Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dan

The Adventures of Kesha & Macklemore Tour

1 hour ago, TomTom2288 said:

Yeah, he was goofy and full of crazy antics and gimmicks. By the sound and looks of the crowd, it was obvious everyone was there for Kesha, the better music portion. I still enjoyed the stupid antics of Macklemore. They made me giggle dead2 

I would love a live album of this tour because the vocals are so good and I love the version fo the songs she is doing cry9 

@Dan @Umbreon Damn, they dragged Macklemore again rip4

Kesha seizes the spotlight with energetic set at Darien Lake

As a mid-summer streak of gorgeous weather continued to bless the region, "The Adventures of Kesha and Macklemore" tour hit up Darien Lake on Sunday for a weekend encore performance.

Each set had crowd-pleasing highlights, but the party didn’t start ‘til Kesha walked in.

As Macklemore’s set ended and Kesha landed from her spaceship, it felt like she grabbed the crowd by the wrist, a devilish smirk on her face, and swept us away to a place downtown where they go hardcore and there’s glitter on the floor. Macklemore stood in the background, shaking his head with his hands on his hips, like a disappointed dad.

Kesha opened with a liberating, vengeful “Woman,” an indignant protest of the patriarchy and presumably her former producer, Dr. Luke, whom she sued over sexual harassment and threatening control over her music career.

“Boogie Feet” and “We R Who We R” both featured gritty rock ’n’ roll undertones not as prevalent in studio versions by virtue of a live bassist and guitarist.

Kesha could have easily been confused for fellow Nashville-bred blonde bombshell Carrie Underwood in passionate, heartfelt acoustic style change-ups of songs like Dolly Parton’s “Jolene.”

Whether a well-timed dual-finale or coincidence, fireworks closed out the park’s operations and Kesha’s set as she belted out a soulful “Praying.” Time was up as “TiK ToK” served as a party-hard encore closeout.

Eric Nally stole the show during Macklemore’s set-opening “Ain’t Gonna Die Tonight” and “Downtown.”

The Foxy Shazam frontman’s golden pipes consistently hit goosebumps-inducing high notes in each of his two appearances and left me wanting more of him while wishing the other guy would Mackle less.

Macklemore’s antics-filled set skirted the line between music and entertainment. He could have managed well more than just 10 songs in his hour-long set had he not spent so much time telling a way-too-long story about a time he Ubered to a show in a 1996 Nissan Altima, preaching political banter, throwing hot dogs into the crowd, hosting on-stage fan dance-offs, and blow-up mattress lounging.

Kesha is on a hellbent, rebounding rise to pop-stardom. Macklemore’s latest release can probably be copped at your local thrift store for 99 cents.

https://buffalonews.com/2018/07/23/kesha-seizes-the-spotlight-with-energetic-set-at-darien-lake/

57 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

Omg, the Kesha praise is crazy cry7 

But they should be nicer to Macklemore, I feel like he gets so much unwarranted hate, he seems like such a nice person fall2 

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Omg, the Kesha praise is crazy cry7 

I know cry1

1 minute ago, Dan said:

But they should be nicer to Macklemore, I feel like he gets so much unwarranted hate, he seems like such a nice person fall2 

The last sentence is RUTHLESS

1 minute ago, TomTom2288 said:

I know cry1

The last sentence is RUTHLESS

I know, they don’t give a fuckkkk fall1 They don’t even explain why it was bad fall1 

It says there is a heavy thunderstorm and possible flash floods tomorrow night...

No, no, no cry4  I really hope this doesn't get cancelled... AH fall1 

37 minutes ago, Dan said:

It says there is a heavy thunderstorm and possible flash floods tomorrow night...

No, no, no cry4  I really hope this doesn't get cancelled... AH fall1 

Oh No giveup1

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.