Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Galactic-Tiger

Better tour experience: Anti vs Formation

35 minutes ago, The One Below All said:

Sorry, but this performance alone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Formation tour. 

giphy.gif

I don't get it

Is this like the new it joke or viral meme on this forum to claim Rihanna is better than Beyoncé at.. anything?! 

Or are you guys serious? rip4

1 minute ago, YoungForever said:

I don't get it

Is this like the new it joke or viral meme on this forum to claim Rihanna is better than Beyoncé at.. anything?! 

Or are you guys serious? rip4

giphy.gif

Anti tour was a freaking show. It was well organized in segments, in a very  similar way to a madonna concert. And yes, the segment below shits on the formation tour, but it is not the only one.

tumblr_o6921raCTE1rql1mzo1_500.gif

Rihanna has way more huge bops than Bey. This is a fact. But what I really enjoyed about Anti was the ability of Rihanna to reinvent the songs in order to make them fit better with the performance. She served some nice remixes, 

Plus the costumes were better. Period. 

Moreover, she interacted a lot with fan and I think she demonstrated a huge improvement respect to the past.

With that in mind, I think Beyonce remains an overall more talented performer. She just need to follow more madonna footsteps when it comes to touring iMO. 

34 minutes ago, The One Below All said:

giphy.gif

Anti tour was a freaking show. It was well organized in segments, in a very  similar way to a madonna concert. And yes, the segment below shits on the formation tour, but it is not the only one.

tumblr_o6921raCTE1rql1mzo1_500.gif

Rihanna has way more huge bops than Bey. This is a fact. But what I really enjoyed about Anti was the ability of Rihanna to reinvent the songs in order to make them fit better with the performance. She served some nice remixes, 

Plus the costumes were better. Period. 

Moreover, she interacted a lot with fan and I think she demonstrated a huge improvement respect to the past.

With that in mind, I think Beyonce remains an overall more talented performer. She just need to follow more madonna footsteps when it comes to touring iMO. 

Um, Beyonce'ssetlist is full of big fat hits too. Crazy In Love, Survivor, Baby Boy, Irreplaceable, Single Ladies, Halo

She stopped every shpw to look at the audience and hear us and talk to us right before she played Love On Top accapella. She touched her fans during the second segment a lot.

Her production is simply bigger than Rihanna's. The monolit alone is more impressive than anything Riri had on stage. Plus the dancing in water during the final segment is really on another level.

Costumes is really subjective. I think Beyonce looks way sexier in her leotards than Rihanna in her saggy suit but that's just taste.

And as you stated, Beyoncé is 10x times more capable as a performer and entertainer than Rihanna is. 

There's not one argument you can make. If FWT would be a 10/10, Anti is like a 6 at best. 

Rihanna's shows are nothing to be braggacious about. Katy and Gaga put on way better shows than her too.  

24 minutes ago, YoungForever said:

Um, Beyonce'ssetlist is full of big fat hits too. Crazy In Love, Survivor, Baby Boy, Irreplaceable, Single Ladies, Halo

She stopped every shpw to look at the audience and hear us and talk to us right before she played Love On Top accapella. She touched her fans during the second segment a lot.

Her production is simply bigger than Rihanna's. The monolit alone is more impressive than anything Riri had on stage. Plus the dancing in water during the final segment is really on another level.

Costumes is really subjective. I think Beyonce looks way sexier in her leotards than Rihanna in her saggy suit but that's just taste.

And as you stated, Beyoncé is 10x times more capable as a performer and entertainer than Rihanna is. 

There's not one argument you can make. If FWT would be a 10/10, Anti is like a 6 at best. 

Rihanna's shows are nothing to be braggacious about. Katy and Gaga put on way better shows than her too.  

Again, what rihanna did was to reinvents her catalog of bigger hits in a more successufull way. Also, I don't wanna take nothin back from Beyonce catalog, but let's state the obvious:

Rihanna songs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Beyonce songs.

This may seems trivial to you, but it really does affect the overall entertainment experience. 

Moreover the FWT plot was boring as hell. On the other hand, the segments in which was spitted the Anti tour were more funny and creative.

Finally, two last points:

I agree that costumes are a bit subjective issue...but rihanna slayed more imo.

She does not have same dancing skills than Beyonce, but the different choreos she pulled were much more entertaining overall. Water performance? wow such an innovative concept. 

I’ve been to both and Formation was LIT. The production was on point the song transitions had me shook and it was just so much fun. Anti was Okay. All the songs were rushed through and the transitions were okay. It was organized for her pop hits, island hits and her trap hits. But she didnt finished many songs. Plus Bey did all out choreo her shows while rih had other people doig choreo for her while she just pops up on stage and do a lik whine and grind. 

14 hours ago, Kyoteki said:

This forum is truly delusional jj4jj4 

thinking Rihanna is a better performer than beyonce when the bitch couldnt hit a note to save her life 2 years ago jj4 

It's not even about hitting notes, lol. Beyonce just commands full attention on stage, you're going to watch a performer, you're going to watch a show when you go to see her. Rihanna is the type of artist that you just roll a joint or get drunk with your friends before seeing her and just spend half the concert semi conscious while mumbling to her hits, the objective is obvious when we're asking who's better ; it's just a matter of what experience you're looking for.

14 minutes ago, Jjang said:

It's not even about hitting notes, lol. Beyonce just commands full attention on stage, you're going to watch a performer, you're going to watch a show when you go to see her. Rihanna is the type of artist that you just roll a joint or get drunk with your friends before seeing her and just spend half the concert semi conscious while mumbling to her hits, the objective is obvious when we're asking who's better ; it's just a matter of what experience you're looking for.

Well I pay money for a performance and a hell of a show soo.. Beyonce still wins

10 hours ago, Kyoteki said:

Well I pay money for a performance and a hell of a show soo.. Beyonce still wins

Same, unless I'm going with an awesome group of friends that convinced me to tag along, legends or 'iconic' artists don't impress me when it comes to live shows, you're only worthy of my money if you put on a good show. sass4 God knows how many indie acts i've enjoyed more than washed out Pop tards.

3 hours ago, Jjang said:

Same, unless I'm going with an awesome group of friends that convinced me to tag along, legends or 'iconic' artists don't impress me when it comes to live shows, you're only worthy of my money if you put on a good show. sass4 God knows how many indie acts i've enjoyed more than washed out Pop tards.

Right. I went to a lot of random groups just to go, and I enjoyed then so much. The artrave remains my fave tho. Cause I saw God gaga13 

Honestly I do recognize Bey talent, but the Formation tour was no match for the Anti tour. aretha1

Bey performances are repetitive. The Anti tour was a serious entertaining business. Only reason why the FWT was more successful is coz people thought that Rihanna was a shitty performer. Well, the Anti tour just proved them wrong and I'm sure in the future more and more people will choose Rihanna over Beyonce. Fight me.

tenor.gif?itemid=4005229

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.