Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Count Olaf

why did fergie flop?

ooh as a Double Diapers stan I can answer this

1) The wait. I can't say I was exactly a Fergie stan before DD so for those who had to wait that long it was just very frustrating. 

2) The lead single was released 3 YEARS before the album was eventually dropped. There wasn't a planned album campaign, she just decided to release a song and proceed to work on the album, in the meanwhile any hype for it just died out. Overall a messy era

3) None of the songs pandered to any trends. Some might argue it was already dated on arrival, but I see some songs having replay value for a while.

As I mentioned above the wait put a lot of people off, and the leak made it seem a bit mediocre (well it was unfinished). But in all honesty, it's a fun, great pop album that has a lot of variety and interesting moments. I like to think of the visual album as a trashy (the good relatable kind) version of a Beyoncé album. It's very ambitious but it never takes itself too seriously 

Also some of the songs off the album follow the same formula as The Dutchess

Fergalicious ==> M.I.L.F.$

Save It Till Morning ==> Big Girls Don't Cry

Mary Jane Shoes ==> Love Is Blind

Finally ==> Love Is Pain (big ballad to end the album)

I think it's ageism 

her being in her 40's and releasing songs and videos like M.I.L.F is a big No to the GP anna1

plus her new music was very weak and honestly who would stan for someone who releases the second album 10 years after the first one? wendy4

ain't nobody got time for that tbh 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.