Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Madonna

Lady Gaga officially joins 00s reliques and hasbeens in Vegas!

8 hours ago, Bionic Monster said:

I'm not trying to defend this because it's stupid af and I'm really disappointed in her, but she's on a 100% sold out world tour right now.lmfao2 Her career is in way better shape than for ex. Britney or Mariah's were when they started their residencies, or at least it was until she pulled this dumb shit.

Well, when Britney signed the Vegas residency, she was coming from a good era (better than Joanne btw), Femme Fatale was great on charts, 3 singles top 10 on BB Hot 100 and she did pretty good with her tour too zuSPuML.gif

Vegas brought her fire back and her stage presence is even better. 

11 hours ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

After all the years us Knee stans been hearing our fave called a has-been corpse rotting in Vegas

9afa4d7a92c0aa527cebb16b31b796fc.gif

Now our bitch is getting out of vegas and ready to slay 

Spoiler

Hopefully 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Archie said:

Well, when Britney signed the Vegas residency, she was coming from a good era (better than Joanne btw), Femme Fatale was great on charts, 3 singles top 10 on BB Hot 100 and she did pretty good with her tour too zuSPuML.gif

Agree, however after that we got Britney Jean, Vegas is cursed (Buy Glory on iTunes)

5 minutes ago, Alyssa said:

Agree, however after that we got Britney Jean, Vegas is cursed (Buy Glory on iTunes)

I believe they (record label) knew she was focusing on Vegas so they didn't budge much money for these eras 

3 minutes ago, Archie said:

I believe they (record label) knew she was focusing on Vegas so they didn't budge much money for these eras 

yeah I think that's the issue, if the artist is focusing on Vegas they kinda leave aside the new material

4 hours ago, petedagrk said:

Gaga being called a hasbeen.....bitch please.

GTFO

are u always an asshole or just born this way????

making fun of fibromyalgia is fucking rude as hell!

Thank God I put u on ignore with ur rude ass mean vindictive comments.  Why r u not banned vile human being?

scream2

Because speaking the truth is not worth a warning and this is Battlegrounds. People are allowed to be vile towards celebs and let’s be real...Gaga most likely faked it anyway, soooo 

4 hours ago, Archie said:

Her "Piece of Me" show started on December 27, 2013 and "Britney Jean" was released on November 29, 2013. "Joanne" outsold "Britney Jean"'s WW pure sales in the US aloneconfused1

2 minutes ago, Bionic Monster said:

Her "Piece of Me" show started on December 27, 2013 and "Britney Jean" was released on November 29, 2013. "Joanne" outsold "Britney Jean"'s WW pure sales in the US aloneconfused1

Well, you better brace yourself cause Gags is going to pull the same numbers if not less! zuSPuML.gif

Just now, Salvatore said:

Well, you better brace yourself cause Gags is going to pull the same numbers if not less! zuSPuML.gif

Why would she? She's on the most successful tour of her career, her album sold very very well, and she's in the best place image-wise that she's been since 2011! What would make you come to that conclusion, Salvatore?

4 minutes ago, Bionic Monster said:

Britney with her 8th album and 15 years into her career not with her 4th album (2 flops under her belt)

26 minutes ago, Bionic Monster said:

When she signed the Vegas residency, Britney Jean wasn't released yet. They knew she was focusing only on her new show, no promo at all for the album.

2 hours ago, Archie said:

When she signed the Vegas residency, Britney Jean wasn't released yet. They knew she was focusing only on her new show, no promo at all for the album.

3 hours ago, Bionic Monster said:

I’m not understanding this argument that “labels don’t promote albums when they are in Vegas.” 

Residency shows get plenty of breaks that would allow time for the artist to pursue other projects. Britney certainly had plenty of intermissions during her Vegas run to promote both Britney Jean and Glory, just because it didnt happen you can’t blame that on Vegas. When your singles are DOA on Radio and you aren’t really a TV performer or a good interviewer, there aren’t really any other methods of promotion. Gaga won’t really have those issues since she’s always active in the media during her album cycles. 

This news is the closest evidence one can get that an artist career is over. Gaga has just joined the circle of seasonal Vegas fads. Her best hope now is to emulate britney's example and rely on her legacy. She is like MJ, she got a huge peak but her decline is inevitable now.

"Truth has power. And if we all gravitate toward similar ideas, maybe we do so because those ideas are true ... written deep within us. And when we hear the truth, even if we don't understand it, we feel that truth resonate within us ... vibrating with our unconscious wisdom. Perhaps the truth is not learned by us, but rather, the truth is re-called ... re-membered ... re-cognized ... as that which is already inside us." DAN BROWN

1 hour ago, Agugaga said:

I’m not understanding this argument that “labels don’t promote albums when they are in Vegas.” 

Residency shows get plenty of breaks that would allow time for the artist to pursue other projects. Britney certainly had plenty of intermissions during her Vegas run to promote both Britney Jean and Glory, just because it didnt happen you can’t blame that on Vegas. When your singles are DOA on Radio and you aren’t really a TV performer or a good interviewer, there aren’t really any other methods of promotion. Gaga won’t really have those issues since she’s always active in the media during her album cycles. 

Residency contracts are very restrictive when it comes to performing outside of Vegas. This has been well documented. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.