Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Americunt

Melanie Martinez accused of sexual assault by former friend

12 minutes ago, Jake said:

Some fanbases take stanning too far. These children need to grow the fuck up.

Not her being like "Oh well SURE she traumatized somebody with sexual assult but she's my fave so i'm gonna support her anyway!" 

Like seriously does she know how stupid she sounds like oh my god dead2

A fundamental misunderstanding of consent. "She never said no" is not the same thing as "she said yes, verbally and enthusiastically, while not under the influence of intoxicants" and it never will be. Melanie essentially just admitted to rape. I hope Timothy is emboldened by all the support and has the resources to take legal action against her.

I really can’t say I’m shocked. The whole crybaby concept was just plain creepy and disturbing! jj4 

6 hours ago, Jake said:

Some fanbases take stanning too far. These children need to grow the fuck up.

Yikes! Twitter stans truly have no morals. Trolling or not, this is crossing the line orangu1 

Melanie Martinez, who appeared on the third season of "The Voice" in 2012, posted a statement on Twitter Tuesday in which she denied an allegation from a female friend who accused her of sexual assault.
Martinez said in the statement that she was "horrified and saddened by the statements and story told tonight by Timothy Heller [her female friend]."
"What she and I shared was a close friendship for a period of time," the statement read. "We came into each other's lives as we were both starting our careers as artists, and we tried to help each other."

But, according to Heller, things took a dark turn.
The former member of the band Dresses shared a lengthy story on social media on Monday in which she said "accepting that my best friend raped me seems insane."
Heller wrote that Martinez pressured her to have sex, despite Heller's insistence she had a boyfriend, convinced her to smoke marijuana, then allegedly forcefully performed oral sex and used a sex toy on her. She did not specify when the alleged incident took place.
"I never said yes. I said no, repeatedly," Heller wrote. "But she used her power over me, and broke me down. Just so there is no confusion, I was molested by my best friend."

Heller said the recent wave of women coming forward with their stories of harassment and assault gave her encouragement that her account would be believed.
"Girls can rape girls," she wrote. "Best friends can rape best friends."
In her statement, Martinez said both she and Heller were in pain and "dealing with our individual demons" at the time.
"She never said no to what we chose to do together," Martinez said. "And although we parted ways, I am sending her love and light always."
CNN has reached out to both Heller and Martinez for additional comment.
A rep for Martinez pointed CNN to the singer's statement on Twitter and said there was no additional comment at this time

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/entertainment/melanie-martinez-timothy-heller-rape/index.html

ny3 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.