Aion

The Festive Lounge

hey does anyone besides me think Obsessed is underrated, honestly I hadn't listened to it entirely until now and it just was so perfect!:flutter: it's so catchy while remaining very well sung (not a surprise coming from Mariah):) and it just didn't take away any of her credibility in her genre while making a song that's more mainstream and so addictive in the style of the songs that were ruling the charts a few years ago

In conclusion: It slayed me, HARD.+bow+

I still listen to Mariah almost every day. She just slays me with the vocals and songs. I'm glad that almost EVERY other female singer has an album out right now cos by the time MC comes back the other gorlz will be on hiatus :tehe:

As soon as I listened to The Ballads album I was eternally SLAYED

And that's just the beginning. +legend+

I never got why they included How Much on The Ballads. That was such a nothing album track, and it's not like Columbia had such a small selection of ballads from her. :tehe:

I never got why they included How Much on The Ballads. That was such a nothing album track, and it's not like Columbia had such a small selection of ballads from her. :tehe:

This might be a bit off topic but I LOVE YOUR SIG <3 ALANIS <3

Yeah that song is pointless. I mean, I could understand it having even been a single back then but it's tacky, dated and generic as hell. And not a ballad.

ft. Usher :tehe:

good but not great. She really didn't change much from the original and the vocals could have been better.

sis i think it's so great! i've heard it on the radio and i was +excited+

downloaded Memoirs. 'Betcha Gon Know', 'Obsessed', 'H.A.T.E.U', 'IWTKWLI' are my favourite songs. the rest was forgettable. +shrug+

sis i think it's so great! i've heard it on the radio and i was +excited+

downloaded Memoirs. 'Betcha Gon Know', 'Obsessed', 'H.A.T.E.U', 'IWTKWLI' are my favourite songs. the rest was forgettable. +shrug+

Good choices. I for one ADORE her cover of the Foreigner classic. Almost everything about that song is perfect - she really emotes when she sings with those restrained, slightly raspy vocals. The only thing I'm disappointed in is how abrupt it ends. The chorus should have been repeated at least once more with some extra vocal runs and ad-libs to really take us to church!

Mimi made #2 on Billboard's list of best Billboard Music Award performances!

Like the Billboard charts themselves, the Billboard Music Awards has a history of celebrating a diverse cross-section of the music landscape. From the pitch-black rock of Metallica's "Unforgiven II" to the seductive pop of Britney Spears' "I'm a Slave 4 U" to the soulful R&B of Alicia Keys' "A Woman's Worth," the ceremony has collected music's biggest stars and let their hits shine in front of millions.

Billboard takes a look back at 10 of the show's most memorable performances. Mariah makes the list with her amazing live performance of "I Still Believe."

1. Britney Spears, 2001 - "I'm A Slave 4 U"

3. 'N Sync, 2000 - "Just Got Paid"

4. Metallica, 1997 - "The Unforgiven 2"

5. R. Kelly, 2005 - "Slow Wind"

6. Nelly, 2004 - "N Dey Say"

7. Destiny's Child, 2000 - Medley

8. Pink, 2003 - "God Is a DJ"

9. Alicia Keys feat. Angie Stone & Eve, 2001 - Medley

10 Shania Twain, 1995 - "If You're Not In It For Love"

She also won FUSE's poll on which pop diva has the best fans (irrelevant poll really, but still cool :P)!

And The Winner Is...

Fuse asked which pop diva has the best fans. Eight weeks and 12.4 million votes later Mariah Carey's Lambs have won the Battle of the Fans polldown!

Good choices. I for one ADORE her cover of the Foreigner classic. Almost everything about that song is perfect - she really emotes when she sings with those restrained, slightly raspy vocals. The only thing I'm disappointed in is how abrupt it ends. The chorus should have been repeated at least once more with some extra vocal runs and ad-libs to really take us to church!

A-fucking-greed.

I always hated how she felt the need for a key change in the finale as well. The original works so well because the key remains constant and it's so haunting. She just needed to belt that out with a wall of a choir behind her. She makes it too happy at the end, and what works for it is the melancholy behind it all.