The Festive Lounge

I wasn't too keen on MIAMTEC at first but it's such a bop. I just wish Money, One More Try and Heavenly were not on it, those three songs are just uninteresting and feel like filler. Caution is easily much more rounded and consistent. I can listen to each track on it over and over without getting bored. Where as with MIAMTEC #Beautiful in particular gets boring over time. I don't understand the dirt people give "You're Mine (Eternal)", anyone who hates on that skinny song needs to have several seats in hell. 

Chris Morlock    39,456
10 hours ago, Venus XCX said:

I wish this was on Spotify or the iTunes Store moo3 

but do you have any of the songs ive listed moo3 

Hylia    78,540
12 hours ago, Venus XCX said:

Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse is the album that introduced to me to Mariah's artistry... it has a bit of everything: her signature ballads that are among her best (You're Mine (Eternal), The Art of Letting Go, Camouflage, Cry.) RnB/Hip Hop infused bops (#Beautiful, Thirsty, Dedicated) and disco-esque bangers (You Don't Know What Do, Meteorite) that are a breath of fresh air in Mariah's discography. You'll love this album since you love those songs you mentioned. clap3 Then get into THE opus Butterfly. We should have listening parties to introduce Mystique to the good sis jj3 @Sylk @Mamacita @Chris Morlock @LittleDudeNT5 @Juinae @Hylia @Urbanov

If I’m free when any listening parties happen, I’ll be there! jj2 

LittleDudeNT5    4,110
13 hours ago, Venus XCX said:

Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse is the album that introduced to me to Mariah's artistry... it has a bit of everything: her signature ballads that are among her best (You're Mine (Eternal), The Art of Letting Go, Camouflage, Cry.) RnB/Hip Hop infused bops (#Beautiful, Thirsty, Dedicated) and disco-esque bangers (You Don't Know What Do, Meteorite) that are a breath of fresh air in Mariah's discography. You'll love this album since you love those songs you mentioned. clap3 Then get into THE opus Butterfly. We should have listening parties to introduce Mystique to the good sis jj3 @Sylk @Mamacita @Chris Morlock @LittleDudeNT5 @Juinae @Hylia @Urbanov

I think MIAMTEC is a good way to go after Caution. Even if @Mystique doesn't rate the entire album highly, I bet they'll find some bops on there! (I listen to it more than most of her other post-2000s albums, sans Emancipation) A good enough segueway before going onto the fan-favorite/critically-acclaimed/factually-best Butterfly!

I'm all for listening parties! moo8 

Luca    34,480

Can we appreciate GTFO literally being an amazing, underrated gem that deserves so much more? oprah2 

Nosleep    43

GTFO, The Distance, Caution, With you, Giving me Life are all superb. 

I cannot get into A No No ! 

Darth Sidious    7,129

All I Want for Christmas is You just earned its 3rd gold certification in Germany, denoting 750,000 total certified sales. 

Which, incidentally, brings AIWFCIY's total certified sales to 12.3 million copies.

Darth Sidious    7,129

It's sitting at #10 on US iTunes -- #7 on the US Spotify Chart, as well as maintaining a varying leading between 1-5 on countless ancillary charts -- the music video and the black and white version are averaging 1.8-2 million views a day. There are four cycles left until the season ends, I honestly don't see how this song doesn't re-peak somewhere in the Top 5. Its chances at #1 are so good, better than they ever have been since this phenomenon started -- but I'll honestly feel better making my guess next week.  

Chris Morlock    39,456
On 11/27/2018 at 11:56 AM, Luca said:

Can we appreciate GTFO literally being an amazing, underrated gem that deserves so much more? oprah2 

it really does oprah2 

the perfect way to start an era is to make the negative people leave oprah2 

Sylk    140,845
49 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

I actually heard "Oh Santa!" on the radio today! jj4 I was shook!

the impact of AIWFCIY's young sister

LittleDudeNT5    4,110
3 minutes ago, Sylk said:

the impact of AIWFCIY's young sister

Tbh it sounded so much better on the radio than I does from when I listened to it before. antm1

Sylk    140,845
9 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Tbh it sounded so much better on the radio than I does from when I listened to it before. antm1

It's actually a very good song, I'm surprised it didn't catch on like it's predecessor, it has a classic feel to it!

LittleDudeNT5    4,110
8 minutes ago, Sylk said:

It's actually a very good song, I'm surprised it didn't catch on like it's predecessor, it has a classic feel to it!

Give it 15 years? 

Sylk    140,845
2 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Give it 15 years? 

sksks maybe anyways have u heard MC2Y?

LittleDudeNT5    4,110
13 hours ago, Sylk said:

sksks maybe anyways have u heard MC2Y?

I heard all the originals jj2 I like Christmas Time Is In the Air Again and When Christmas Comes

Chris Morlock    39,456
17 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

I heard all the originals jj2 I like Christmas Time Is In the Air Again and When Christmas Comes

listen to Oh Santa! clap1