Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Hunty Bear

Lust for Life is #32 on Pitchfork's AOTY list!

Lana Del Rey’s music has always been an exploration of her own fandom: intimate thoughts on life and love commingling with instantly identifiable language from her record collection. This aspect of her persona explodes on her sweeping fourth album, Lust for Life, which is peppered with classic rock quotes and musings from the crowd at Coachella. Musically, she dabbles in everything from trip-hop chill to future psych-rock lushness to robotic doo-w0p balladry. For the first time on any of her albums, she even lends verses to other artists, from A$AP Rocky to Stevie Nicks; you can practically see her swaying to the beat, listening in reverence as her friends and heroes step to the mic.

Still, Lust for Life revolves around one person. In “Heroin,” the most traditional-sounding Lana Del Rey song here, she delights in subverting the sad-girl mythos that she has, by now, completely outgrown. “Writing in blood on my walls and shit,” she sings with a sigh over a characteristically dramatic crescendo, “I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t sick of it.” Over the course of Lust for Life, she adjusts to a swiftly changing world, where one can sense, at any given moment, hope or despair or ennui. Whatever comes next, you can bet she’s got the perfect song cued up. –Sam Sodomsky

https://pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/the-50-best-albums-of-2017/?page=2

another "achievement" !!!

tenor.gif

still bitter about them snubbing her of a BNA but what the fuck ever!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.