Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Mariah's 19 #1s

Mariah goes top #5 in UK - Madonna hasn't had a #5 there in 8 years

Mariah's All I Want for Christmas is You just reached #5 in the UK a week ahead of her Christmas tour there, so it will likely reach #1 (it was also the most streamed in the UK last week) in the coming weeks. 

Side note: She also reached top #20 in the US, a region where Madonna hasn't seen a top #20 in 5 years

giphy.gif

Madonna and her hands on the other hand (the mutated one that Madonna possesses) hasn't had a top 5 in the UK for 8 years.

3A5901FE00000578-0-image-a-61_1479084364

Just now, Monster said:

I'd love to see you try and make this argument when we're not in the holiday season jay1 

Mariah stans comes out every December for 2 weeks jay1 Like the snakes in the summer for example jay1

But we don't have any repellent powder to throw at them, as we do with snakes, sadly jay1

Just now, Devil Pray said:

Mariah stans comes out every December for 2 weeks jay1 Like the snakes in the summer for example jay1

But we don't have any repellent powder to throw at them, as we do with snakes, sadly jay1

It's just annoying to see them try and act like Mariah is so much more relevant than Madonna in today's music business. jay1 Like, comparing a seasonal song that charts every year to an actual era makes no sense. jay1 I'll listen when they start comparing the two equally by looking at their actual eras instead of using a holiday song as receipts. jay1 

29 minutes ago, Infrared said:

We love an ORGANIC hit that keeps getting bigger with each year ny3 

self-written, self-sung, self-produced also so you know she's collecting those coinTs

kTJiO5u.gif

2 minutes ago, HninSi said:

The fact that it is the most popular modern Christmas song, even surpassing the classics giveup1

Only Mariah!

As long as Christmas exists which is obviously forever, she's gonna be remembered every year for generations and generations to come, other girlies can only WISH for such longevity 

kTJiO5u.gif

26 minutes ago, Monster said:

I'd love to see you try and make this argument when we're not in the holiday season jay1 

I stan Mariah, but some of the other Lambs are a bit too much jay1 Like its a holiday single, duh its gonna get a huge boost during Christmas time jay1 I mean neither act can chart well anywhere in a regular era nowadays so why is there still so much buzz to see who is more relevant now? Truly the most tired artist vs artist argument jay1

16 minutes ago, *Starlight* said:

I stan Mariah, but some of the other Lambs are a bit too much jay1 Like its a holiday single, duh its gonna get a huge boost during Christmas time jay1 I mean neither act can chart well anywhere in a regular era nowadays so why is there still so much buzz to see who is more relevant now? Truly the most tired artist vs artist argument jay1

This is the tea jay1 

1 hour ago, Monster said:

It's just annoying to see them try and act like Mariah is so much more relevant than Madonna in today's music business. jay1 Like, comparing a seasonal song that charts every year to an actual era makes no sense. jay1 I'll listen when they start comparing the two equally by looking at their actual eras instead of using a holiday song as receipts. jay1 

they're both irrelevant but just because one resurges during christmas doesn't take anything away from her

it's not mariahs fault people love her iconic song 

31 minutes ago, Sean said:

they're both irrelevant but just because one resurges during christmas doesn't take anything away from her

it's not mariahs fault people love her iconic song 

I'm not trying to take away the fact that she's able to find success every holiday season, but some of her stans seem to believe that automatically makes her more relevant than Madonna despite the fact it is a Xmas song, so of course it will resurge every year. 

7 hours ago, Monster said:

I'm not trying to take away the fact that she's able to find success every holiday season, but some of her stans seem to believe that automatically makes her more relevant than Madonna despite the fact it is a Xmas song, so of course it will resurge every year. 

Not every Christmas song manages to chart this high. Hundred others are struggling.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.