Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

SeekingThrill

Madonna called Cherish corny

14 hours ago, Rebel Bitch said:

Smart Queen whit1

14 hours ago, Taylor said:

She didn’t lie! jay1 

14 hours ago, VoiceOfTheQueen said:

well, it is

13 hours ago, Systemagic said:

It's the "dumb" song on LAP but a cute classic nonetheless. jj2

Why would anyone ask her that though? jj4

It isn't dumb. jj3 It is a simple love song, a cliche. A classic too. lj1

The thing is she called it corny, yet she made so many corny songs on her latest albums. Holy Water, Living For Love, Superstar, Candy Shop...  jj3 

5 hours ago, Nocturn said:

It isn't dumb. jj3 It is a simple love song, a cliche. A classic too. lj1

The thing is she called it corny, yet she made so many corny songs on her latest albums. Holy Water, Living For Love, Superstar, Candy Shop...  jj3 

Candy Shop is a bop jj3 Superstar, Birthday Song and Borrowed Time can just die tho jj3

Cherish is indeed very corny and it sticks out on LAP like a sore thumb.

Is it a bad song? No but the only instance where I could see her perform it, would be if it was completely twisted and changed to an almost unrecognizeable degree or as an acostic rendition. Other than that, it really has no business being part of any of her setlists. It’s too lighthearted and too cheesy and probably doesn’t fit her current state of mind. It was surprising enough to hear her perform True Blue but that is in fact less corny considering that it also has a rather retrospective quality in its lyrics that make it a bit ironic.

It seems like she called the question corny by her wording not the song. But the song is so corny however I've grown to stan it dead2

This store I worked in earlier this year played it all the time dead2 They would also play her other 80s classics too

On 20.12.2017 at 4:41 AM, Aidan. said:

It seems like she called the question corny by her wording not the song. But the song is so corny however I've grown to stan it dead2

This store I worked in earlier this year played it all the time dead2 They would also play her other 80s classics too

This is not the first time she's mocking it.

She called it "retarded" and when talking about her MDNA tour, she said that the first section would be called "Transgression" and that songs like "Cherish wouldn't fit in there" whilst making a sort of disgusted face at the very thought of even including that song.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.