Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

AGNTEA

Witness is Katys best album

1 hour ago, Shiver said:

Witness is probably her best cohesive body of work, but it terms of overall quality Teenage Dream just about takes the cake for me. TD > W > OOTB >>>>> Prism tho, facts only xoxo

Witness cohesive? jj5 

8 minutes ago, Urbi said:

Witness cohesive? jj5 

Yeah, there's a couple of misfits like the ending ballads and Frenulum but overall it's her most cohesive output since OOTB. The majority of the tracks stick to the EDM umbrella and it works well jj2

She matured and evolved with this album. As a whole body of work I agree it is her best. Witness the song might just be better than Teenage Dream the song as well (which is more than often considered Katy's best song). 

My only problem is that it's unnecesarily long, she could've cut like 3 duds and make it even better.

I'm 100% is would have been so much better received had it and Katy herself been marketed differently. 

It's not innovative, but surely different and new for Katy. Neither of her peers have brought innovation in music, idk why y'all getting kiis but oh well

7 hours ago, Salvatore said:

It‘s most definitely her best if you take out the three singles. sass1 It’s quite ironic cause Katy used to have better singles than album cuts on her previous releases.

True

8 hours ago, Salvatore said:

It‘s most definitely her best if you take out the three singles. sass1 It’s quite ironic cause Katy used to have better singles than album cuts on her previous releases.

Swish Swish , Bone-apple-teeth , Chained to the rhythm > The rest of witness (- witness it's a bop)

5 hours ago, YoungForever said:

She matured and evolved with this album. As a whole body of work I agree it is her best. Witness the song might just be better than Teenage Dream the song as well (which is more than often considered Katy's best song). 

My only problem is that it's unnecesarily long, she could've cut like 3 duds and make it even better.

I'm 100% is would have been so much better received had it and Katy herself been marketed differently. 

It's not innovative, but surely different and new for Katy. Neither of her peers have brought innovation in music, idk why y'all getting kiis but oh well

I made a 10-Track cut of it. It definitely was too long!

The first four songs talk about everything going in circles which she can't break through. With CTTR she finally realized that there needs to be a change, which leads to H3y and Power. She feels liberated and in control of herself. She can give herself into Sex without fearing it, Bon Appetit and Tsunami are releases from that. Pendulum slowly leads into a bad ending instead of a happy ending though, showing that we can all fall back and lose ourselves - she gets stuck in her Mind Maze, agrees to "submit to the sweet surrender". "It used to be so sparkling but now it's not so charming". She is fully aware of her surroundings, her next album will get even better

jj2

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.