Aion

The Festive Lounge

On 4/28/2020 at 2:22 AM, Royale said:

This dead2 No shade but With You easily could've been on E=MC2 that's why I just didn't understand why it was on Caution. We love GTFO! I have streamed this song about 600 times, a mess. This song honestly aged like fine wine! I also really enjoyed title-track at the release. No shade but fan favourite Giving Me Life can't compete in terms of streams! (It's still good though, ig) even panned songs like One Mo' Gen (one of my faves, ironically) outsold! ny1 

With You on E=MC2?? that's a surprise to hear dead2 GML is honestly my personal favourite but it's soooo long and streaming it constantly takes quite a bit of work ngl giveup2 One Mo' Gen is actually cute ngl ny1

10 hours ago, Sylk said:

listened to make it happen in the car today, her vocals are absolutely stunning and unreal !

live versions >>> studio version rose1 and that's on periodT luv!

14 minutes ago, Jon. said:

With You on E=MC2?? that's a surprise to hear dead2 GML is honestly my personal favourite but it's soooo long and streaming it constantly takes quite a bit of work ngl giveup2 One Mo' Gen is actually cute ngl ny1

It sounds like some 2008 R&B to me ngl rip2 I never tried to stream GML on repeat. I must not even imagine my plays for it because they must be tragic dead2 Also unrelated but followed you back on lfm! ny1  

30 minutes ago, Royale said:

It sounds like some 2008 R&B to me ngl rip2 I never tried to stream GML on repeat. I must not even imagine my plays for it because they must be tragic dead2 Also unrelated but followed you back on lfm! ny1  

I def need to listen to some old 2008 R&B tbh cause I can't remember them too much rip2 I did try a few times but it's way too long for me to stream it through and through so I getchu tbh dead2

omg WIG at the Last FM follow, it's gon be awesome oop- ny1

49 minutes ago, Jon. said:

live versions >>> studio version rose1 and that's on periodT luv!

Yesss.

My favourites.

And pretty much every 2009/10 performance, i wish she had done the full song though. Her belting in this era was fire.

10 minutes ago, Jon. said:

I def need to listen to some old 2008 R&B tbh cause I can't remember them too much rip2 I did try a few times but it's way too long for me to stream it through and through so I getchu tbh dead2

omg WIG at the Last FM follow, it's gon be awesome oop- ny1

It's crazy because I really thought we already had followed each other before? interesting1 Whatever I'd still do it over and over! As for some 2008 R&B there are songs like Irreplaceable etc. But WY is more polished and remastered so yeah it's sound quality is ofc much superior to those songs but I think it's not really "modern"for a Murda produced song rip2 

17 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Yesss.

My favourites.

And pretty much every 2009/10 performance, i wish she had done the full song though. Her belting in this era was fire.

omg... all of these PERFORMANCES giveup3 she really do amazingly with this song live tbh giveup1

17 hours ago, Royale said:

It's crazy because I really thought we already had followed each other before? interesting1 Whatever I'd still do it over and over! As for some 2008 R&B there are songs like Irreplaceable etc. But WY is more polished and remastered so yeah it's sound quality is ofc much superior to those songs but I think it's not really "modern"for a Murda produced song rip2 

Funnily enough I don't recall but I'm glad we finally followed each other so creep1 O god, not Irreplaceable but i get where you're coming from dead2 any predictions on how her next album is gon sound like creep1 

3 hours ago, Sylk said:

tea I love the live performances! omg an idea thread 

whew we stan inspiration in this household ny1

4 hours ago, Jon. said:

Funnily enough I don't recall but I'm glad we finally followed each other so creep1 O god, not Irreplaceable but i get where you're coming from dead2 any predictions on how her next album is gon sound like creep1 

I feel like she's kinda done it at all this point nnn. I'd love to see a "lighter" pop album à la E=MC as Caution was quite "dark" but I'm 100% sure she'll never get back to it. I have no idea honestly she might surprise us and go full Gospel or Jazz or sumn. You legend?

15 hours ago, Royale said:

I feel like she's kinda done it at all this point nnn. I'd love to see a "lighter" pop album à la E=MC as Caution was quite "dark" but I'm 100% sure she'll never get back to it. I have no idea honestly she might surprise us and go full Gospel or Jazz or sumn. You legend?

Omg a lighter, airier sounding album would be amazing tbh! Ngl Caution was just right down my alley, what an amazing reinvention within the space that she's familiar with too giveup3 All I want from her is to continue to shake us with amazing samples cause for example, that synth sample on GTFO almost made me cry because I never thought she would sample from Porter Robinson. Personally, I hope she comes through with some more Caution-like material but more lighter and "brighter" as you mentioned. Caution sounds really good especially if you listen to it at night ngl giveup1 

If she goes jazz, I lowkey want her to try out some experimental type of stuff and not just traditional jazz. Imagine a collab between Kendrick and Mariah in a jazz-infused uptempo song or smt rose1 BuT more importantly, I want her to continue working with Dev Hynes + new producers just like what she did for Caution rose1

2 hours ago, Jon. said:

Omg a lighter, airier sounding album would be amazing tbh! Ngl Caution was just right down my alley, what an amazing reinvention within the space that she's familiar with too giveup3 All I want from her is to continue to shake us with amazing samples cause for example, that synth sample on GTFO almost made me cry because I never thought she would sample from Porter Robinson. Personally, I hope she comes through with some more Caution-like material but more lighter and "brighter" as you mentioned. Caution sounds really good especially if you listen to it at night ngl giveup1 

If she goes jazz, I lowkey want her to try out some experimental type of stuff and not just traditional jazz. Imagine a collab between Kendrick and Mariah in a jazz-infused uptempo song or smt rose1 BuT more importantly, I want her to continue working with Dev Hynes + new producers just like what she did for Caution rose1

Oh you're right. I really want to continue experimenting her sound with newer producers because that really worked out for her with Caution. Miss Bourelly, Blood Orange etc should be brought back! rose1 I'd love to see her actually work with someone like Daniel Caesar and not one of his producers or so.. As long as the album ends up aging like the finest of wines anyway I don't mind. Points about the jazz part, whew! We should make a thread about what we'd like to see for ha next album! rose1

On 4/30/2020 at 1:23 PM, Royale said:

Oh you're right. I really want to continue experimenting her sound with newer producers because that really worked out for her with Caution. Miss Bourelly, Blood Orange etc should be brought back! rose1 I'd love to see her actually work with someone like Daniel Caesar and not one of his producers or so.. As long as the album ends up aging like the finest of wines anyway I don't mind. Points about the jazz part, whew! We should make a thread about what we'd like to see for ha next album! rose1

I agree, can we also just appreciate what a bop A No No was, shame the remixes were a mess but even now that song with a more relevant rapper could've been a huge hit. I'm normally not a huge fan of when older artists try to chase current sounds, but i feel like at the moment the current sounds in popular music (if there's such a thing) fit her style really well. Songs like A No No, GTFO, Givin' Me Life etc show this off really well. Caution was a cute album at only 10 tracks, but part of me wishes it was longer so we could get another ballad and a few more fast tempo songs like A No No. Perhaps controversial but i'd love if she done a more rap style of song, even if it was just a random B-Side on her next album. 

On 4/30/2020 at 4:38 PM, Jon. said:

"airier sounding" Nope, not here for another Charmbracelet. Something as relaxed and as sexy as Caution, however, is very much wished for.

hi y'all. i've made a few attempts to post outside of Create a Label and be active in my faves threads and have failed, so let's see if it'll stick this time moo9

When are we going to do a #JusticeForEmotions? Her best album deserves! moo5

5 minutes ago, Love So Soft said:

hi y'all. i've made a few attempts to post outside of Create a Label and be active in my faves threads and have failed, so let's see if it'll stick this time moo9

When are we going to do a #JusticeForEmotions? Her best album deserves! moo5

Hi! jj2 I just checked your profile (oop) and your first username here really sounds familiar to me. Hope you're doing alright jj2  

1 minute ago, Royale said:

Hi! jj2 I just checked your profile (oop) and your first username here really sounds familiar to me. Hope you're doing alright jj2  

Oh wow it has been a while since I last used that name. Thanks legend. I hope you are too! How might we know each other? jj2 

4 minutes ago, Love So Soft said:

Oh wow it has been a while since I last used that name. Thanks legend. I hope you are too! How might we know each other? jj2 

Oh we don't know each other but I think we were using the same forum years ago! rip2 And I remembered your username from that place. I didn't know you were a CAL player here though whit2