Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Slasher

Madonna's Successor as the next Queen of Pop?

Queen of Pop  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the next Queen of Pop?

• Beyonce
    • Britney Spears
    • Christina Aguilera
    • Katy Perry
    • Lady Gaga
    • Rihanna
    • Taylor Swift
    • Ariana Grande
    • Kesha
    • Lana Del Rey

Just now, Salvatore said:

Shows[edit]

List of concerts, showing date, city, country, and venue
Date City Country Venue
Asia
March 7, 1996 Tokyo Japan Tokyo Dome
March 10, 1996
March 14, 1996
Europe
June 14, 1996 Frankfurt Germany Festhalle
June 17, 1996 Rotterdam Netherlands Ahoy Rotterdam
June 20, 1996 Paris France Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy
June 23, 1996 London United Kingdom Wembley Arena

a 7 date tour? jj4 That's not what's considered a proper world tour by any means.

At least she even bothered. And none were in the US too

3 minutes ago, *Starlight* said:

Okay? She still did it.

Yeah but she was very much aware of the fact she wasn't BIG in Europe so her team booked small arenas. Sis...just deal with it please for the love of god. MARIAH IS NOT AND WAS NEVER BIG OUTSIDE OF THE US AND JAPAN. jj4 The receipts are all there and me and @Simón. literally speak from first-hand experience. The music she made was not suited for the European market.

1 hour ago, Salvatore said:

And I can explain to you why that is:

This article from 2011 when she was at the peak of her relevance, shortly before she had her massive decline.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/introducing-the-queen-of-pop-20110629

They tried to figure out who the New Queen of Pop would be and they came to the conclusion that it was Gaga...of course...6 years and two and a half flop eras later that no longer applies. Gaga is a hasbeen now. A flavor of the minute and has long been exposed as a disease-faking fraud. If anything she's this generation's Cindy Lauper. Funny though how eager her fans were to give her that title yet claim Madonna fans were defensive about it. eve1 

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU USING A GIF FROM JACK????? jj4jj4jj4jj4 

Madonna was flopping for most of the 90s and she hasn't had a big album since 2005, yet she still holds the Queen of Pop title according to fossilswendy4 

I could address the "disease-faking fraud" comment with the counterpoint that Madonna exposed HERSELF as a disgusting pedophile in the SEX book; but I won't do that because I'm classy.

giphy.gif

37 minutes ago, Bionic Monster said:

Madonna was flopping for most of the 90s and she hasn't had a big album since 2005, yet she still holds the Queen of Pop title according to fossilswendy4 

I could address the "disease-faking fraud" comment with the counterpoint that Madonna exposed HERSELF as a disgusting pedophile in the SEX book; but I won't do that because I'm classy.

giphy.gif

80 + million albums sold 

4 #1’s and bunch of top 10 singles / global hits. (Including the biggest song of 1990, one of the biggest songs of 1994/1996/1998)

4 hit movies 

2 massive stadium tours 

a “flop” era that is retrospectively doomed as one of the boldest and most important  statements / moments in Pop culture. 

Critically acclaimed albums. 

Started her own label (which discovered artists like alanis morissette)

Etc etc 

how lovely that Madonna’s flopping phase looks more impressive on paper than Gaga’s career lol

1 hour ago, Salvatore said:

Yeah but she was very much aware of the fact she wasn't BIG in Europe so her team booked small arenas. Sis...just deal with it please for the love of god. MARIAH IS NOT AND WAS NEVER BIG OUTSIDE OF THE US AND JAPAN. jj4 The receipts are all there and me and @Simón. literally speak from first-hand experience. The music she made was not suited for the European market.

@Simón.

Oh really?. Music Box. Daydream, Merry Christmas, #1 were all big sellers WW. I love how the trolls are obsessed with Mariah. She has the receipts proving that she has had multi platinum sales in ALL the major markets. And all of your faves except 2, have sold less than Mariah WW overall. So. 

b4b05ea304ebdfc8ea9b956e980c876c--linda-

1 hour ago, Simón. said:

these are all small arenas 

Funny that you want to talk about tours, when you call Bey local, yet she has big global touring power.

Daydream 3.500.000 sold in Europe. Oh yes non existent indeed. I guess poor taylor and most of your faves never happened then. Music Box 8M in Europe. oops. 1# 3.600.000 in Europe. What is going on here?. And of course, i shouldn't have to remind your elitist ass, that Europe is not the whole world. So.

b4b05ea304ebdfc8ea9b956e980c876c--linda- 

While I agree with the sentiment that Madonna will forever hold that title, I think Rihanna. The longevity, popularity and sales are far above any other pop girl. Maybe besides Taylor but Taylor is not as interesting lbr 

And awk at the fact that gaga is getting votes after this abysmal era mad5 

3 hours ago, Jjang said:

80 + million albums sold 

4 #1’s and bunch of top 10 singles / global hits. (Including the biggest song of 1990, one of the biggest songs of 1994/1996/1998)

4 hit movies 

2 massive stadium tours 

a “flop” era that is retrospectively doomed as one of the boldest and most important  statements / moments in Pop culture. 

Critically acclaimed albums. 

Started her own label (which discovered artists like alanis morissette)

Etc etc 

how lovely that Madonna’s flopping phase looks more impressive on paper than Gaga’s career lol

all that and she was still a big fat fucking flop that no one liked

giphy.gif

This title has been thrown around so much over this past decade, stans of newer girls are really something else. 

First and foremost, I don't understand why y'all dismissing people because they're not currently succesful anymore? Why don't we look at their whole careers and what they have achieved? For as long as I know, Madonna is pretty much irrelevant commercial wise nowadays too.

There's no such thing as the successor in line when we talk about the music industry. There's no "new Queen of Pop". More like, the new IT girl. 

That title was given to Madonna because of the unmatched success, impact and contribution to pop culture, as far as females go of course. There was no queen before her and there will be no queen after her.

Then Britney Spears was universally regarded as the Princess of Pop because she was the first since Madonna to generate such amount of success, impact the industry in such a monumental way and create that much discussion and controversy. And there hasn't been anyone like that ever since.

Beyonce is regarded as a Queen on her own lane. They call her Queen B, not Queen of Pop. Why? Because she's everything everyone that debuted after her aspires to be. 

You have vocal legends like Mariah, Whitney and Celine that are revered, but other than that, the rest of the faves are literally peasants at the court, and no amount of delusion from the generation Z will change that. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.