Aion

The Festive Lounge

5 hours ago, Skyline said:

@Sylk did you know that the South Korean vinyl edition of Music Box has a slightly different cover? cry7

R-5686080-1486420119-6689.png.jpg

Yes i knew it. I have the whole picture with her neck and shoulder showing!  sia1

I wonder why they did that though?

6 hours ago, Skyline said:

@Sylk did you know that the South Korean vinyl edition of Music Box has a slightly different cover? cry7

R-5686080-1486420119-6689.png.jpg

I found this out while looking for Mariah vinyls on discogs. I think it's interesting? I wonder why they did it? Perhaps the image looked too blown-out when printed 12x12 size? I like the full image, but the text placement is a little weird, in my opinion. It's obvious they put "Music Box" in the tiny space of her arm because that's the only place it'll show. 

3 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

I found this out while looking for Mariah vinyls on discogs. I think it's interesting? I wonder why they did it? Perhaps the image looked too blown-out when printed 12x12 size? I like the full image, but the text placement is a little weird, in my opinion. It's obvious they put "Music Box" in the tiny space of her arm because that's the only place it'll show. 

Yes, maybe they wanted the whole picture to appear but tea though they should've placed the album title next to or below her name on top it looks too weird like that on her arm 

1 hour ago, Sylk said:

Yes, maybe they wanted the whole picture to appear but tea though they should've placed the album title next to or below her name on top it looks too weird like that on her arm 

"Mariah Carey" should have been larger & extended entirely from both sides of the frame. And then "Music Box" should have been smaller and right under "Mariah Carey", situated either to the right or to the lefthand side 

Regardless. I like the full picture, but I also liked the cropped photo. It's really a gorgeous photograph of her face. I always forget she has curly hair in this photo tho, until I see it uncropped creep1 

5 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

"Mariah Carey" should have been larger & extended entirely from both sides of the frame. And then "Music Box" should have been smaller and right under "Mariah Carey", situated either to the right or to the lefthand side 

Regardless. I like the full picture, but I also liked the cropped photo. It's really a gorgeous photograph of her face. I always forget she has curly hair in this photo tho, until I see it uncropped creep1 

Yes tea! I would've personally gone with no text at all, cause don't the sides of albums have text and info anyway? But i guess it would've been too edgy and early in her career to pull off something like that sia2 

1 hour ago, Sylk said:

Yes tea! I would've personally gone with no text at all, cause don't the sides of albums have text and info anyway? But i guess it would've been too edgy and early in her career to pull off something like that sia2 

love album covers that do this oprah4 Albums that do this are usually better albums anyway. I.E. Butterfly

26 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

love album covers that do this oprah4 Albums that do this are usually better albums anyway. I.E. Butterfly

tea! Idk how but album covers with no text visually look better and stand out I guess? but in come cases i do prefer text like on Memoirs or Emancipation or Debut or E=MC2 

1 hour ago, Sylk said:

tea! Idk how but album covers with no text visually look better and stand out I guess? but in come cases i do prefer text like on Memoirs or Emancipation or Debut or E=MC2 

Albums like Emotions, Music Box, and Daydream could have done better without titles. I think E=MC2 is a super cool title so it works well being shown on the title.

I kind of wish Emancipation had the title instead of Mariah's name. I like it better when albums do that, instead of just the name of the artist. (because, that usually indicates a self-titled release) An album that did this well was Kiss Me Once by Kylie. 

14 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

"Someday" is officially my most played Mariah song oprah4 Also my 11th most listened song of all time on my iTunes (doesn't take into account the other formats I listen my music to, obvs)

Wow, isnt it? i would have never guessed. Mine's probably something of Daydream or The Star

2 hours ago, *Starlight* said:

Wow, isnt it? i would have never guessed. Mine's probably something of Daydream or The Star

"Someday" is one of the songs that made me get into her material more. I'm a huge sucker for that early 90s sound, and I was happy to find that Mariah started early enough be apart of it. "Someday" is such a catchy song, and I love the attitude on it.

My second and third most played Mariah songs are Fantasy and Forever. 

On 1/22/2018 at 10:43 AM, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Albums like Emotions, Music Box, and Daydream could have done better without titles. I think E=MC2 is a super cool title so it works well being shown on the title.

I kind of wish Emancipation had the title instead of Mariah's name. I like it better when albums do that, instead of just the name of the artist. (because, that usually indicates a self-titled release) An album that did this well was Kiss Me Once by Kylie. 

I like the towering text on Emotions, it sort of emphasizes the height of her emotions that the album encompasses!  Daydream text placement is a bit awkward, I would axe that, along with the actual shot I think, idk why but ther shadows make her face look bloated or something? I love E=MC2's title so I agree on that! 

Omg wait it has her name?? rip2 I never noticed I thought it was the album title rip3 I guess wouldn't it be hard to fit the whole title there? So the name works better I guess, I wouldn't have minded if the cover was a close up like this نتيجة بحث الصور عن ‪emancipation of mimi deluxe‬‏

23 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

"Someday" is officially my most played Mariah song oprah4 Also my 11th most listened song of all time on my iTunes (doesn't take into account the other formats I listen my music to, obvs)

taste! do you know she hates the song? eve1 

2 hours ago, Sylk said:

I like the towering text on Emotions, it sort of emphasizes the height of her emotions that the album encompasses!  Daydream text placement is a bit awkward, I would axe that, along with the actual shot I think, idk why but ther shadows make her face look bloated or something? I love E=MC2's title so I agree on that! 

Omg wait it has her name?? rip2 I never noticed I thought it was the album title rip3 I guess wouldn't it be hard to fit the whole title there? So the name works better I guess, I wouldn't have minded if the cover was a close up like this نتيجة بحث الصور عن ‪emancipation of mimi deluxe‬‏

taste! do you know she hates the song? eve1 

Honestly, the whole Emancipation photoshoot is BOMB, but I almost prefer every photo instead of the actual cover photo. It just doesn't look like her dead2 I prefer the deluxe edition ^

I do know that! brit10 And I think she should get over it! I know it sounds "too produced" (or w/e) and she probably wrote it when she was like 17. But it's still a BOP. Not only that, but it has the best video of the debut era. Weird dancing and all!

tumblr_osjgeergdT1qmeiveo3_400.gif

2 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Honestly, the whole Emancipation photoshoot is BOMB, but I almost prefer every photo instead of the actual cover photo. It just doesn't look like her dead2 I prefer the deluxe edition ^

I do know that! brit10 And I think she should get over it! I know it sounds "too produced" (or w/e) and she probably wrote it when she was like 17. But it's still a BOP. Not only that, but it has the best video of the debut era. Weird dancing and all!

tumblr_osjgeergdT1qmeiveo3_400.gif

tea!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes they photoshoped the hell out of it lol2 But idk how it sort of adds to the pictures? oprah12 I like it tbh, I wouldn't wanna know how the original untouched pictures looked like, i hope they deleted them all eve1 

Have you heard the alleged Someday Demo? rih1 

2 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

On another note, I love this part of this performance, the way she sort of inhales/breaks before going up to her falsetto on "cause bab-ay hey"

the ADLIBS on this performance oprah10 the very last downward run she does.. CHILLS everytime oprah10