Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Say Lou Lou

Demi Lovato calls Time magazine "hypocrites"

Okay, I understand her point...

But - Person Of The Year isn't meant to reflect the good people have done, just their massive amount of influence. The #MeToo movement (whilst doing incredible good), was also incredibly influential. Donald Trump is the president, which comes with great influence. 

Hitler also was the Person of the Year once too, purely based on influence.

Just now, Dan said:

Okay, I understand her point...

But - Person Of The Year isn't meant to reflect the good people have done, just their massive amount of influence. The #MeToo movement (whilst doing incredible good), was also incredibly influential. Donald Trump is the president, which comes with great influence. 

Hitler also was the Person of the Year once too, purely based on influence.

Came here to say this. She makes a very valid point and it is incredibly sad that the tangerine was the runner up, but unfortunately it’s not always good people that are influential.

I mean, sweetie, the person of the year title isn’t meant to go to a good person all of the time. It’s meant to go to the person who, in the judgment of the Time Editors, had the most impact for that year.

If my memory serves me correctly, Hitler once held the title. Stalin held it twice, as did George Bush and Vladimir Putin.

And I’m pretty sure Trump had it last year. 

So quit bitching. 

Its a shame because for anyone that didn't know "person of the year" does sound like an award for the best person of the year, also by judging trumps reactions and lies about being asked to be the poty shows that even the president doesnt nderstand what it means lol

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.