Aion

The Festive Lounge

3 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

sksks. One of her most underrated performances. Especially the ending. 

tbh all the My All performances on the Rainbow tour are underrated.

At first I thought this was from the Charmy tour! rip2 She sounds good and I see she did that iconic 99 run! Also yes dubbed but one of my fav My All performances! I'd love to hear a longer version tbh

1 minute ago, Royale said:

At first I thought this was from the Charmy tour! rip2 She sounds good and I see she did that iconic 99 run! Also yes dubbed but one of my fav My All performances! I'd love to hear a longer version tbh

The Rainbow Tour was actually quite good vocally imo, her tone was to die for. Better vocally than the Music Box tour where she was sick half the time. 

I'm not a huge fan of that My All performance on American Idol, there's something not right about her tone and enunciation in the verse. It's really annoying they dubbed it, the undubbed version was probably better as her voice was in great condition at that time.

This was easily the best My All between 2005 and 2015. The belting and runs were on point.

Just in general her voice was on point during that tour. Easily her best vocally post Charmbracelet. 

4 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

The Rainbow Tour was actually quite good vocally imo, her tone was to die for. Better vocally than the Music Box tour where she was sick half the time. 

I'm not a huge fan of that My All performance on American Idol, there's something not right about her tone and enunciation in the verse. It's really annoying they dubbed it, the undubbed version was probably better as her voice was in great condition at that time.

This was easily the best My All between 2005 and 2015. The belting and runs were on point.

Just in general her voice was on point during that tour. Easily her best vocally post Charmbracelet. 

Yeah I definitely can see why you'd think that because at certain parts of the performance her voice really does sound robotic. dead2 Also period, 2013 was her best year vocally when it comes to the past decade! Unrelated somewhat but what did you think of those performances she did at home?

1 minute ago, Royale said:

Yeah I definitely can see why you'd think that because at certain parts of the performance her voice really does sound robotic. dead2 Also period, 2013 was her best year vocally when it comes to the past decade! Unrelated somewhat but what did you think of those performances she did at home?

Her best years vocally in the past decade were 2010, 2013 and 2016. The Emancipation acapellas were amazing and once again proved that she can still belt in to the 5th octave with relative ease, she just gets bad stage fright due to years of media attacks. Always Be My Baby and Hero were cute too, i hope she does more of them i'd love if she done Fly Like A Bird. 

2 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Her best years vocally in the past decade were 2010, 2013 and 2016. The Emancipation acapellas were amazing and once again proved that she can still belt in to the 5th octave with relative ease, she just gets bad stage fright due to years of media attacks. Always Be My Baby and Hero were cute too, i hope she does more of them i'd love if she done Fly Like A Bird. 

2010 is kinda underrated yes, but honestly I don't think 2016 is all that, even though it isn't bad and miles ahead of 2015 who was her worst year vocally imo. To me 2014 had a better tone and she could somewhat hit the notes with ease, or had less troubles doing in than in 2016 (especially in December, excluding the AIWFCIY fiasco)

3 minutes ago, Royale said:

2010 is kinda underrated yes, but honestly I don't think 2016 is all that, even though it isn't bad and miles ahead of 2015 who was her worst year vocally imo. To me 2014 had a better tone and she could somewhat hit the notes with ease, or had less troubles doing in than in 2016 (especially in December, excluding the AIWFCIY fiasco)

2014 was more raspy and less consistent. The start of 2016 she was consistent and very confident, although a bit too nasal. Her voice is in better condition now and her tone is more healthy, despite that she's lost ease when it comes to belting (possibly due to Menopause and as mentioned before stage fright). 

2 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

2014 was more raspy and less consistent. The start of 2016 she was consistent and very confident, although a bit too nasal. Her voice is in better condition now and her tone is more healthy, despite that she's lost ease when it comes to belting (possibly due to Menopause and as mentioned before stage fright). 

At least we can agree that 2015 was her worst year rip2 Glad that she seems to be doing better now indeed. Also we need to think of ways we could get this section back on track. Big Brother games? Megarates? Listening parties? Do you have any idea jj2 

10 minutes ago, Royale said:

At least we can agree that 2015 was her worst year rip2 Glad that she seems to be doing better now indeed. Also we need to think of ways we could get this section back on track. Big Brother games? Megarates? Listening parties? Do you have any idea jj2 

2015 had its moments. Overall Summer 2017 was worse. The thing with Mariah is you can tell by her stage prescense when she's not comfortable or going through something. For example just look how stiff she was in 2009 after her miscarriage, same in early 2015 after her divorce and 2017 after NYE. 

I was thinking of doing a thread where I go through each Mariah album and give my opinion along with a rating for each song on the album and a rating for the album as a whole. I might make a start tomorrow.

We could maybe also start a thread for posting and discussing underrated and/or hidden tour performances. 

11 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

2015 had its moments. Overall Summer 2017 was worse. The thing with Mariah is you can tell by her stage prescense when she's not comfortable or going through something. For example just look how stiff she was in 2009 after her miscarriage, same in early 2015 after her divorce and 2017 after NYE. 

I was thinking of doing a thread where I go through each Mariah album and give my opinion along with a rating for each song on the album and a rating for the album as a whole. I might make a start tomorrow.

We could maybe also start a thread for posting and discussing underrated and/or hidden tour performances. 

I agree with your points, but I think what really makes the difference to me is the drastic change in tone from 2013 to 2015. We can agree to disagree, even though the last part of your argument was relevant.

Feel free to do it! I'll be supporting your thread. jj2 

4 hours ago, Royale said:

I agree with your points, but I think what really makes the difference to me is the drastic change in tone from 2013 to 2015. We can agree to disagree, even though the last part of your argument was relevant.

Feel free to do it! I'll be supporting your thread. jj2 

But what we can all get behind is that the Stella years were some of her worst years yet rip4 I'm glad she moved on and released Caution cause girl, it got to the point where I almost unstanned her. It was like I didn't know her at all dead2

Just now, Sylk said:

I'm good, how are you? <3

Doing great myself! <3

Glad to see the Mariah section back though! giveup3

Btw are you excited for her book?? I really hope she reveals more details about some stuff tbh

1 minute ago, Jon. said:

Doing great myself! <3

Glad to see the Mariah section back though! giveup3

Btw are you excited for her book?? I really hope she reveals more details about some stuff tbh

yes i am!! She apparently had alot more stuff planned for this year, I hope she gets to release the book i cant wait for itgiveup3

2 minutes ago, Sylk said:

yes i am!! She apparently had alot more stuff planned for this year, I hope she gets to release the book i cant wait for itgiveup3

imagine if she releases a song alongside the book... giveup3 invented promo luv! creep1