Aion

The Festive Lounge

3 minutes ago, Royale said:

Thank you so much! This year has been difficult but I hope I'll be able to sort everything out. true1 Soon true1 Have you set goals for yourself for the end of the year?

To be less messy perhaps? @Entea true1 

1 minute ago, Billie Frank said:

Honestly i'd love to travel Europe one day, but i only fluently speak English (and a few variations of it...) so it gives me anxiety. I've only been to Germany twice and Turkey once. 

Don't worry, we were a group of French young adults with some of us barely speaking English. rip4 English will be enough anywhere you go in Europe (especially Germany tbh)

I did quite a few countries, but there are also others I refuse to go to for some reason (that seem obvious to me) true1 Aside from that, it's no big deal. Do you know which countries you'd like to visit tho?

2 minutes ago, Royale said:

Thank you so much! This year has been difficult but I hope I'll be able to sort everything out. true1 Soon true1 Have you set goals for yourself for the end of the year?

Get a stable job in website development is the first step jj2

9 minutes ago, Royalty said:

Give us the tea true1 

sksksk nah, nothing happened but I while everyone was watching football (yikes, ikr) I said fuck it Imma go alone visit the city. So I took a Lime and visited on my own with headphones in. Fantastic experience, but I had this really long coat, chelsea boots etc.. So while I was enjoying my ride, I came accross about five young guys: idk what they were doing but they seemed a biT dangerous ngl! At some point I was worried because the Lime was starting to slow down. But when I saw them I didn't pay attention and was fast enough to pass without having any trouble. But if I weren't lucky, idk what would've happened! true1

Just now, Royale said:

Don't worry, we were a group of French young adults with some of us barely speaking English. rip4 English will be enough anywhere you go in Europe (especially Germany tbh)

I did quite a few countries, but there are also others I refuse to go to for some reason (that seem obvious to me) true1 Aside from that, it's no big deal. Do you know which countries you'd like to visit tho?

That sounds interesting. It doesn't help that where i am in the Uk most places are pretty far away, even London on the train is like 7-8 hours. I just always fear that moment where you're in a shop or restaurant trying to order something and the person serving doesn't speak English so has no clue what you're saying, a friend of mine went to Paris a few years back and exact that happened. dead2 I can understand that, there's certain countries i wouldn't visit too, i honestly don't feel conformable going to countries that are homophobic especially. I'd love to visit some of the Scandinavian countries along with France and Germany again - Berlin especially. However before i do that i have plenty places in the UK i want to visit, it's only a few hours in the car but i'd love to visit the Isle Of Skye and much of the West Coast of Scotland.

On 6/12/2021 at 2:42 AM, Billie Frank said:

That sounds interesting. It doesn't help that where i am in the Uk most places are pretty far away, even London on the train is like 7-8 hours. I just always fear that moment where you're in a shop or restaurant trying to order something and the person serving doesn't speak English so has no clue what you're saying, a friend of mine went to Paris a few years back and exact that happened. dead2 I can understand that, there's certain countries i wouldn't visit too, i honestly don't feel conformable going to countries that are homophobic especially. I'd love to visit some of the Scandinavian countries along with France and Germany again - Berlin especially. However before i do that i have plenty places in the UK i want to visit, it's only a few hours in the car but i'd love to visit the Isle Of Skye and much of the West Coast of Scotland.

The French honestly don't make much effort when it comes to English. Gross generalization, but with friends in Paris we wanted to trick people into thinking we were English speakers, which we did. We asked them how to go from a particular place to an other, and it was funny AF because most people couldn't respond. ajay1 But to be fair, we were targeting people who seemed to be in their 30s; pretty sure younger people would do better. Plus I personally have trouble with English accents, so maybe that didn't help! ajay1

Visit the South of France! You'll most likely love it. (Nice, Cannes, Antibes, Marseille to an extent). ari3

3 minutes ago, Royale said:

The French honestly don't make much effort when it comes to English. Gross generalization, but with friends in Paris we wanted to trick people into thinking we were English speakers, which we did. We asked them how to go from a particular place to an other, and it was funny AF because most people couldn't respond. ajay1 But to be fair, we were targeting people who seemed to be in their 30s; pretty sure younger people would do better. Plus I personally have trouble with English accents, so maybe that didn't help! ajay1

Visit the South of France! You'll most likely love it. (Nice, Cannes, Antibes, Marseille to an extent). ari3

To be fair most European countries do a far better job at teaching English than the UK does at teaching other languages. We did do French and German in secondary school but it was limited and i can't really say i learned anything from it. 

It's a good thing i'm not English then. lol2 That said even i struggle with accents from England at times, they way they pronounce certain words and phrases is different to how we would in Scotland so it can be confusing. As just one example with the word "Bath" in England (especially in the Midlands/South) they would pronounce it with an "aw" sound, whereas in Scotland we would use an "ah" sound like they do in American English, obviously i can still understand what they're saying it's just the pronunciation can throw me off temporarily. That being said i have a friend who's from Newcastle and i have to get him to speak slowly as otherwise i have no clue what he's saying. dead2

The South of France is beautiful, i'd love to go even if the heat would literally kill me. fall9

17 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

I've not heard that in fucking years. I think it was a hit here. dead2dead2dead2

I'm pretty sure it was released around the same time as this iconic #2 smash. rip3

Not y’all stanning  for the corniest shite ari9 although we do have our moments too, don’t worry 

11 minutes ago, Royale said:

Not y’all stanning  for the corniest shite ari9 although we do have our moments too, don’t worry 

We're a mess. At least this wasn't a #1 hit in your country and the best selling song of the entire year despite being released at the start of December. dead2

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

We're a mess. At least this wasn't a #1 hit in your country and the best selling song of the entire year despite being released at the start of December. dead2

Reveal hidden contents

What? Lmaoo which year was this. we have quite a few shit songs for kids which OLIBERATED the charts as well 💀 Ilona smashed through the entirety of 2006. She’s so GLOBAL that even @Simón. stans i- 

13 minutes ago, Royale said:

What? Lmaoo which year was this. we have quite a few shit songs for kids which OLIBERATED the charts as well 💀 Ilona smashed through the entirety of 2006. She’s so GLOBAL that even @Simón. stans i- 

I wish i was making it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can_We_Fix_It%3F

"Can We Fix It?" became the UK Christmas number one single of 2000, beating Westlife's "What Makes a Man" to the top spot. It was the biggest-selling single of the year in the United Kingdom, appearing 10th on the decade-end chart and 80th on the all-time UK best-sellers list. 

Alex F was massive here and a global smash pretty much everywhere except the US (where it peaked at #50). I've never heard the other two but the production Ilona song lowkey reminds me of this horror:

This is another cringy 00s UK hit, the less said about certain people in the video (cough Jimmy Savile on the right at 1:04) the better...

18 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

I wish i was making it up.

Alex F was massive here and a global smash pretty much everywhere except the US (where it peaked at #50). I've never heard the other two but the production Ilona song lowkey reminds me of this horror:

This is another cringy 00s UK hit, the less said about certain people in the video (cough Jimmy Savile on the right at 1:04) the better...

You better put some respect on the Gummy Bear smash hit though. ari3 Jokes, it's just as bad as the others. If I had to pick one out of these, I'd go for legend Crazy Frog!

13 minutes ago, Royale said:

You better put some respect on the Gummy Bear smash hit though. ari3 Jokes, it's just as bad as the others. If I had to pick one out of these, I'd go for legend Crazy Frog!

Crazy Frog is just too iconic. fall9

Jokes aside there were actually some brilliant songs made in the 70s/80s/90s for UK kids shows that weren't cringy and very wholesome. I'm sorry but the original Fireman Sam theme is better than some of the faves entire discographies. cry9