Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Chantoya Jo Jackson

I can't believe I like more than one Ke$ha song...

Guest supern☯va

Lovely. oprah2

I sometimes tend to think of Animal as a bit of a concept album. K$ has stated in the past that her main goal with the record was to really just sonically capture the essence and energy of youthful irreverence and rowdiness... something like a 21st century trash-brat electro answer to the Beastie Boys's Licensed To Ill, which was one of her favourite albums growing up.

But she also grew up listening to artists like Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, Blondie, Led Zep, and the Pixies, so I think it's safe to assume that Ke$ha's a girl who'll make a conscious effort to expand her sound and reinvent her image as time goes by. I hope one day she'll put out an album that you'll be able to REALLY get on board with.

In the meantime, though, I think you should familiarize yourself with more of her music. I'm friends with a plethora of self-proclaimed music snobs, and even they (okay, okay... some of them! :P) have really grown to enjoy and appreciate Ke$ha's music and sense of humour after learning that there's more to her than meets the eye. She's just a really positive person who's trying to make the world a happier place.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.