Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WinnieIsFree

Why do American artists have easier time reaching global success?

4 minutes ago, Americunt said:

Again with the backseat moderating. You worry about your own warnings and no one else's. That's how this works.

I didn't ever say that stupid/dumb/idiot wasn't insulting, because it absolutely is. We just don't send warnings for it.

Mod Notice
Do not discuss warnings outside the Warnings Discussion thread.

1 minute ago, light741 said:

Because you gave sources right?. That woman has talked bad about other countries so.

That's not a fuckign source. Like give me a link where she talked bad about other countries, otherwise it just proves my point that you are a brainless person kylie2

Just now, Simón. said:

That's not a fuckign source. Like give me a link where she talked bad about other countries, otherwise it just proves my point that you are a brainless person kylie2

Oh look, a typical troll doing its thing. How cute.

Just now, Simón. said:

Sis, you are being the troll here as long as you don't give me a source for your claim that merkel is a nazi 

No sis. You have been trollig here since day 1. You have done nothing but bashing. And you went all sensitive the moment i talked about angela. Please.

2 minutes ago, light741 said:

No sis. You have been trollig here since day 1. You have done nothing but bashing. And you went all sensitive the moment i talked about angela. Please.

since day 1? bitch i don't even know you

Just now, ShutUpRae said:

Because we give a fuck about what acclaimedmusic.net has to say? ayumi1

If they actually count reviews for all albums. Then how could Rihanna be at 464 when many artists have better overall scores than her?.

1 minute ago, light741 said:

If they actually count reviews for all albums. Then how could Rihanna be at 464 when many artists have better overall scores than her?.

Because that website attempted to combine random reviews from off other website/articles and create it's own chart based on random rankings. 

Just now, ShutUpRae said:

Because that website attempted to combine random reviews from off other website/articles and create it's own chart based on random rankings. 

That explains it then. Both Whitney and Mariah have albums with better reviews than any rihanna album.

10 hours ago, ShutUpRae said:

Because it counts every review and does not weigh in on just MC scores. It also relies heavily on year end, decade end, all time etc lists which Mariah rarely is on.

Yes, an album like Butterfly (76) maybe has a higher score than Anti (71), but it might have gotten significantly less reviews. 

For example 

Butterfly :

Entertainment Weekly B-

Rolling Stone 60/100

Robert christgau - 20/100

Anti :

Entertainment Weekly A-

Rolling Stone 80/100

Robert Christgau 90/100

The truth is that Mariah is just significatly less reviewed than her peers, who knows, maybe it's because her music is just...less interesting.brit11

6 hours ago, Jjang said:

You've wrote a series of weighty arguments and you can't just flip flop back to trolling mode because you can no longer sustain an honest conversation that might lead to the exact opposite of what you were hoping to achieve through the discussion, please.

Okay then, if you're so stubborn then we will venture into Mariah's solo tours' stats (2016) :

4,007 / 9,500

3,506 / 3,835

4,509 / 12,000

6,071 / 11,000 

Significantly worse. 

No she's not, all of the artists I've mentioned are either just as or more global and most of them outsold her globally. Receipts are not on your side.

But it takes a global force and a globally beloved catalog (on a wide scale) in order for those projects to become such massive success, Mariah can't even draw 3k people in her own concerts, let alone tribute ones. And in case you didn't know, 60 million > 3k bey5

Nope, the population of the countries I've mentioned exceeds half a billion and they're all non European or only partial parts of them belongs to that continent.

And all Mariah stans have is a Christmas carol. 50 + million copies of a 40+ songs catalog >>>> 15 million copies of a Christmas carol that belongs to the same Spotify playlist as Michael Buble's Holiday collection, the notoriously forgotten Wham! and Ariana Grande's Santa Tell Me.

Ok sis, stay pressted that you got baited and trolled for 4 pages. No matter how smart anyone thinks they are, they always get trolled regardless. I knew I won as soon as you brang up me being predicatable, that had nothing to do with the topic, while I stayed on topic the entire conversation. You were mad, and you still are. A kii

Go off and knit pick the shows with the lowest attendance. 

Mariah is more global receipts and sales prove this, while iTunes chart positions of #200 and #96 do not prove some band is global. Let me pull some receipts of Mariah at #54 in some African countries, then that’ll really be a clock!

The highest chart positions are in European countries like I said, and the ones that aren’t #134 isn’t something to brag about. 

50 million sales of 40 songs or 15 million sales of one? Which is better. Not to mention the extreme inflation to reach 50 million, you Madge stans love to overinflate sales. A Madonna has sold over 400 million records kii

Oh know it’s grouped with some flops on a Spotify playlist a drag, I’m shaking. You could do much better hun

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.