Aion

The Festive Lounge

4 hours ago, Sylk said:

Yes! Funny you mention Dreamlover, one of the things Mariah dealt with earlier in career was the strong control she was under. They (Tommy) were so strict with her, that she wasn't allowed to remove her jacket during MTV Unplugged. jj4 And one of the many things she wasn't allowed to do was produce, they denied her of that on her debut however for Emotions she gained a little bit more control and co-produced the album but still under heavy supervision. Dreamlover was one of the first tracks that showed the urban influences that she loved, that was truly the beginning for her as an artist. Some of her most personal songs are Looking In, Outside, Petals, I Only Wanted etc that truly showcases her vulnerability. I know she has a bit of a diva reputation but once you know the girl behind the aura, she's so much more. oprah4 

I’m living for these details cry6  they make me love Lookin In even more. Petals and Outside stood out to me too lemme go back and listen again too. rih2

Just now, Royale said:

Doing great here, wbu?

Eh, its fine. I have tons of homework due in like four days so im relaxing before i have to hand in everything. And im finally continuing the Mariah Singles Megarate so thats fun.

17 minutes ago, Moonflower said:

hello lambs; how's it going

Hi! sistren1

3 minutes ago, Royale said:

Nice taste! I love Whenever You Call and it's one of my favoriite Mariah songs ever, as well as Looking In. H.A.T.E.U. is one of the songs that made me become a fan, so I sure do appreciate it. sia3

Glad you like her newest stuff as well! MIAM is a very underrated record that deserved more praise! oprah2 And what are your faves from Charmbracelet, if you have any? I think you listened to this album as well, right? cheryl1 

Doing great here, wbu?

Yes! I love MIAM. Her voice slaycat The production on the best songs slaycat

I did listen to Charmbracelet too! The second half of the record lost me a bit but I really enjoyed the first half. My favorites are Boy (a bop! ny15 omg), I Only Wanted, The One , Yours, and My Saving Grace oprah2. I also loved Bringing On the Heartbreak, I have to admit. moo1 I live for her covers. 

Glad and to hear you like H.A.T.E.U.! I sent it to an old friend a while ago raving about it and they were shook and we reconnected off that song! oprah4

Just now, Moonflower said:

are you a new prisoner  lamb? i dont recall seeing you here before

I am new, yes! moo1 Back when I first joined I was mostly active in the Taylor and Mariah Spotlight sections because everyone was funny and hilarious.  oprah2 FOTP got me onto Taylor and now it’s Mariah’s turn. rih2 I’d always had her on my radar and liked things here and there but I’m going through her whole discography now much more pointedly. I should have a long time ago tbh because I love it.  tea1

1 minute ago, Satori said:

I am new, yes! moo1 Back when I first joined I was mostly active in the Taylor and Mariah Spotlight sections because everyone was funny and hilarious.  oprah2 FOTP got me onto Taylor and now it’s Mariah’s turn. rih2 I’d always had her on my radar and liked things here and there but I’m going through her whole discography now much more pointedly. I should have a long time ago tbh because I love it.  tea1

well it isnt too late to get into ha! i suggest some senior lambs have already given you suggestions so no need to give my own. what is your fav song by mimi?

3 minutes ago, Moonflower said:

well it isnt too late to get into ha! i suggest some senior lambs have already given you suggestions so no need to give my own. what is your fav song by mimi?

That’s already so hard to answer! brit11 Best I can do is a top-5/6 for right now, in no order:

The Art of Letting Go - cry9 The first time I heard this I had a feeling it was time to listen to more of her music. I love it so much.

Honey - giveup1

Whenever You Call - Impossibly gorgeous.

Looking In - oprah4

Make It Happen - I absolutely LIVE for her voice in this, and the genre-bending production.

Touch My Body - basically the most perfect pop record of all time.  It never gets old.

I love that she brings the bops AND the ballads. 

2 hours ago, Satori said:

That’s already so hard to answer! brit11 Best I can do is a top-5/6 for right now, in no order:

The Art of Letting Go - cry9 The first time I heard this I had a feeling it was time to listen to more of her music. I love it so much.

Honey - giveup1

Whenever You Call - Impossibly gorgeous.

Looking In - oprah4

Make It Happen - I absolutely LIVE for her voice in this, and the genre-bending production.

Touch My Body - basically the most perfect pop record of all time.  It never gets old.

I love that she brings the bops AND the ballads. 

oh my gosh Whenever You Call is literally one of her best stan! oprah4 Honey and Touch My Wig are great club bangers as well

5 minutes ago, Moonflower said:

oh my gosh Whenever You Call is literally one of her best stan! oprah4 Honey and Touch My Wig are great club bangers as well

Yes cry0 I remember the first time I ever heard WYC years ago and was like tenor.gif?itemid=10547364

I'm here for the Whenever You Call stanning oprah4 It may just seem like a typical ballad, but her lyrics, passion, and transitions in that song are on fucking point. More proof that even with "normal" ballads, she was on top of her game on Butterfly.

Whenever You Call underrated! Even though it's not one of the most important and personal on Butterfly, its still really fun to lip sync to, never any bleak moments with WYC. If I ever got married it would be my wedding song! 

3 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

I'm here for the Whenever You Call stanning oprah4 It may just seem like a typical ballad, but her lyrics, passion, and transitions in that song are on fucking point. More proof that even with "normal" ballads, she was on top of her game on Butterfly.

Yes everything you said was what i feel in all honesty! oprah4 Her range continues to amaze me

Hello dahlings I’ve been in a school vacuum the past few days but I wanted to drop in and share that I ordered cd copies of MemoirsMIAM Deluxe, Daydream, and Emancipation. moo5 I’s so excited. The only one I had a physical copy of before was Ballahfly. ohno1 The collection grows. Take my money queen. oprah2 Next on the list is probably Debut and Emotions.

2 hours ago, Satori said:

Hello dahlings I’ve been in a school vacuum the past few days but I wanted to drop in and share that I ordered cd copies of MemoirsMIAM Deluxe, Daydream, and Emancipation. moo5 I’s so excited. The only one I had a physical copy of before was Ballahfly. ohno1 The collection grows. Take my money queen. oprah2 Next on the list is probably Debut and Emotions.

WIG oprah4 hope you like them! 

On 19/03/2018 at 9:41 AM, Venus XCX said:

Whenever You Call underrated! Even though it's not one of the most important and personal on Butterfly, its still really fun to lip sync to, never any bleak moments with WYC. If I ever got married it would be my wedding song! 

Well, that's good. tina1 I always thought you hated it. rip4 

Whenever You're Overrated sorry1 

Wow goat confirmed! sorry1 

On 19/03/2018 at 9:31 AM, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Basically! LittleTastefulDude never disappoints.  clap3One of her best ballads ever and that's the tea!