Aion

The Festive Lounge

3 minutes ago, Sylk said:

Since you've mentioned it... 

Merry Christmas II You >>>> Merry Christmas ellie1

Oh Santa alone ended careers ellie1

I don't remember anything from either of them apart from All I Want for Christmas Is You ellie1

Original >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Justine Remix ellie1

So I guess MC > MCIIY ellie1

The only thing Oh Santa ended was Mariah's streak of Top 90 lead singles ellie1

14 minutes ago, Skyline said:

I don't remember anything from either of them apart from All I Want for Christmas Is You ellie1

fall4 

51 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Awww you're so cute with your delusional excuses ellie1

MC2Y has better songs ellie1

Come All Ye Faithful ft Legendary Opera Singer Patricia Carey ellie1

When Christmas Godmes ellie1

O Holy Night (live from somewhere I can't remember ellie1) ellie1

Magnum Opus of Mariahs career aka Auld Lang Syne ellie1

And AIWFCIY (Extra Festive)  ellie1

3 minutes ago, Sylk said:

Awww you're so cute with your delusional excuses ellie1

MC2Y has better songs ellie1

Come All Ye Faithful ft Legendary Opera Singer Patricia Carey ellie1

When Christmas Godmes ellie1

O Holy Night (live from somewhere I can't remember ellie1) ellie1

Magnum Opus of Mariahs career aka Auld Lang Syne ellie1

And AIWFCIY (Extra Festive)  ellie1

I think that Merry Christmas II You CD must have hit you HARD because...
tumblr_nt3wf5SkIF1shaaz3o1_500.gif

Idk but do yall ever think that Moo's music is sort of timeless and way ahead of its time?oprah12

I'm not talking about genre or theme here.....but the lyrical and production aspects of her albums oprah12

Take one of her smash hits Dream Lover as an example, released in 1993. But it sounds like it could be from early 2000s or something. Clear cut production, crystal clear vocal harmonies oprah12

If you listen to any other 90s song you can clearly tell oh this is from the 90s oprah12

But not moo oprah12

Even the Merry Christmas album, it seems so timeless oprah12

Even if u listen to her later stuff like from Emancipation, musically Mariah has always been way ahead of her time oprah12

Hew agrihs oprah12

1 hour ago, Sylk said:

Idk but do yall ever think that Moo's music is sort of timeless and way ahead of its time?oprah12

I'm not talking about genre or theme here.....but the lyrical and production aspects of her albums oprah12

Take one of her smash hits Dream Lover as an example, released in 1993. But it sounds like it could be from early 2000s or something. Clear cut production, crystal clear vocal harmonies oprah12

If you listen to any other 90s song you can clearly tell oh this is from the 90s oprah12

But not moo oprah12

Even the Merry Christmas album, it seems so timeless oprah12

Even if u listen to her later stuff like from Emancipation, musically Mariah has always been way ahead of her time oprah12

Hew agrihs oprah12

Most of it, the only one I'd say is a bit dated would be that her self-titled definitely sounds like it came from the early 90s, to me at least

Here are some unsolicited ideas for Mariah's new movies

Wednesday 25 May 2016

Here are some unsolicited ideas for Mariah's new movies | mcarchives.com

We must have been good this year, because Mariah Carey will soon be gifting us with three new movies, which will screen on the Hallmark Channel beginning in 2017. The renewed partnership between Mimi and Hallmark is a boon to all of us who love her, because the combination previously gave us treasures like Mariah Carey's Merriest Christmas and A Christmas Melody. What will the collaboration bring? Here are our totally unsolicited dream ideas for the project.

"The Butterfly Room"

Why would this make a good movie? In the legendary, bar-setting Mariah Carey episode of Cribs, we were introduced to The Butterfly Room, a spare bedroom in the songbird's Tribeca pad that's decorated in a flower and butterfly print. While showing us around the wondrous space, Mariah pulled out several books made by fans, and said that the mementos had helped her out during a time when she wasn't "quite so very happy". The unforgettable moment reminded us of the essential vulnerability and fragility of our idols, even the unassailable Mariah, in her many-roomed ivory tower.

What's the concept? Now that Mariah is extra busy filming her new reality show and preparing for her wedding to James Packer, The Butterfly Room lies dormant for much of the year. That is, until Angie Lee, one of Mariah's biggest fans, opens her closet door and discovers that her unassuming storage solution is actually a secret portal to The Butterfly Room. To Angie's astonishment, there are many magical creatures living in the room, including a faun, a majestic lion, and an MTV producer who never actually left the apartment after filming the Cribs in 2002.

"Glitter 7"

Why would this make a good movie? Since Glitter was released in 2001, it has become something of a punching bag. With a 7% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, the rags-to-riches tale might be regarded by some as a blip in Mariah's illustrious career. However, the movie holds a spot in fans' hearts as a kind of ne plus ultra of early aughts kitsch. If you are for real, you actually love Mariah more because of this movie, not less.

What's the concept? Since so much time has elapsed since the original Glitter came out, the movie will be called Glitter 7. Despite the fact that there is no such thing as Glitter 2, or, for that matter, 3, 4, 5, or 6, the advanced numbering of this new iteration of Glitter will make you curious about what has been happening in the soapy world of burgeoning singers and their love affairs since you last heard about it (much like the time you discovered there were actually eight Fast and the Furious movies). But it doesn't really matter what happens in the actual movie.

"Candy Cushnip's Christmas"

Why would this make a good movie? Candy Cushnip is the name of a bit part character Mariah played in a 2002 episode of Ally McBeal. Candy was the hapless victim of a dating service that promised her a partner, but instead threw several unworthy men at the unsuspecting lass. The episode also poked fun at Mariah's diva reputation, by incorporating the fact that poor Candy loved the spotlight, and always travelled with her own spotlight and technician. "It's an esteem device," protested sweet Candy. We believe you, C!

What's the concept? Combining Mariah's well-documented love for Christmas with this golden character who has so far languished in the depths of TV history, Candy Cushnip's Christmas would be a romantic comedy about a young woman who wants to find love but just can't. After hiring a Patti Stanger-like dating aficionado, who can't find her a perfect match, Candy still hasn't found the one. But then, as her Christmas present, Santa grants her membership to the Raya dating app, and Candy matches happily with a twice-removed Kennedy.

----------------------------------------------

Hallmark Channel deal: desperate or good business?

Thursday 26 May 2016

Hallmark Channel deal: desperate or good business? | mcarchives.com

Mariah Carey has signed a deal with the Hallmark channel. Deadline has the news: "Mariah Carey is returning to the Hallmark Channel fold, inking a three-picture deal with the network to develop, executive produce, direct and co-star in a trio of original movies and compose and produce an original song for each. The first pic in the two-year pact is slated to premiere during the channel's 2017 Countdown to Valentine's Day programming event."

Unfortunately, some people in the comments section aren't praising Ms. Carey. "Nothing says washed up like starring in a Hallmark movie," says YG. "It's worse. She didn't even star in it. She co-starred in it (hilariously playing a former classmate of star Lacey Chabert even though she's a good two decade older than Lacey). The abrupt television equivalent of extreme Instagram filtering whenever Mariah showed up in a scene directed by Mariah was hilarious to behold," an anonymous user posted in regards to Mariah's last Hallmark special.

However, Dee Lockett of Vulture seems to be excited. "Darling, sit down. Your calendar's about to get very glittery for the foreseeable future: Over the next two years, we're getting three (!) new Mariah Carey movies, in addition to her first reality show," Ms. Lockett excitingly tells her readers.

Once again, the commenters aren't too thrilled. "Cool, Mariah's new manager certainly has her priorities straight. Not," says StoneGroove. "A Christmas Melody was decent for what it was, but it was completely laughable that they tried to pass off Mariah and Lacey Chabert as old classmates," claims Greeneyedmonster.

Mariah's Hallmark deal is just the latest in a series of divisive career moves for the singer. Last week, a clip from her new reality show was released, and, as usual, fans approved and critics disapproved. E! Online described the first promo clip for the show: "Prepare to see Mariah Carey like you've never seen her before! In the first trailer for E!'s upcoming series Mariah's World, the chart-topping songstress offers fans an inside look at her extraordinary and exclusive lifestyle as she gears up to jet set across Europe for her Sweet Sweet Fantasy tour and wed Australian billionaire James Packer."

In the clip shown in the article, Mariah Carey claims that she doesn't think everybody knows anything about her. However, judging by many social media comments, some don't care. The comments about Mariah and the show on a similar article by Us Weekly aren't very flattering.

"I liked her when she first came out. Now, I can't tolerate her," says Over.It.Already. "It's funny to watch her act like an idiot, but it's sad because you know the outcome already when older celebrities that were huge start acting like this," says Lorna Winter. 

Mariah's new show will feature her preparations for her wedding with James Packer along with the actual wedding. It is rumored that the future Mrs. Packer may actually record music for the show. Given that Mariah Carey hasn't put out an album since 2014's disappointing (commercially, at least) Me I Am Mariah: The Elusive Chanteuse, fans would love new music.

2 minutes ago, Angel's Advocate said:

What's the concept? Since so much time has elapsed since the original Glitter came out, the movie will be called Glitter 7. Despite the fact that there is no such thing as Glitter 2, or, for that matter, 3, 4, 5, or 6, the advanced numbering of this new iteration of Glitter will make you curious about what has been happening in the soapy world of burgeoning singers and their love affairs since you last heard about it (much like the time you discovered there were actually eight Fast and the Furious movies). But it doesn't really matter what happens in the actual movie.

A mess.

2 minutes ago, ChooseyLover said:

She shouldn't have signed a deal with Hallmark Channel oprah3

I agree with this. Sadly, I feel like Hallmark channel only seem to attract more mature audiences, rather than younger audiences just like E! Network oprah3