Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kuba

Witness Discussion Thread

Since Witness has been out for around half a year now, it would be nice to document our thoughts on it before the end of 2017! jj2

How did the album age for you? What are your favourite/least favourite songs, and did they change much since its release? Do you've any cool observations or interpretations of the songs? Do you consider it a success for her? Does the album have more in store for the future? (You don't have to answer any of these, they're just pointers!) 

Like all Katy albums, it has aged wendy3 

Witness, Bon Appetit, CTTR. Swish Swish, Into Me You See, Miss You More, H3Y and sometimes Tsunami are only ones I listen to at times. The rest of it is meh. 

So far, I still like...

Miss You More, Witness, CTTR, Pendulum, Power, and Into Me You See and Save as Draft are OKAY.

The others I really can't stand cry4 

All in all, I'd say the album was a success and a failure. What I mean by this is:

Success - Still sold decently, gives her a lot of creative room for her next album, considering how different this one was.

Failure - Kind of lost the GP's support with it, but I don't think to the point where she can't win them back. If she serves some pop anthems on the next album, she could re-build her relationship with the GP.

I enjoy the era very good, first I love the blonde hair not to much the shortest but always want to see katy like this.

The album for me is way better than prism, CTTR was very good and love sooo much Bon Appetit (reminds me Peacock) and Swish Swish.

For the non singles yet i love Tsunami, Mind Maze, Roulette and Dejavu. Hey hey hey it is not so much favorite but maybe hearing the song more times, it is kinda catchy.

12 hours ago, California boy said:

Witness sounds still fresh to me and has many bops but I should listen to it more often sass1

honestly same

i still bop to most of the songs lol. She was my top artist on spotify for 2017

18 hours ago, Aleco said:

I enjoy the era very good, first I love the blonde hair not to much the shortest but always want to see katy like this.

The album for me is way better than prism, CTTR was very good and love sooo much Bon Appetit (reminds me Peacock) and Swish Swish.

For the non singles yet i love Tsunami, Mind Maze, Roulette and Dejavu. Hey hey hey it is not so much favorite but maybe hearing the song more times, it is kinda catchy.

orly1brit4rih1=All my emotions reading that part of your post

I personally love it much more now than I did upon release! I wasn't mad about Swish Swish, Hey Hey Hey & Save As Draft, but they ended up being my favourite songs off it! demi1

I think I'll always stick by this: This is a creative success for her, and had she been any other artist, she'd be praised for filth. Katy fucking Perry put out a political bop with an extremely clever video, made numerous female empowerment songs, questioned existence others. She's made classic Katy dance bops, beautiful power ballads and topped her artistry with Witness. It's great progress for her art, and I hope that she leaves all the negative nancies in 2017 and keeps pushing her own vision.

As for the album itself, I don't think they'll be pushing it any longer. Hey Hey Hey probably won't be happening anymore, and at most they'll just drop the video. Roulette could be a nice spring single, but honestly, if they haven't released it now, they probably won't release it ever! rip4

Tbh I still fucking love Witness. I was so disappointed with it at first but after coming back to it I'm obsessed.

I love the whole album but my faves are Miss You More, Tsunami, Deja Vu, Roulette and Witness. Such a solid album imo

I really wish I loved it, I really do it. I've loved all of her albums endlessly, but this one has aged terribly for me. I listened to it nonstop for the first two weeks, but I don't think I've really listened it all the way through since then.

It's not that I think it's a bad album, I actually think it tries to do a lot of interesting things, which is my problem with it. It lacks the focus an album like this needed. Many of the individual songs are actually good, but it's a confusing listen as a whole.

HOWEVER, I firmly stand by CTTR being one of her very best singles. I was so excited for a full album with that concept and sound, but she didn't really follow through on that promise. I loved the videos, and the tour looks amazing, but I don't feel the same feeling towards this album like I do her others.

She's still my fave and I still love her and I can't wait to see what she does next, but unfortunately this album just wasn't it for me.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.