Aion

The Festive Lounge

4 minutes ago, Jon. said:

imagine if she releases a song alongside the book... giveup3 invented promo luv! creep1

it would be a concept omg!! a song like Portrait or something 

2 minutes ago, Sylk said:

it would be a concept omg!! a song like Portrait or something 

yes tbh! i think it would be amazing giveup3

and then in 2021 hopefully we'll get a Drake-Mariah collab smash hit giveup3 the other day Drake posted a pic of Moo out of the blue on his IG story so that's why rumours about that got sparked again

1 hour ago, Sylk said:

gifbase - #mariahcarey #festive #christmas #extrafestiveversion

*Special deluxe anniversary extra festive celebratory edition. moo11

1 hour ago, Jon. said:

and then in 2021 hopefully we'll get a Drake-Mariah collab smash hit giveup3 the other day Drake posted a pic of Moo out of the blue on his IG story so that's why rumours about that got sparked again

MC16 could happen within the next year, she's been in the studio and has hinted that the next album is coming sooner than we all think. We need a Ariana-Mariah collab too tbh.

1 hour ago, Jon. said:

Am I the only one who’s not that eager for an album yet? I mean I sure am always excited for new Mariah music but I feel like we got Caution two minutes ago. ari6 But then again, the earlier we get it, the better. Not waiting five years again for an album lmao. 

7 minutes ago, Royale said:

Am I the only one who’s not that eager for an album yet? I mean I sure am always excited for new Mariah music but I feel like we got Caution two minutes ago. ari6 But then again, the earlier we get it, the better. Not waiting five years again for an album lmao. 

If the new album came in early 2021 it would be 2 and a half years since Caution, which isn't that soon. I think this year we'll more likely get a re-release or a greatest hits type album with hidden tracks or live recordings. Perhaps some concert footage will go up on youtube. 

6 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

If the new album came in early 2021 it would be 2 and a half years since Caution, which isn't that soon. I think this year we'll more likely get a re-release or a greatest hits type album with hidden tracks or live recordings. Perhaps some concert footage will go up on youtube. 

Where does that come from? I don’t see the point of releasing yet another greatest hits album when we had Japan Best not that long ago and the one before that didn’t do so well katy8

44 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

MC16 could happen within the next year, she's been in the studio and has hinted that the next album is coming sooner than we all think. We need a Ariana-Mariah collab too tbh.

Maybe, but I still doubt it a little because with the recording process for Caution, she remained pretty consistent by letting us know (on social media) that she was working on the record throughout the year. We haven't seen her posting much about recording a new project for this one just yet but I hope I'm wrong ofc giveup1

32 minutes ago, Royale said:

I get you honestly since the Caution era happened pretty fast and their strategy didn't do well in the long run ari6 There's potential in the album that got wasted honestly giveup3 But nevertheless, having a new record out sooner or later is better than no record for five years I agree dead2

Just now, Jon. said:

I get you honestly since the Caution era happened pretty fast and their strategy didn't do well in the long run ari6 There's potential in the album that got wasted honestly giveup3 But nevertheless, having a new record out sooner or later is better than no record for five years I agree dead2

Yes! I think it has to do with how fast the Caution era went. I didn’t even have time to get sick of it and they moved on moo10 And definitely! We’ll be streaming, having listening parties, spamming we like we did for the past three years! ny1

1 minute ago, Royale said:

Yes! I think it has to do with how fast the Caution era went. I didn’t even have time to get sick of it and they moved on moo10 And definitely! We’ll be streaming, having listening parties, spamming we like we did for the past three years! ny1

Yeah, I felt like they could've capitalized on GTFO's success for example and push it harder since it was different from what she used to offer. The sample she took for the production was fresh and she worked with new producers. Imagine a top 20 for the song giveup3 Instead, they decided to be safe and released With You, which did well on AC radio but dassit dead4

After that, they decided to push that releasing album tracks (The Distance etc) narrative to push the album Xtina style, which Moo indicated that she was hesitant to do but was like "whatever" about it dead4

Meanwhile, I kinda overplayed Caution (3.5k plays or so) so im ready for a new album ny1 Excited to having a listening party with yall tho! ny1

9 minutes ago, Jon. said:

Yeah, I felt like they could've capitalized on GTFO's success for example and push it harder since it was different from what she used to offer. The sample she took for the production was fresh and she worked with new producers. Imagine a top 20 for the song giveup3 Instead, they decided to be safe and released With You, which did well on AC radio but dassit dead4

After that, they decided to push that releasing album tracks (The Distance etc) narrative to push the album Xtina style, which Moo indicated that she was hesitant to do but was like "whatever" about it dead4

Meanwhile, I kinda overplayed Caution (3.5k plays or so) so im ready for a new album ny1 Excited to having a listening party with yall tho! ny1

My thoughts exactly. GTFO was fresh and a new sound for her she should've capitalized on. The memes also seemed to help a bit but hey. dead2 Don't know about you but to this day I think With You is still the worst song on the album and I got so mad they went for it. Hated it at first, but okay with it now though. As for me I think I enjoyed Caution reasonably well! 1.5k scrobbles, but overplayed A No No (shame it flopped), GTFO and Title track.

Cant wait for that, that'd be iconic. I wonder if her Team will try to focus on promoting her songs through platforms like Tiktok etc for the new era, since she has great social media presence. We'll see, but I'm excited already! ny1

1 minute ago, Royale said:

My thoughts exactly. GTFO was fresh and a new sound for her she should've capitalized on. The memes also seemed to help a bit but hey. dead2 Don't know about you but to this day I think With You is still the worst song on the album and I got so mad they went for it. Hated it at first, but okay with it now though. As for me I think I enjoyed Caution reasonably well! 1.5k scrobbles, but overplayed A No No (shame it flopped), GTFO and Title track.

Cant wait for that, that'd be iconic. I wonder if her Team will try to focus on promoting her songs through platforms like Tiktok etc for the new era, since she has great social media presence. We'll see, but I'm excited already! ny1

omg i forgot about those memes dead2 ugh kween of making things a meme honestly, i love her so much dead2 I do agree with you that I think With You is also the weakest song on the album but I think it's mostly because it doesn't fit on the album like AT ALL. We had all these intricacies and beautiful production with the other songs + the atmospheric sound to each track but With You doesn't have that same "night" vibe if that makes sense. With You is a great song if played separately though, I do think it's one of her best if you ignore the fact that it's on the album in the first place hihi.

I don't think I overplayed ANN or title track but GTFO had like 1.2k plays and The Distance had like 600-700 plays rip4 I agree that focusing on promoting through stuff like Tiktok is gon help. Imagine if she gives birth to a meme and the song ends up smashing bc of it giveup3

57 minutes ago, Royale said:

Where does that come from? I don’t see the point of releasing yet another greatest hits album when we had Japan Best not that long ago and the one before that didn’t do so well katy8

But i don't think it'll be a great hits in that sense. I think if she did do one it would contain more rare and/or unreleased stuff rather than the "hits". 

25 minutes ago, Royale said:

I agree, for the next era promotion should be focused on social media as that's a platform where Mariah does well. Then again with Caution i think Mariah was more after acclaim and redeeming herself rather than actual sales. As for the era being short, all eras are short these days, with how accessible music is now singles will struggle to become popular after the album release.. 

6 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

But i don't think it'll be a great hits in that sense. I think if she did do one it would contain more rare and/or unreleased stuff rather than the "hits". 

I Would Like To See It GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

6 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

I agree, for the next era promotion should be focused on social media as that's a platform where Mariah does well. Then again with Caution i think Mariah was more after acclaim and redeeming herself rather than actual sales. As for the era being short, all eras are short these days, with how accessible music is now singles will struggle to become popular after the album release.. 

You are right! At this point the label wouldn't do more to push the album but I would've loved to see another music video off of the era. I'd imagine Giving Me Life having some obscure video but we all know that would've never happened. We'd have a The Distance video full of glamour shots 💋 instead. dead2

6 hours ago, Jon. said:

omg i forgot about those memes dead2 ugh kween of making things a meme honestly, i love her so much dead2 I do agree with you that I think With You is also the weakest song on the album but I think it's mostly because it doesn't fit on the album like AT ALL. We had all these intricacies and beautiful production with the other songs + the atmospheric sound to each track but With You doesn't have that same "night" vibe if that makes sense. With You is a great song if played separately though, I do think it's one of her best if you ignore the fact that it's on the album in the first place hihi.

I don't think I overplayed ANN or title track but GTFO had like 1.2k plays and The Distance had like 600-700 plays rip4 I agree that focusing on promoting through stuff like Tiktok is gon help. Imagine if she gives birth to a meme and the song ends up smashing bc of it giveup3

This dead2 No shade but With You easily could've been on E=MC2 that's why I just didn't understand why it was on Caution. We love GTFO! I have streamed this song about 600 times, a mess. This song honestly aged like fine wine! I also really enjoyed title-track at the release. No shade but fan favourite Giving Me Life can't compete in terms of streams! (It's still good though, ig) even panned songs like One Mo' Gen (one of my faves, ironically) outsold! ny1 

9 minutes ago, Royale said:

You are right! At this point the label wouldn't do more to push the album but I would've loved to see another music video off of the era. I'd imagine Giving Me Life having some obscure video but we all know that would've never happened. We'd have a The Distance video full of glamour shots 💋 instead. dead2

I'll have to find where it was, but in a interview even Mariah quite blatantly said she would've liked to have done more with the Caution era (and MIAMTEC) but record companies don't put as much money in to music videos now as they're not as important as they were 20 years ago when pretty much the only way to give a song exposure was on tv channels like MTV. I just wish she'd go back to doing videos that have a story line. Honey, Touch My Body and Obsessed were easily her best in that regard

5 minutes ago, Royale said:

This dead2 No shade but With You easily could've been on E=MC2 that's why I just didn't understand why it was on Caution. We love GTFO! I have streamed this song about 600 times, a mess. This song honestly aged like fine wine! I also really enjoyed title-track at the release. No shade but fan favourite Giving Me Life can't compete in terms of streams! (It's still good though, ig) even panned songs like One Mo' Gen (one of my faves, ironically) outsold! ny1 

I agree, Giving Me Life is one of the highlights of the album, but it's not single material. GTFO is good but i don't feel like the song goes anywhere, again a good song but not worth of being a single. A No No, The Distance & 8th Grade would've probably been the strongest singles. 

9 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

I'll have to find where it was, but in a interview even Mariah quite blatantly said she would've liked to have done more with the Caution era (and MIAMTEC) but record companies don't put as much money in to music videos now as they're not as important as they were 20 years ago when pretty much the only way to give a song exposure was on tv channels like MTV. I just wish she'd go back to doing videos that have a story line. Honey, Touch My Body and Obsessed were easily her best in that regard

Oh yes I saw that video of a fan asking her why didn't she release Faded as a single, then she responded they wouldn't her. dead2 I mean Mariah still has the money to make a video or somewhat still promote the song in some ways, but I feel like she was like whatever and gave up.

Obsessed to me is the epitome of a "glamour video", but it's so well executed and actually has a story line so yeah, it's definitely one of her best and she looked gorgeous! Touch My Body is really funny to watch too. Honey.. That was a classic.

9 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

I agree, Giving Me Life is one of the highlights of the album, but it's not single material. GTFO is good but i don't feel like the song goes anywhere, again a good song but not worth of being a single. A No No, The Distance & 8th Grade would've probably been the strongest singles. 

Oh definitely! I think GTFO was good as a promo single, or as a single it could've been the final one of the era (still would've flopped tho). Now that I think of it I don't really see a song off this album "stand out" and be lead single worthy. A No No is single material but I wouldn't see it as the first one? So yeah the aim really was to create a cohesive body of work rather than a collection of catchy songs. How do you think the era should've been?