Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Infrared

Great Gatsby gets release date for 2012

If all you want for Christmas is Leonardo DiCaprio, 2012 will make you extremely happy. Warner Bros. has dated Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby, starring DiCaprio, for a December 25th, 2012 release (per Deadline). Christmas Day 2012 also happens to be the release date of Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained, also starring DiCaprio. This isn’t the first time there’s been a DiCaprio vs. DiCaprio showdown for the holidays. Back in 2002, the DiCaprio-led Gangs of New York opened on December 20th, with Catch Me if You Can opening five days later on December 25th. All this to say, there’s no such thing as too much Leo.

Currently Gatsby and Django are the only two films slated for the Christmas Day release. Opening the previous Friday (December 21st) is the Untitled Judd Apatow Comedy (aka Knocked Up Spin-Off), the Brad Pitt-starred zombie pic World War Z, Ang Lee’s Life of Pi, and Antoine Fuqua’s submarine thriller Hunter Killer. Peter Jackson’s first half of The Hobbitalso opens on December 14th.

source

Oh.

I'm.

Thoroughly disappointed.

That's so far away cry1 I was so excited at the title as I thought it would be coming in early 2012. Can't wait to see Leo Disexio in this cry4.gif' alt='cry3'>

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.