FOTP

Until Dawn 3: Feedback Thread

RihannaRTT    79,066

yvo3O24.png

Hello... again (... again?). This thread is the Feedback Thread. After two years of having this thread, I really love to see what you guys like and love, and the things we can improve on. The first year's thread introduced the idea of death throughout the game (in Season One; everyone lived until the first day). Last year's thread introduced a myriad of changes, and I'm actually going to list them so you know exactly what I did differently this year. Please give me your thoughts on these changes, and don't hesitate to suggest alternatives and improvements for future years to come. This year's event would not have been the same without your input from last year! 

The Planning Stage
As those of you know. Last year, I was swamped with work and then also got ill. And unfortunately, I only had 2 of 5 days planned out in full, and I had to delay the event from Christmas to New-Year. I swore not to do that again, so this year everything was planned by October 31st! 

The Formatting Changes
Some quality-of-life changes here. Firstly, I'm sure many of you noticed that the stories were a LOT shorter. I'm not going into the numbers but at least half of the fluff from last year was cut - but we were still able to keep plot, hints and shade all bundled into one. I'm pleased with myself for it and I hope you enjoyed the way this year's story was written too. Also, other minor things include the removal of bolded song titles (they were still capitalized to be noticeable, but not as distracting this time). 

The Prize Changes
This year, I changed the Banhammer 1 Member for 1 Day prize. Last year, anyone who got this could ban a member (but the member had to play in this event). Luckily no one got this last year because it would have meant so many more people getting banned. This time, the prize was a group decision but they could choose from any non-staff member on the forum (the member in question did NOT have to play). However everyone had to agree. (Now unfortunately only one person won this, but the concept, I think, worked better). Also, I introduced a Remove 1 WP prize to be nice and because I thought the Free Name Change prize was kinda... underwhelming compared to everything else?

The Story
I'm sure most of you noticed this too. This was a major change. The last two years, the story was based very randomly and had no real rhyme or reason. This year, the story actually had plot significance relating to real life events; i.e. Taylor and Katy's feud; and the choices, ultimately, came down to who was on #TeamTaylor and who was on #TeamKaty. I'd like to know if you liked this. I thought it worked well. I don't know if it'll be possible to do every year, but I'll aim to re-create this kind of real-life-based story in future. 

@Chapman. @Semicircle @Sylk @Entea @Liam @Chris Morlock @Party Monster @Shiver @fab @Jae @Simón. @Chris Pratt @Diamond @BEAUX @Mystique @Kaulitz. @Mr.Gorgeous @Billie @Count Olaf @Hylia @SWINΞ @Onyx @petedagrk @The One Below All @Luca @Alex. @Mando @Aidan. @Hyun. @Archie @MonsterGaga5555 @Mint @Sean @Zachary @Habits

Habits    26,126

going to be honest here and say firstly I did enjoy playing the game.

Second I think the choices were a bit to obvious on day 3 in the group I went in with, you should've thrown us more off and give us meltdowns over it. I feel like day 3 was the easiest choice out of everything. 

The prices are good. 

Story wise it is better than I have seen before, I hope it will continue with a storyline like this

RihannaRTT    79,066
1 minute ago, Habits said:

going to be honest here and say firstly I did enjoy playing the game.

Second I think the choices were a bit to obvious on day 3 in the group I went in with, you should've thrown us more off and give us meltdowns over it. I feel like day 3 was the easiest choice out of everything. 

The prices are good. 

Story wise it is better than I have seen before, I hope it will continue with a storyline like this

did anyone else feel this way? I thought it was the hardest day clear-and-far - with Selena being Tay's BFF, Kesha accepting the $50k donation, and Camila being her newest squad member - whereas Brit and Xtine didn't have any connection, really, to Taylor, and P!nk's was very 50-50. Did anyone else feel this way? 

Habits    26,126
1 minute ago, RihannaRTT said:

did anyone else feel this way? I thought it was the hardest day clear-and-far - with Selena being Tay's BFF, Kesha accepting the $50k donation, and Camila being her newest squad member - whereas Brit and Xtine didn't have any connection, really, to Taylor, and P!nk's was very 50-50. Did anyone else feel this way? 

It was only the Xtina that was a bit to obvious for me to be a death road. I feel like you threw in a bit too hints there and felt a bit safe with Gaga & Rih.

As the other days I was meltdowning because everything could have been a death road orangu1

S&Maniac    24,396

I enjoyed the last game and I enjoyed this one as well. You know I'm a huge fan of your stories and writing style, but making the story shorter was a smart idea ngl. Quality over quantitywendy1

Regarding the prizes, they look fine by me. Not a big fan of the Banhammer a member one (I know you stanny1) but I find it awk... really. cloud1

Not sure if it's possible, just a small suggestion is to make the chapters more interactive? and by this I mean maybe we could do more things than just picking who to follow. 

RihannaRTT    79,066
Just now, Billie said:

I enjoyed the last game and I enjoyed this one as well. You know I'm a huge fan of your stories and writing style, but making the story shorter was a smart idea ngl. Quality over quantitywendy1

Regarding the prizes, they look fine by me. Not a big fan of the Banhammer a member one (I know you stanny1) but I find it awk... really. cloud1

Not sure if it's possible, just a small suggestion is to make the chapters more interactive? and by this I mean maybe we could do more things than just picking who to follow. 

I do ny1 It's why I changed it this time so only person would get banned instead of say one for each person who got it though.

I can have a look into this suggestion. My only thing is that around this time of year, people aren't always active and I don't want this to be exclusive to people who are online at this time, so if it benefitted anyone by doing that, I don't think I can really take it on board. 

-

Thanks for y'all suggestions so far!