Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Slasher

Madonna's Successor as the next Queen of Pop?

Queen of Pop  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the next Queen of Pop?

• Beyonce
    • Britney Spears
    • Christina Aguilera
    • Katy Perry
    • Lady Gaga
    • Rihanna
    • Taylor Swift
    • Ariana Grande
    • Kesha
    • Lana Del Rey

It's a clear and given fact that Madonna is the first and original Queen of Pop; however, who do you think is next to take her throne?

EDIT: Also, please explain your answer because I'm curious to know why you think who you think is next. jj2 

After arguing about Madonna vs. Beyonce as who the current Queen of Pop is, I realized that Beyonce is probably the most fitting for the title next. She has this polarizing force that none of the other girls really have. I mean no one has the attention of the whole GP as much as Beyonce does, and while her charting positions aren't amazing as of late, she still has awards, acclaim, sales, etc. to back her career up.

No one. 

Currently, there is no one who has a comparable impact and has brought enough innovation to the table paired with somewhat consistent success and cross-over appeal.

The only one remotely close would be Rihanna.

2 minutes ago, *Starlight* said:

No one is next in line. She will ALWAYS be the Queen of Pop

She will always be hailed as the original Queen of Pop, but just like any royal lineage, there is going to be a successor. xtina14

5 minutes ago, Monster said:

After arguing about Madonna vs. Beyonce as who the current Queen of Pop is, I realized that Beyonce is probably the most fitting for the title next. She has this polarizing force that none of the other girls really have. I mean no one has the attention of the whole GP as much as Beyonce does, and while her charting positions aren't amazing as of late, she still has awards, acclaim, sales, etc. to back her career up.

Not Beyonce. She is not a WW force. Doesn't deliver hits.

Just now, Monster said:

She will always be hailed as the original Queen of Pop, but just like any royal lineage, there is going to be a successor. xtina14

If thats the case there would be a successor to Michael Jackson's "King of Pop" title and we all know not a single male artist this decade can hold a candle to Michael's career. I mean if we break it down, only Beyonce would truly be even suggested as a successor. She has it all to extent. 

Rihanna is the only possibility. She's been churning out hits since the start of her career, and has been finding success in almost every other avenue. She's also generally favorable to literally everyone, has a tolerable amount of controversy and has THAT attitude! She only really lacks in the albums department, but after Anti I believe that she'll be much more involved in the process of making her music, which will result in better executed works! cry6

None of the others come close tbh 

In order for someone to appear and do what she has done, music needs to become really boring and one-dimensional again.

What Madonna did was something that is nowadays classified as “postmodernism” and in her case “deconstructuralism”. It’s a movement in art and politics that is meant to provoke and challenge the status quo and the establishment. Gaga took exactly that and incorporated that into her persona but totally lost that essence with Joanne because she had done TOO MUCH of that duringher first three eras. It’s a tool that is to be handled with caution.

2 minutes ago, *Starlight* said:

Are you being serious? lmfao2 Y'all haters are still stretching with this 

She isn’t, sis. He isn’t lying...

It’s the same for Mariah. They were never global players but they were MASSIVE in their home countries. Madonna on the other hand was big in the states but even bigger outside of the states. She managed to have hit after hit in the UK for almost three decades and in other European countries too.

Just now, Salvatore said:

In order for someone to appear and do what she has done, music needs to become really boring and one-dimensional again.

What Madonna did was something that is nowadays classified as “postmodernism” and in her case “deconstructuralism”. It’s a movement in art and politics that is meant to provoke and challenge the status quo and the establishment. Gaga took exactly that and incorporated that into her persona but totally lost that essence with Joanne because she had done TOO MUCH of that duringher first three eras. It’s a tool that is to be handled with caution.

I love gaga but you're right. Madonna managed to conduct that whatever into commercial success and keep it for over three decades. I give her props for that.

She isn’t, sis. He isn’t lying...

It’s the same for Mariah. They were never global players but they were MASSIVE in their home countries. Madonna on the other hand was big in the states but even bigger outside of the states. She managed to have hit after hit in the UK for almost three decades and in other European countries too.

Here we go again

Just now, *Starlight* said:

I love gaga but you're right. Madonna managed to conduct that whatever into commercial success and keep it for over three decades. I give her props for that.

It’s really the essence to her longevity. Sort of what kept people interested in her.

1 minute ago, *Starlight* said:

Here we go again

Look up her single stats and sales. Aside from that, she was never able to go on a proper world tour as far as I know because she was sort of local.

I do agree that Beyoncé is held with a high esteem, but outside the states I don't think most people excluding stans would be able to name 3 of her albums, let alone 3 of her songs. Her absence from the industry lately has made her seem like that "00's singer" tbh. 

Look up her single stats and sales. Aside from that, she was never able to go on a proper world tour as far as I know because she was sort of local.

Once again im looking at her sales and i see Music Box at 32 million ww. Only roughly 7-8 million of that is in the US. its sold huge number in Japan. Without You and Hero went top 10 across European charts. Really im trying to see how that is local dead2

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.