNIAy.gif 

Nope.

Sales has nothing to do with the level of natural talent you possess. Stop these dumb ass arguments. This is like.. painful.. how did you even link the two ?ZetNIAy.gif  Sales is an indicator of success, not an indicator of talent, you pop forum gays need a miracle. ZetNIAy.gif

"Perfect" has an element of "forced" and "mechanical"..  i don't like "forced"... i like things that are "natural".. it is my opinion.. i'm free to have one.. why are you mad? Yes natural talents can not be surpassed, another superior natural talent has to come through. Also i stan Bey, this is as close as robotic a pop girl can get, like she can give me the perfection i may want sometimes (squeaky clean public image, respected by everyone, successful, ultra rich, releases albums and DVDs, have legendary tours second to madonna, can sell albums and still win grammys and break records, is a good mom, relevant in IG and social media, etc.. ) she gives me what i ask from her.

1 minute ago, BEAUX said:

I'm replying to you from Mariah's world (population= 2; me and her)

it is not, TO ME. ZetNIAy.gif 

Nope.

Sales has nothing to do with the level of natural talent you possess. Stop these dumb ass arguments. This is like.. painful.. how did you even link the two ?ZetNIAy.gif  Sales is an indicator of success, not an indicator of talent, you pop forum gays need a miracle. ZetNIAy.gif

"Perfect" has an element of "forced" and "mechanical"..  i don't like "forced"... i like things that are "natural".. it is my opinion.. i'm free to have one.. why are you mad? Yes natural talents can not be surpassed, another superior natural talent has to come through. Also i stan Bey, this is as close as robotic a pop girl can get, like she can give me the perfection i may want sometimes (squeaky clean public image, respected by everyone, successful, ultra rich, releases albums and DVDs, have legendary tours second to madonna, can sell albums and still win grammys and break records, is a good mom, relevant in IG and social media, etc.. ) she gives me what i ask from her.

I won a long time ago, no need to bother quoting. 

Dancing a talent 

Practice can beat natural talent. 

Get clocked and rocked.

Just now, NicoleRichiePurpleHair.jpg said:

I won a long time ago, no need to bother quoting. 

Dancing a talent 

Practice can beat natural talent. 

Get clocked and rocked.

You surely won a medal for making me leaving this thread with a headache. ZetNIAy.gif

wtv... don't care anymore.. lost interest

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.