Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

Teens know Madonna's songs, but not Mariah's. Why?

oh but I'm confused. These videos don't matter when I brought them into a discussion on why MR was more known in these videos than CTTR (jokingly), but now they matter interesting1 

Opinions of people in this video are supposed to be indicative of the collective opinion of the GP? ezgif-1-b63256df09.gif.0bb242228b906ad979332803b230a089.gif

I didn't think I'd see the day that actual sales, views, streams,... weighed less than some video of random people commenting on a song fall5 Monsters never disappoint in their desperation to somehow prove that Gaga's competition isn't slaughtering her.

39 minutes ago, Infrared said:

oh but I'm confused. These videos don't matter when I brought them into a discussion on why MR was more known in these videos than CTTR (jokingly), but now they matter interesting1 

I would love for you to provide the context in which i said this, but overall I still stand by my point tbh if we are being serious. 

uIOUcuq.gif

Using these type of videos as receipts to prove a point is a weak approach boo, not invalid, but just weak, if you wanted to prove how MR was more known than CTTR you could have used spotify streams, youtube views, single sales, etc..

Funny how this thread is already getting dragged for using these inaccurate videos as receipts (jokingly), yet when others do it to prove Madonna's alleged "irrelevance" and "lack of impact" it's a kii. Gotta love FOTP's double-standards.

41 minutes ago, BEAUX said:

I would love for you to provide the context in which i said this, but overall I still stand by my point tbh if we are being serious. 

uIOUcuq.gif

Using these type of videos as receipts to prove a point is a weak approach boo, not invalid, but just weak, if you wanted to prove how MR was more known than CTTR you could have used spotify streams, youtube views, single sales, etc..

I remember you using videos from this channel to drag Madonna too, in a MJ vs Madonna thread you created

_9wcVR.gif

13 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

Funny how this thread is already getting dragged for using these inaccurate videos as receipts (jokingly), yet when others do it to prove Madonna's alleged "irrelevance" and "lack of impact" it's a kii. Gotta love FOTP's double-standards.

Preach bey4 They was working for MJ some weeks ago if I remember well bey4

7 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

Madonna is irrelevant to the younger audiences in US, it is a fact, most her fanbase are her ride or die from back in the day and the millennials who stanned for her post- COADF. US is obsessed with the young and fresh in case you don't know, madonna is nothing of the sort. once a female artist approach her 40s, it will be downhill from there... Props to madonna for keep going on, but let's not act like she's this omnipresent pop girl, she is not, no one is.. most of my faves (Bey for example) will be in her 40s someday and shit will get real for her, she is also black so it will be a struggle lbr.. but 'relevance' is not why i stan her tbh.. 

Moo is kind of despised by younger listeners mainly because of her shady attitude, this generation is obviously not here for an old diva who act young and shade their young favs like ariana, demi, etc..  Same can be applied to madonna (With gaga).... 

12 minutes ago, Devil Pray said:

I remember you using videos from this channel to drag Madonna too, in a MJ vs Madonna thread you created

_9wcVR.gif

That's true, i posted a video of a KID dragging madonna for being old as well. Good memory.

uIOUcuq.gif

is it a crime to do so, tho? 

whatever the case, i admit to it.

24 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

Madonna's music is rarely consumed by younger Listeners/audience unless it is a 80s-Theme party. 

1 minute ago, BEAUX said:

Madonna is irrelevant to the younger audiences in US, it is a fact, most her fanbase are her ride or die from back in the day and the millennials who stanned for her post- COADF. US is obsessed with the young and fresh in case you don't know, madonna is nothing of the sort. once a female artist approach her 40s, it will be downhill from there... Props to madonna for keep going on, but let's not act like she's this omnipresent pop girl, she is not, no one is.. most of my faves (Bey for example) will be in her 40s someday and shit will get real for her, she is also black so it will be a struggle lbr.. but 'relevance' is not why i stan her tbh.. 

Moo is kind of despised by younger listeners mainly because of her shady attitude, this generation is obviously not here for an old diva who act young and shade their young favs like ariana, demi, etc..  Same can be applied to madonna (With gaga).... 

You need to stop using this phrase. You clearly don't know what it entails.

Is it a FACT that you can actually prove? Those videos "prove" otherwise. People KNOW Madonna as a celebrity. They do not listen to her current material but they are aware of her and her legacy as an artist. Most people on this forum are between 14 and 30. They DO KNOW who Madonna is and can probably name some of her biggest hits.

Her music may not be relevant to younger audiences but her status as celebrity and pop icon is.

Just now, BEAUX said:

Madonna's music is rarely consumed by younger Listeners/audience unless it is a 80s-Theme party. 

That is the case for EVERY old artist. It doesn't take her out of the history books and it also doesn't erase her from the consciousness of younger audiences. They know very well who she is, whether it is due to her being "old" or the Gaga feud is not relevant to the discussion. She is well remembered as a legend and icon who majorly helped shaping the current pop scene. She is part of pop culture.

Just now, Salvatore said:

You need to stop using this phrase. You clearly don't know what it entails.

Is it a FACT that you can actually prove? Those videos "prove" otherwise. People KNOW Madonna as a celebrity. They do not listen to her current material but they are aware of her and her legacy as an artist. Most people on this forum are between 14 and 30. They DO KNOW who Madonna is and can probably name some of her biggest hits.

Her music may not be relevant to younger audiences but her status as celebrity and pop icon is.

I personally never denied that ig, i always call her a legend in here,  i was speaking about the others (the GP).

Pop forum gays in here are never the sample i will use to measure how popular an artist is, because ofc madonna will be known in here, she has a section, duhhh.. 

Those kids are a random sample, but as i always say, it is never indicative of the probability of younger listeners listening to madonna..

i'd love to see a chart with madonna listeners by age.. this is the type of facts i love.. the only thing i know is that younger listeners love streaming and streams CAN be an indicator.. initial one at least..

I know what it entails, shaddapp.. lmfao2 

5 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

That is the case for EVERY old artist. It doesn't take her out of the history books and it also doesn't erase her from the consciousness of younger audiences. They know very well who she is, whether it is due to her being "old" or the Gaga feud is not relevant to the discussion. She is well remembered as a legend and icon who majorly helped shaping the current pop scene. She is part of pop culture.

You are right, but you act like i said she never existed, OMG, chill a bit, this is like the millionth time for me to say she's a legend, she's paid and though, i just think she is not that known to younger audiences... not like what you think, prove me wrong with facts tho... 

Just now, Royale said:

It's ok. All I Want For Christmas Is You alone is more known than any Madonna song amongst teens.

LMAO because being remembered for ONE seasonal hit that she MILKS around the same time every year is such an achievement! lmfao2 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.