Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

KeshaOverdose

Taylor Swift mentions Kesha on her TIME Person of the Year Interview

Before the Harvey Weinstein allegations broke, and before #MeToo swept the Internet, Taylor Swift testified in court on Aug. 10 about being assaulted in a room full of people. Swift, who TIME recognized as one of the Silence Breakers who inspired women to speak out about harassment in this year’s Person of the Year issue, granted TIME her first interview since the trial.

Like many of the women interviewed for the 2017 Person of the Year issue; Swift would not accept blame for the abuse she experienced. Her clear-eyed testimony marked one of major milestones in the conversation around sexual harassment this year.

ce434a48ly1fm7c3poptbj20qo0zk0wl.png

I spoke to Kesha on the phone and it really helped to talk to someone who had been through the demoralizing court process.

full article: http://time.com/5049659/taylor-swift-interview-person-of-the-year-2017/?xid=homepage

7 minutes ago, Okan said:

Since Kesha was one of the first people who had impact on this movement, the only explanation she's not interviewed could be the drama still continuing brit2 

Seriously though, like, how does she not get chosen for this? wendy3 It actually aggravates me a bit because she literally has been dealing with this for YEARS. giveup1 

17 minutes ago, Okan said:

I love Taylor, she was very supportive to Kesha antm1

Since Kesha was one of the first people who had impact on this movement, the only explanation she's not interviewed could be the drama still continuing brit2 

8 minutes ago, Monster said:

Seriously though, like, how does she not get chosen for this? wendy3 It actually aggravates me a bit because she literally has been dealing with this for YEARS. giveup1 

I was surprised as well, I wish she had been included in this. That said, I'm incredibly happy these brave women were chosen, especially in light of 45's attempt to nominate himself.

51 minutes ago, Monster said:

I was annoyed/surprised too... Kesha was the most public (and one of the first major celebs) to fight back against her abuser. She's so high-profile too, so it just confuses me confused1 But, also - Kesha still can't say anything because she's still in a lawsuit with Dr. Luke, so she wouldn't have been able to do an interview or anything.

But, good on Taylor Swift - That's a really cool thing of her to do.

2 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

If they didn't ask Kesha and chose Taylor in the first place, this would be a joke.

But I'm still happy that Taylor mentioned her.

Because the #MeToo Movement took off this year and covering all the people this year that started it.

I don't understand the frustration. jj4 

13 minutes ago, Kyoteki said:

Because the #MeToo Movement took off this year and covering all the people this year that started it.

But Kesha came back this year and she was definitely the pioneer of all major exposes that came afterwards.

She put her whole career at stake at a time probably nobody of her peers would have done that and she was even belittled for that before 2016. And now, suddenly everybody feels instantly sorry for all the victims.

Even Taylor says in the interview that Kesha helped her coping with all the stuff!

9 minutes ago, Kyoteki said:

Well, no - In the article they mention much more than just 2017. Also, the "Me Too" movement began over a decade ago, just popularized by social media as of recently.

Also, Kesha's lawsuit is ongoing even now in 2017. But, I do understand why she was not included - She has been barred from speaking about the matter (for legal reasons), so she wouldn't have been able to appear in the magazine.

9 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I’m confused as to why Kesha was not chosen as well, maybe the ongoing legal battle has something to do with it, but it’s sad that she’s not getting recognized for her struggle and courage.

It is. Maybe Kesha didn't want to participate or was not allowed to speak about her case.

But it's nice that Taylor mentioned her. They are good friends - Kesha tweeted her support in Taylor's case and said that they talk very often and that Taylor is very sweet and genuine.

4 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

It is. Maybe Kesha didn't want to participate or was not allowed to speak about her case.

But it's nice that Taylor mentioned her. They are good friends - Kesha tweeted her support in Taylor's case and said that they talk very often and that Taylor is very sweet and genuine.

That’s what I’m feeling probably happened, because her case was/is still a huge thing and she deserves recognition for fighting and speaking up over her abuser.

I’m glad as well that she mentioned Kesha and that they both seem to be close, especially since I stan them both. I just hope Kesha gets more recognition eventually for what she’s been through.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.