Aion

The Festive Lounge

10 hours ago, Satori said:

My faves are still ButterflyMemoirs, and MIAM right now tho.  My drive was great, thank u! moo1  On the way back tomorrow I'ma get to her first three and some early Kylie too. moo5

Excited to hear what you think of her first three albums moo5 Post what you think of early Kylie in the Kylie sextion too moo5 

6 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Excited to hear what you think of her first three albums 

I’m excited. Going to be a long day so glad I have tunez on the docket. Love your new avi btw moo1

6 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Post what you think of early Kylie in the Kylie sextion too moo5 

I will if @Aidan. hasn’t had me bannedT by that point for my thread about moo1

22 hours ago, Satori said:

Fantasy:  Of course I loved "Forever"!  Gorgeous song on a gorgeous album. cry7 All the praise for that album is mad legit because it. is. sew. gud. ahs1 "I Am Free" and "When I Saw You" had my wig fucking gone.  "Looking In" too like omg...  Such a complete album.

Tea! It was her first album with almost full creative control! It's really just a gorgeous album start to finish and her vocal peak so she sound pristine ! 

Charmbracelet:  I loved up until after "My Saving Grace" (which I loved!  Queen of songs about God cry6)--after that it seemed to drag a bit but I lurved "Bringing On the Heartbreak" near the end. However, my favorites were the sequence of Boy / The One / Yours / You Got Me.   WIG iggy1 FLEW.  Such solid groovy sexy n skinny bops. 

Stan The One cry7 yes it does drag on a bit sia3

Rainbow was a bit more hit and miss for me moo6 but again I liked the first half of the album a bit more than the second.  "How Much" / "After Tonight" / "X-Girlfriend" / and the remix to "Heartbreaker" (>>>>> album version) had me boppin.

OMG STAN HEARTBREAKER REMIX IS SO GOOD oprah10 

Rainbow was a quick get-out-of-this-contract- album she was developing the concept for Glitter so she used some of the songs she had to put together this album! #SylkFACTs but it does have some cute songs yes!

My faves are still ButterflyMemoirs, and MIAM right now tho.  My drive was great, thank u! moo1  On the way back tomorrow I'ma get to her first three and some early Kylie too. moo5

TASTE confirmed! Omg you're also getting into Kylord? oprah10 

3 hours ago, Sylk said:

Tea! It was her first album with almost full creative control! It's really just a gorgeous album start to finish and her vocal peak so she sound pristine ! 

Stan The One cry7 yes it does drag on a bit sia3

OMG STAN HEARTBREAKER REMIX IS SO GOOD oprah10 

Rainbow was a quick get-out-of-this-contract- album she was developing the concept for Glitter so she used some of the songs she had to put together this album! #SylkFACTs but it does have some cute songs yes!

TASTE confirmed! Omg you're also getting into Kylord? oprah10 

All this background info! We love an informed Oracle! clap3

I listened to debut, Emotions, and Music Box. I prefer the first two. They were both even better than I expected. cry7  I knew the singles from Debut but now I love Vanishing too. And on Emotions Can’t Let Go / Make It Happen / If It’s Over / You’re So Cold had me scalped. 

And yassss I’ve stanned Kylegend since Fever but I’d never listened to her older stuff either so I was soaking it all up on this trip. cry6 #blessed

52 minutes ago, Royale said:

Welcome to the section @Satori! Glad you appreciate some of Mariah's work already. What are your favorites songs from her, so far?

Thanks for the welcome sia3  

Two posts above from this has my faves from her first two; on Music Box I loved Now That I Know and Without You. 

Daydream am I stan cover to cover. It was such a perfect album like omg. Right now my trinity from that one though is I Am Free / When I Saw You / Looking In. oprah2

Same with Butterfly; I love it all but my absolute favorites are Honey and Whenever You Call. 

From her later albums a few that come to mind are Never Too Far, Touch My Body, H.A.T.E.U., It’s A Wrap, WBT of course, The Art of Letting Go (one of my absolute favorites), and I get so much life from You Don’t Know What To Do it’s ridiculous. oprah10

4 hours ago, Satori said:

Two posts above from this has my faves from her first two; on Music Box I loved Now That I Know and Without You

Daydream am I stan cover to cover. It was such a perfect album like omg. Right now my trinity from that one though is I Am Free / When I Saw You / Looking In. oprah2

Same with Butterfly; I love it all but my absolute favorites are Honey and Whenever You Call. 

From her later albums a few that come to mind are Never Too Far, Touch My Body, H.A.T.E.U., It’s A Wrap, WBT of course, The Art of Letting Go (one of my absolute favorites), and I get so much life from You Don’t Know What To Do it’s ridiculous. oprah10

Stan a bit! oprah10

6 hours ago, Satori said:

All this background info! We love an informed Oracle! clap3

I listened to debut, Emotions, and Music Box. I prefer the first two. They were both even better than I expected. cry7  I knew the singles from Debut but now I love Vanishing too. And on Emotions Can’t Let Go / Make It Happen / If It’s Over / You’re So Cold had me scalped. 

And yassss I’ve stanned Kylegend since Fever but I’d never listened to her older stuff either so I was soaking it all up on this trip. cry6 #blessed

Yes the backstories are the TEA! And I find the music to be better if you know where it comes from! Slowly but surely you'll know everything soon! sia1 

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

Everytime I feel the need oprah10 

I envision you caressing me oprah10 

and go back in time oprah10

to relieve the splendor of you and I oprah10 

on a rooftop that rainy niiiiight oprah10 

taste!

1 hour ago, Sylk said:

Yes the backstories are the TEA! And I find the music to be better if you know where it comes from! Slowly but surely you'll know everything soon! sia1 

taste!

This is so true about artists in general. And discerning how her music changed album to album makes knowing that background stuff very intriguing. 

30 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

I can't get over how cute she is in my new avi oprah2 

Tea! 

1 minute ago, Satori said:

This is so true about artists in general. And discerning how her music changed album to album makes knowing that background stuff very intriguing. 

Tea! 

Yes, it's very interesting to know the backgrounds! But basically the gist of all it all is, she grew up in a dysfunctional biracial family, singing and songwriting was her saving grace, moved to NY the day after she graduated, struggled till she landed a deal (this story is super cute btw) released VOL and launched her career, married CEO of Sony Tommy, stayed with him in an abusive relationship till Butterfly, relations with her label were severely strained, left Sony, released Glitter--it flopped--fired from Virgin Records--Mental Breakdown, took 2 years off, came back with TEOM! sia1 She's an artist who has truly persevered btw even continues to do so, with all the NYE stuff !! 

6 minutes ago, Sylk said:

Yes, it's very interesting to know the backgrounds! But basically the gist of all it all is, she grew up in a dysfunctional biracial family, singing and songwriting was her saving grace, moved to NY the day after she graduated, struggled till she landed a deal (this story is super cute btw) released VOL and launched her career, married CEO of Sony Tommy, stayed with him in an abusive relationship till Butterfly, relations with her label were severely strained, left Sony, released Glitter--it flopped--fired from Virgin Records--Mental Breakdown, took 2 years off, came back with TEOM! sia1 She's an artist who has truly persevered btw even continues to do so, with all the NYE stuff !! 

I knew the general arc of her career involved being with/managed by Tommy and the comeback post-Glitter but I had no idea her upbringing had been like that oprah4 or that Tommy had been abusive scream2.  “Persevering” is a good way of putting it—bless her. I had no idea she’d been through so much. oprah4 I love that she acknowledges her faith as helping her though. That’s all over her work and most people who are famous don’t own up to things like that but it’s clear with her that she was enduring actual hardships so if that’s what helped get her through it, I love that she acknowledges it. 

3 minutes ago, Satori said:

I knew the general arc of her career involved being with/managed by Tommy and the comeback post-Glitter but I had no idea her upbringing had been like that oprah4 or that Tommy had been abusive scream2.  “Persevering” is a good way of putting it—bless her. I had no idea she’d been through so much. oprah4 I love that she acknowledges her faith as helping her though. That’s all over her work and most people who are famous don’t own up to things like that but it’s clear with her that she was enduring actual hardships so if that’s what helped get her through it, I love that she acknowledges it. 

Yes dahhling rih9 her life been done fucked up since she was born rih9 Yes, tea! oprah4 I'm so glad you're stanning and I'm here to witness the era of Satori oprah4 

7 minutes ago, Sylk said:

Yes dahhling rih9 her life been done fucked up since she was born 

Which makes her so much more admirable and really contextualizes the songwriting. I remember when I was young my sister (an absolute savage ahs1 but she means well) used to poke fun at some of Mariah’s song titles, BUT in literature we wouldn’t be surprised to find an author writing about something idealized or escapist if they were going through hard things in their life any more than we should be with Mariah. I’m thinking of Dreamlover for instance and the trope of being rescued—makes complete sense. It also makes her songs about persevering that much more meaningful. Through the Rain isn’t my favorite per se, but knowing it’s post-breakdown elevates it for me. Many pop girls would frame their comeback on an upbeat bop, but she came back with a humble ballad. Angel. cry4

7 minutes ago, Sylk said:

I'm so glad you're stanning and I'm here to witness the era of Satori oprah4 

wub1 

11 minutes ago, Satori said:

Which makes her so much more admirable and really contextualizes the songwriting. I remember when I was young my sister (an absolute savage ahs1 but she means well) used to poke fun at some of Mariah’s song titles, BUT in literature we wouldn’t be surprised to find an author writing about something idealized or escapist if they were going through hard things in their life any more than we should be with Mariah. I’m thinking of Dreamlover for instance and the trope of being rescued—makes complete sense. It also makes her songs about persevering that much more meaningful. Through the Rain isn’t my favorite per se, but knowing it’s post-breakdown elevates it for me. Many pop girls would frame their comeback on an upbeat bop, but she came back with a humble ballad. Angel. cry4

wub1 

Yes! Funny you mention Dreamlover, one of the things Mariah dealt with earlier in career was the strong control she was under. They (Tommy) were so strict with her, that she wasn't allowed to remove her jacket during MTV Unplugged. jj4 And one of the many things she wasn't allowed to do was produce, they denied her of that on her debut however for Emotions she gained a little bit more control and co-produced the album but still under heavy supervision. Dreamlover was one of the first tracks that showed the urban influences that she loved, that was truly the beginning for her as an artist. Some of her most personal songs are Looking In, Outside, Petals, I Only Wanted etc that truly showcases her vulnerability. I know she has a bit of a diva reputation but once you know the girl behind the aura, she's so much more. oprah4 

14 hours ago, Satori said:

Two posts above from this has my faves from her first two; on Music Box I loved Now That I Know and Without You. 

Nice taste! I love Whenever You Call and it's one of my favoriite Mariah songs ever, as well as Looking In. H.A.T.E.U. is one of the songs that made me become a fan, so I sure do appreciate it. sia3

Glad you like her newest stuff as well! MIAM is a very underrated record that deserved more praise! oprah2 And what are your faves from Charmbracelet, if you have any? I think you listened to this album as well, right? cheryl1 

13 minutes ago, Moonflower said:

hello lambs; how's it going

Doing great here, wbu?