Mariah Carey

Sylk 142,997

no offense @Satori one of my favs on fotp so humble so outspoken so SKINNY we stan 

Satori 4,093
8 hours ago, Sylk said:

no offense @Satori one of my favs on fotp so humble so outspoken so SKINNY we stan 

omg cry9 I'd insert a witty joke here but I'm too pleased with this to make light of it. cry0  Thank you @Sylk King of Compliments cry3

Mariah's kind skinny lambs low-key be my legion for welcoming me here back in the day.  Ya'll were the reason I started listening to ha!

Sylk 142,997
21 hours ago, Satori said:

omg cry9 I'd insert a witty joke here but I'm too pleased with this to make light of it. cry0  Thank you @Sylk King of Compliments cry3

Mariah's kind skinny lambs low-key be my legion for welcoming me here back in the day.  Ya'll were the reason I started listening to ha!

So tell us about your Lambtory ! sia1 (Lamb History: aka: when did u stan, how did u stan, what do u stan, which album, single, video, performance etc is your fav) 

Satori 4,093
3 hours ago, Sylk said:

So tell us about your Lambtory ! sia1 (Lamb History: aka: when did u stan, how did u stan, what do u stan, which album, single, video, performance etc is your fav) 

My first Mariah experience was with Glitter dahling and I was a lil chile who checked the cd out of my local library because the cover was so pretteh cry0. I still have a soft spot for “Never Too Fat.”  I also had heard “When You Believe” and believed because of it ha power kr1. After that I remember the Emancipation era but was paying attention to other things, then I decided she was amazing when I heard “Touch My Body.”  iggy1 When I first joined here Me. I am Skinny had just come out and I felt like the Mariah and Kylie fans were the most welcoming so I started chatting and from there I fell in love with Butterfly (like holy fucking shit gaga13), and almost all her recent alberms. I also had made friends at work who broadened my musical tastes to a lot more R&B and Hip-Hop. I love Memoirs and Elambcipation and Elusive Baa-tuese but digest new music really slowly so I haven’t made it to most of her 90s stuff, especially the earliest records. 

That aside, I love her attitude, worship the range and breadth of her voice, think she’s a hilarious queen, and am happily able to defy FOTP misconceptions about being unable to stan both of the legendary M’s because Me. I am @Satori. hay1

Satori 4,093

*enters pasture filled with hot skinny ovine legends*

Hi @Lambs; I have a 9-hour drive today to an academic conference moo5 and I want to get through some 90s Mariah.  I'm mostly familiar with Mimi and onward moo6.  Any recommendations for someone still not fully indoctrinated into the Lambily? moo1

Edit:  Why is the pasture empty today? jj4

Oh well. I’ve done Rainbow and Daydream so far. Charmbracelet now but haven’t decided what’s next. I’ve liked all three but Daydream had me fucking shook start to finish. 

14 hours ago, Satori said:

Hi @Lambs; I have a 9-hour drive today to an academic conference moo5 and I want to get through some 90s Mariah.  I'm mostly familiar with Mimi and onward moo6.  Any recommendations for someone still not fully indoctrinated into the Lambily? moo1

Oh well. I’ve done Rainbow and Daydream so far. Charmbracelet now but haven’t decided what’s next. I’ve liked all three but Daydream had me fucking shook start to finish. 

Butterfly oprah11 Emotions oprah11 Debut oprah11 

Satori 4,093
6 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Butterfly oprah11 Emotions oprah11 Debut oprah11 

I’m familiar with (and therefore stan) Butterfly so I’ll go to Emotions next jj2

Sylk 142,997
On 3/14/2018 at 7:38 PM, Satori said:

My first Mariah experience was with Glitter dahling and I was a lil chile who checked the cd out of my local library because the cover was so pretteh cry0. I still have a soft spot for “Never Too Fat.”  I also had heard “When You Believe” and believed because of it ha power kr1. After that I remember the Emancipation era but was paying attention to other things, then I decided she was amazing when I heard “Touch My Body.”  iggy1 When I first joined here Me. I am Skinny had just come out and I felt like the Mariah and Kylie fans were the most welcoming so I started chatting and from there I fell in love with Butterfly (like holy fucking shit gaga13), and almost all her recent alberms. I also had made friends at work who broadened my musical tastes to a lot more R&B and Hip-Hop. I love Memoirs and Elambcipation and Elusive Baa-tuese but digest new music really slowly so I haven’t made it to most of her 90s stuff, especially the earliest records. 

That aside, I love her attitude, worship the range and breadth of her voice, think she’s a hilarious queen, and am happily able to defy FOTP misconceptions about being unable to stan both of the legendary M’s because Me. I am @Satori. hay1

oh wow! So you're quite a seasoned lamb! we love that cry7 

Stan MIAM and Butterfly oprah4 and MEMOIRS omg taste confirmed! oprah14 

I think you'd really love her debut and Emotions they're very good for a debut and post album! Very nicely polished and done! Listen to it sometime cry7 

Wigless cry7 we love a M hybrid stan cry6 STOP THE DRAMA, START THE MUSIC! oprah13 

On 3/15/2018 at 5:55 PM, Satori said:

Sorry dahhling !I didn't see this earlier ny3 hope your drive was nice! I would've recommended Debut sia2 but wig Rainbow and Daydream are nice, yes DD is sort of the older classy sister to Butterfly! It has my fav Mariah ballad on it Forever ! hope you like that one oprah4 

What did u think of Charmbacelet? sia3 it's a bit overkill with the breathy vocals but if you can get through it, it's actually a very cute album! The lyrics are great, Lullaby, Boy (I Need You), I Only Wanted) etc are some great cuts!!

Satori 4,093
48 minutes ago, Sylk said:

oh wow! So you're quite a seasoned lamb! we love that cry7 

Stan MIAM and Butterfly oprah4 and MEMOIRS omg taste confirmed! oprah14 

I think you'd really love her debut and Emotions they're very good for a debut and post album! Very nicely polished and done! Listen to it sometime cry7 

Wigless cry7 we love a M hybrid stan cry6 STOP THE DRAMA, START THE MUSIC! oprah13 

Sorry dahhling !I didn't see this earlier ny3 hope your drive was nice! I would've recommended Debut sia2 but wig Rainbow and Daydream are nice, yes DD is sort of the older classy sister to Butterfly! It has my fav Mariah ballad on it Forever ! hope you like that one oprah4 

What did u think of Charmbacelet? sia3 it's a bit overkill with the breathy vocals but if you can get through it, it's actually a very cute album! The lyrics are great, Lullaby, Boy (I Need You), I Only Wanted) etc are some great cuts!!

Fantasy:  Of course I loved "Forever"!  Gorgeous song on a gorgeous album. cry7 All the praise for that album is mad legit because it. is. sew. gud. ahs1 "I Am Free" and "When I Saw You" had my wig fucking gone.  "Looking In" too like omg...  Such a complete album.

Charmbracelet:  I loved up until after "My Saving Grace" (which I loved!  Queen of songs about God cry6)--after that it seemed to drag a bit but I lurved "Bringing On the Heartbreak" near the end. However, my favorites were the sequence of Boy / The One / Yours / You Got Me.   WIG iggy1 FLEW.  Such solid groovy sexy n skinny bops. 

Rainbow was a bit more hit and miss for me moo6 but again I liked the first half of the album a bit more than the second.  "How Much" / "After Tonight" / "X-Girlfriend" / and the remix to "Heartbreaker" (>>>>> album version) had me boppin.

My faves are still ButterflyMemoirs, and MIAM right now tho.  My drive was great, thank u! moo1  On the way back tomorrow I'ma get to her first three and some early Kylie too. moo5

10 hours ago, Satori said:

My faves are still ButterflyMemoirs, and MIAM right now tho.  My drive was great, thank u! moo1  On the way back tomorrow I'ma get to her first three and some early Kylie too. moo5

Excited to hear what you think of her first three albums moo5 Post what you think of early Kylie in the Kylie sextion too moo5 

Satori 4,093

Excited to hear what you think of her first three albums 

I’m excited. Going to be a long day so glad I have tunez on the docket. Love your new avi btw moo1

Post what you think of early Kylie in the Kylie sextion too moo5 

I will if @Aidan. hasn’t had me bannedT by that point for my thread about moo1

Sylk 142,997
22 hours ago, Satori said:

Fantasy:  Of course I loved "Forever"!  Gorgeous song on a gorgeous album. cry7 All the praise for that album is mad legit because it. is. sew. gud. ahs1 "I Am Free" and "When I Saw You" had my wig fucking gone.  "Looking In" too like omg...  Such a complete album.

Tea! It was her first album with almost full creative control! It's really just a gorgeous album start to finish and her vocal peak so she sound pristine ! 

Charmbracelet:  I loved up until after "My Saving Grace" (which I loved!  Queen of songs about God cry6)--after that it seemed to drag a bit but I lurved "Bringing On the Heartbreak" near the end. However, my favorites were the sequence of Boy / The One / Yours / You Got Me.   WIG iggy1 FLEW.  Such solid groovy sexy n skinny bops. 

Stan The One cry7 yes it does drag on a bit sia3

Rainbow was a bit more hit and miss for me moo6 but again I liked the first half of the album a bit more than the second.  "How Much" / "After Tonight" / "X-Girlfriend" / and the remix to "Heartbreaker" (>>>>> album version) had me boppin.

OMG STAN HEARTBREAKER REMIX IS SO GOOD oprah10 

Rainbow was a quick get-out-of-this-contract- album she was developing the concept for Glitter so she used some of the songs she had to put together this album! #SylkFACTs but it does have some cute songs yes!

TASTE confirmed! Omg you're also getting into Kylord? oprah10 

Aidan. 55,678
7 hours ago, Satori said:

I will if @Aidan. hasn’t had me bannedT by that point for my thread about moo1

Why would I ban an iconic member moo1

Royale 64,336

Welcome to the section @Satori! Glad you appreciate some of Mariah's work already. What are your favorites songs from her, so far?

Satori 4,093
3 hours ago, Sylk said:

Tea! It was her first album with almost full creative control! It's really just a gorgeous album start to finish and her vocal peak so she sound pristine ! 

Stan The One cry7 yes it does drag on a bit sia3

OMG STAN HEARTBREAKER REMIX IS SO GOOD oprah10 

Rainbow was a quick get-out-of-this-contract- album she was developing the concept for Glitter so she used some of the songs she had to put together this album! #SylkFACTs but it does have some cute songs yes!

TASTE confirmed! Omg you're also getting into Kylord? oprah10 

All this background info! We love an informed Oracle! clap3

I listened to debut, Emotions, and Music Box. I prefer the first two. They were both even better than I expected. cry7  I knew the singles from Debut but now I love Vanishing too. And on Emotions Can’t Let Go / Make It Happen / If It’s Over / You’re So Cold had me scalped. 

And yassss I’ve stanned Kylegend since Fever but I’d never listened to her older stuff either so I was soaking it all up on this trip. cry6 #blessed

Satori 4,093
3 hours ago, Aidan. said:

Why would I ban an iconic member moo1

oprah2 **when an icon calls me an icon** oprah4

Satori 4,093
52 minutes ago, Royale said:

Welcome to the section @Satori! Glad you appreciate some of Mariah's work already. What are your favorites songs from her, so far?

Thanks for the welcome sia3  

Two posts above from this has my faves from her first two; on Music Box I loved Now That I Know and Without You. 

Daydream am I stan cover to cover. It was such a perfect album like omg. Right now my trinity from that one though is I Am Free / When I Saw You / Looking In. oprah2

Same with Butterfly; I love it all but my absolute favorites are Honey and Whenever You Call. 

From her later albums a few that come to mind are Never Too Far, Touch My Body, H.A.T.E.U., It’s A Wrap, WBT of course, The Art of Letting Go (one of my absolute favorites), and I get so much life from You Don’t Know What To Do it’s ridiculous. oprah10

Lover 179,265

Everytime I feel the need oprah10 

I envision you caressing me oprah10 

and go back in time oprah10

to relieve the splendor of you and I oprah10 

on a rooftop that rainy niiiiight oprah10 

4 hours ago, Satori said:

Thanks for the welcome sia3  

Two posts above from this has my faves from her first two; on Music Box I loved Now That I Know and Without You

Daydream am I stan cover to cover. It was such a perfect album like omg. Right now my trinity from that one though is I Am Free / When I Saw You / Looking In. oprah2

Same with Butterfly; I love it all but my absolute favorites are Honey and Whenever You Call. 

From her later albums a few that come to mind are Never Too Far, Touch My Body, H.A.T.E.U., It’s A Wrap, WBT of course, The Art of Letting Go (one of my absolute favorites), and I get so much life from You Don’t Know What To Do it’s ridiculous. oprah10

Stan a bit! oprah10

Sylk 142,997
6 hours ago, Satori said:

All this background info! We love an informed Oracle! clap3

I listened to debut, Emotions, and Music Box. I prefer the first two. They were both even better than I expected. cry7  I knew the singles from Debut but now I love Vanishing too. And on Emotions Can’t Let Go / Make It Happen / If It’s Over / You’re So Cold had me scalped. 

And yassss I’ve stanned Kylegend since Fever but I’d never listened to her older stuff either so I was soaking it all up on this trip. cry6 #blessed

Yes the backstories are the TEA! And I find the music to be better if you know where it comes from! Slowly but surely you'll know everything soon! sia1 

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

Everytime I feel the need oprah10 

I envision you caressing me oprah10 

and go back in time oprah10

to relieve the splendor of you and I oprah10 

on a rooftop that rainy niiiiight oprah10 

taste!