Aion

The Festive Lounge

11 minutes ago, Royale said:

Loving to see the #sparkle in your username btw! oprah15 I haven't really listened to it so that'd be a first for me! What are your fave tracks?

I love it too! I’m gonna make an avatar when I’m on my computer nat2 I love the whole album so my top tracks change all the time but right now it’s 911, Fun Tonight and Sine From Above yas2 

3 minutes ago, Royalty said:

I love it too! I’m gonna make an avatar when I’m on my computer nat2 I love the whole album so my top tracks change all the time but right now it’s 911, Fun Tonight and Sine From Above yas2 

Queen of avatars! rose1 You really must like it then! Can't wait to be the judge of that! nat2 Are you full free next week btw? Maybe we can do a listening party for this section, one for Rih and Chromatica!

On 5/25/2020 at 8:13 AM, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Question for ya'll: Is Trey Lorenz gay? I am getting the vibes but I can't find anything about his personal life. 

he isn't! i've read that he is or at least was married to a woman.

42 minutes ago, tomás said:

god i love this performance SO much. the rasp in mariah's voice and how precise and agile her runs were... whew

It's very simlair to Zurich in 2003, except Zurich had much better belts and whistles. 

50 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

It's very simlair to Zurich in 2003, except Zurich had much better belts and whistles. 

idk about the whistles rip4 during charmy tour her whistles sounded super weak to me (bar the intro scale she used to do) and were sometimes flat

4 hours ago, tomás said:

idk about the whistles rip4 during charmy tour her whistles sounded super weak to me (bar the intro scale she used to do) and were sometimes flat

How can a whistle be flat? Genuinely asking. Weak yes, but flat? Interesting tbh! Serving "whistle tones have resonance" rip2 

24 minutes ago, Royale said:

How can a whistle be flat? Genuinely asking. Weak yes, but flat? Interesting tbh! Serving "whistle tones have resonance" rip2 

a flat whistle just means that the whistle's executed in a lower note than what the key requires or what it's supposed to be dead2 if mariah were to sing the C#5's belts in Make it Happen as C5 it'd be flat, and if she were to sing them at D5 it'd be sharp. the key she was singing Vision of Love in in 2003 made the whistle be a F#6 but iirc she often went flat and sang it at F6. it's basically singing offkey

1 minute ago, tomás said:

a flat whistle just means that the whistle's executed in a lower note than what the key requires or what it's supposed to be dead2 if mariah were to sing the C#5's belts in Make it Happen as C5 it'd be flat, and if she were to sing them at D5 it'd be sharp. the key she was singing Vision of Love in in 2003 made the whistle be a F#6 but iirc she often went flat and sang it at F6. it's basically singing offkey

Oh yes of course but I didn't think this reasoning would apply to whistles interesting1 Only because they aren't like typical belts but yeah I guess that's just me! Thanks for explaining interesting1 

3 minutes ago, Royale said:

Oh yes of course but I didn't think this reasoning would apply to whistles interesting1 Only because they aren't like typical belts but yeah I guess that's just me! Thanks for explaining interesting1 

it applies to any note in any register! it's entirely about the sound being emitted and how it goes with the key the song is in, not in what way or how good technically. if that weren the case xtina would be flatter than a table ajay1

2 hours ago, tomás said:

it applies to any note in any register! it's entirely about the sound being emitted and how it goes with the key the song is in, not in what way or how good technically. if that weren the case xtina would be flatter than a table ajay1

I really can't keep up with all the vocal stuff. That shit's not for me at all but I still like to watch those *omg G#5!* videos ajay1 

2 minutes ago, Royale said:

I really can't keep up with all the vocal stuff. That shit's not for me at all but I still like to watch those *omg G#5!* videos ajay1 

the way these fags get so worked up when mariah squeezes out a F#5 once every 10 months... ajay1

1 minute ago, tomás said:

the way these fags get so worked up when mariah squeezes out a F#5 once every 10 months... ajay1

Tbh I don't even care about how high a note can be, but how agile her voice is while she sings it, if that makes sense? Like those notes are cute but if you can't sound good or constisent while hitting them.. it ain't cute! ajay1 

1 minute ago, Royale said:

Tbh I don't even care about how high a note can be, but how agile her voice is while she sings it, if that makes sense? Like those notes are cute but if you can't sound good or constisent while hitting them.. it ain't cute! ajay1 

her agility is back thank god, the runs she's been doing lately... ajay1

50 minutes ago, tomás said:

her agility is back thank god, the runs she's been doing lately... ajay1

Haven't heard Mariah sing live in a while tbh. dead2 And I don't mean her cute little a cappellas she posts, but in a concert! I take your word for it tho