Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Slasher

Bïeryoncé - New Beer Named After Beyoncé

Bieryonce_Schultz1.jpg

I’ve been drinkin’, German pilsner.

Alerting the beyhive, there’s a beer being released today called “Bïeryoncé.” Bïeryoncé, which made its first debut in October 2016 and is back for round two, is a German style pilsner from Lineup brewery, a female owned and operated brewery in Brooklyn, NY.

The can art is “flawless” (it references Beyoncé’s 2013 album art), with a simple matte black background and tall pink letters. Don't worry, it drinks just as fiercely. The beer is amber in color, like Bey’s dress in “Hold Up”, and has a warming malt finish, like a drizzle of honey in your cup of green tea. I follow Lineup on Instagram, so I saw the video of the cans, and knew I needed it. I drank it on draft at Malt and Mold on Sunday, and then bought two cans for my general health and wellbeing. This beer is perfect for those chilly-but-sunny Sundays when every song that plays from your phone is your favorite song.

Katarina Martinez, the head brewer and co-owner at Lineup, decided to dedicate this beer to Queen Bey because she initially brewed it for an Oktoberfest party that coincided with a Beyoncé concert. Martinez was working the party and couldn't attend the concert, so she paid homage in this way instead. “I was terribly sad about it, so I decided to name it in her honor. I’m also a Hispanic, woman-owned and operated business, so I really look up to her and the strength and empowerment she promotes with women.”

Martinez started Lineup Brewing after a career change led her away from her job in product engineering to brewing, something she’d always been passionate about. She learned how to brew while she volunteered at breweries in Colorado before moving to New York. Lineup is known to name their beers after female figures in pop culture (like their Tami 1 IPA from Parks and Rec), as well as ex-boyfriends (like Grumpy Mort). Katarina hopes to name one after Ruth Bader Ginsburg in the near future, which I 10/10 would drink.

You can find Bïeryoncé at Malt and Mold , The Ginger Man , Beer Karma , and Pine Box Rock Shop.

I love this beer like XO.

x

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.