Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

Havana still has a shot at #1, here’s why

I’m not a fan of Camilla (but I do think Havana is hella catchy), but I’ve seen posters around here talking about how the song missed its shot at #1.

She still actually has a good chance to give it another try. We’ve now entered the holiday freeze cycle, so for the next month or so, the top of the charts will remain frozen. The 3-4 songs at the top of the charts now will fluctuate within the next few weeks as people receive iTunes gift cards and are likely to purchase older songs they are familiar with over newer songs.

I’ll give some examples. Last year “Starboy” was released in September, and spent months stalled in the top 3, going back and forth from #2 and #3, then during Xmas the song was able to surge to #1 thanks to digital sales and people being very familiar with it (plus it was frozen near the top of the airplay charts). This is a prime example of how Xmas impacts older songs greatly.

“Havana” will be one of those prime songs. It’s been out for a long while and is actually a safe bet. In fact I predict it could move up past “Rockstar.” “Perfect,” the original version  will also be a hot seller as the Beyoncé version fades out of existence. But Camilla’s label might find a hot opportunity during Xmas week. If they give it a discount, it could sell 200-300k in digital sales which would send it to #1 for a week. 

Rockstar is still fucking huge, tho. And Perfect wont be effected by the freeze due to being focused and promoted as a Holiday Romance song to listen to cause it is indeed “Cuffing season” in the U.S. 

24 minutes ago, Kyoteki said:

Rockstar is still fucking huge, tho. And Perfect wont be effected by the freeze due to being focused and promoted as a Holiday Romance song to listen to cause it is indeed “Cuffing season” in the U.S. 

“Rockstar” will remain bigger on streaming, but on digital sales, Havana will surge ahead  because it’s a more “PG” rated song and will be gifted.

Let’s default back to last year’s chart where “Black Beatles,” a newer Urban-leaning song was dominating at this time thanks to streaming, and everyone thought “Starboy” missed its shot. But then during Xmas week, the older and safer song surged ahead in digital sales and got its week at #1 the following week on the charts.

Watch and learn sweetie. ny7 

Camilla’s label has to play their cards right, but it can very well still happen if they do. I certainly wouldn’t give up if I was them. 

21 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

“Rockstar” will remain bigger on streaming, but on digital sales, Havana will surge ahead  because it’s a more “PG” rated song and will be gifted.

Let’s default back to last year’s chart where “Black Beatles,” a newer Urban-leaning song was dominating at this time thanks to streaming, and everyone thought “Starboy” missed its shot. But then during Xmas week, the older and safer song surged ahead in digital sales and got its week at #1 the following week on the charts.

Watch and learn sweetie. ny7 

Camilla’s label has to play their cards right, but it can very well still happen if they do. I certainly wouldn’t give up if I was them. 

Neither Black Beatles or Starboy are friendly songs wym, sis? Starboy was a song bragging about success and even cocaine use. Black Beatles only fell down the charts because it was a meme that died. Neither Perfect or Rockstar are being used as memes. So they have a lot more staying power in comparison to Havana. 

Just now, Kyoteki said:

Neither Black Beatles or Starboy are friendly songs wym, sis? Starboy was a song bragging about success and even cocaine use. Black Beatles only fell down the charts because it was a meme that died. Neither Perfect or Rockstar are being used as memes. So they have a lot more staying power in comparison to Havana. 

“Rockstar” lacks the airplay that Havana does. So did “Black Beatles” compared to “Starboy.” With the radio charts being frozen, her strong airplay will factor in. Every point will count. Strong airplay and strong sales can give it the perfect timing for #1. Just don’t count it out sis. rih2 

As for your “meme” argument, again, “Black Beatles” returned to #1 after “Starboy” interrupted it during Xmas. Sis just look at the receipts before you talk. ny8 

1 minute ago, Agugaga said:

“Rockstar” lacks the airplay that Havana does. So did “Black Beatles” compared to “Starboy.” With the radio charts being frozen, her strong airplay will factor in. Every point will count. Strong airplay and strong sales can give it the perfect timing for #1. Just don’t count it out sis. rih2 

As for your “meme” argument, again, “Black Beatles” returned to #1 after “Starboy” interrupted it during Xmas. Sis just look at the receipts before you talk. ny8 

Black Beatles was a meme thoo sis! After Starboy, it basically started toslowly lose momentum   

If you look at “Perfect” its been getting bigger and bigger radio gains in comparison to “Havana.” Which are losing gains. So if anything Havana will get hurt the most from this. 

I wantedthe good sis to clock her #1 so bad, but unfortunately its not gonna happen. 💀

Just now, *Starlight* said:

I dont see how this makes you suddenly reliable but feel yourslef i guess wendy4

I just hate it when U try to educate a few girls and they come in with some ignorant mess. That is all. ny12 

4 minutes ago, *Starlight* said:

Ignorant mess...what are you refering to exactly? wendy4

Just comments like “the song missed its shot” or “it’s too old to go to #1” when the main takeaway from my argument was the holidays freeze out songs for at least a good month, and if a song happens to be in the top 3 during that period, it has a huge opportunity to surge to #1 regardless if it’s old. The label just has to find the right week to do it.

1 minute ago, Agugaga said:

Just comments like “the song missed its shot” or “it’s too old to go to #1” when the main takeaway from my argument was the holidays freeze out songs for at least a good month, and if a song happens to be in the top 3 during that period, it has a huge opportunity to surge to #1 regardless if it’s old. The label just has to find the right week to do it.

well i thought you were saying I said that dead2

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.