Jump to content
Aion

The Festive Lounge

Recommended Posts

amybody have these to PM me?

https://www.discogs.com/Mariah-12s/release/173767

brit11 

  1. Someday (12" Jackswing Mix)    6:56
  2. Someday (12" House Mix)    6:50
  3. There's Got To Be A Way (12" Remix)    8:21
  4. There's Got To Be A Way (Alt. Vocal Club Mix)    6:44
  5. Emotions (C&C Club Mix)    5:48
  6. Emotions (C&C Club No.1 Mix)    7:42
  7. Make It Happen (C&C Classic Mix)    5:22
  8. Make It Happen (C&C Classic Mix)    6:15
  9. Dream Lover (Def Club Mix)    10:43
  10. Dream Lover (USA Love Dub)    7:10
  11. Anytime You Need A Friend (All That And More Mix)    10:53
  12. Anytime You Need A Friend (C&C Club Mix)    10:50
  13. Anytime You Need A Friend (Ministry Of Sound Mix)    9:43
  14. Anytime You Need A Friend (Soul Convention Remix)    4:50
  15. Fantasy (Def Club Mix)    11:14
  16. Fantasy (The Boss Mix)    8:50
  17. Fantasy (Puffy's Mix)    4:54
  18. Fantasy (Bad Boy WIth O.D.B.)    4:53
  19. Always Be My Baby (Always Club)    10:24
  20. Always Be My Baby (ST Dub)    7:12
  21. Always Be My Baby (Mr Dupri Extended Mix)    5:30
  22. Honey (Classic Mix)    8:05
  23. Honey (Morales Club Dub)    10:58
  24. Honey (Bad Boy Remix)    5:32
  25. Honey (So So Def Mix)    5:12
  26. My All (Morales Club Mix)    9:06
  27. My All (Full Crew Main Mix)    4:38
  28. My All (So So Def Mix)    4:48
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Mystique said:

@Sylk @lambs ok Caution is my first Mariah album and it's literally such a bop oprah11 I'm obsessed.mp3 with most of the songs especially A No No, GTFO, With You, One Mo' Gen oprah11 what should I listen to next oprah11

The taste! One Mo' Gen is so sexy ugh oprah11

 Ofcourse her most acclaimed next to Caution, Butterfly is the IT girl oprah11  Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse is cute too oprah11 Or maybe if you are in a bopier mood then E=MC2 (Caution's older sister) oprah11

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mystique said:

@Sylk @lambs ok Caution is my first Mariah album and it's literally such a bop oprah11 I'm obsessed.mp3 with most of the songs especially A No No, GTFO, With You, One Mo' Gen oprah11 what should I listen to next oprah11

im still quite new but for me its been

 

Me I Am Mariah (my first full Mariah album)

Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel

Caution

Daydream

Mariah Carey

Emancipation of Mimi and its sister album E=MC2

Emotions

Charmbracelet

Rainbow

 

listen to both of her Christmas albums Merry Christmas and Merry Christmas II You whenever you find yourself in a #Festive mood.

 

im not missing an album am i? @Sylk

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting so fed up with people obsessing over Caution's debut week number. 

Before I get into my essay, keep this mind, MIAMTEC debuted with only slightly higher numbers, and when you factor in all of the bullshit that's happened to her since that album, the fact that she debuted only a few thousand copies under that number is not that bad in my opinion. I think it'll end up matching MIAMTEC's sales in the US, barring one of the singles taking off, and the international numbers will be the saving grace. That album will move another 100,000 across the globe, it'll be enough for her label to consider the album a wash at the very least. 

And even if it didn't, it really shouldn't matter, because she isn't 20 years old anymore -- she's done everything that she ever wanted to do in the music industry, reached heights and seen stars that today's being singers will only dream of seeing. She's one of the best selling artists of all time, she has a catalogue worth hundreds of millions of dollars and studded with hits, we should be grateful that she still has passion for this shit at a time when the business is so passionless. At the very least, she has the fucking Christmas song that will ensure that she always remains rich enough to do this because she wants to do it, and not because has to do it. 

So shut the hell up and enjoy the music -- it's her best album in ten years to be honest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mamacita said:

I'm getting so fed up with people obsessing over Caution's debut week number. 

Before I get into my essay, keep this mind, MIAMTEC debuted with only slightly higher numbers, and when you factor in all of the bullshit that's happened to her since that album, the fact that she debuted only a few thousand copies under that number is not that bad in my opinion. I think it'll end up matching MIAMTEC's sales in the US, barring one of the singles taking off, and the international numbers will be the saving grace. That album will move another 100,000 across the globe, it'll be enough for her label to consider the album a wash at the very least. 

And even if it didn't, it really shouldn't matter, because she isn't 20 years old anymore -- she's done everything that she ever wanted to do in the music industry, reached heights and seen stars that today's being singers will only dream of seeing. She's one of the best selling artists of all time, she has a catalogue worth hundreds of millions of dollars and studded with hits, we should be grateful that she still has passion for this shit at a time when the business is so passionless. At the very least, she has the fucking Christmas song that will ensure that she always remains rich enough to do this because she wants to do it, and not because has to do it. 

So shut the hell up and enjoy the music -- it's her best album in ten years to be honest. 

I’ve been so over caring about charts and numbers for so many years, I just don’t get the appeal. Sometimes incredible music sells well, and sometimes shit music sells well. Your opinion should be based on your own thoughts, not whether or not critics or other people enjoyed the album or if it sold a ton of copies. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hylia said:

I’ve been so over caring about charts and numbers for so many years, I just don’t get the appeal. Sometimes incredible music sells well, and sometimes shit music sells well. Your opinion should be based on your own thoughts, not whether or not critics or other people enjoyed the album or if it sold a ton of copies. 

mte

And people are so determined to rub it in your face if an album bombs, it just takes away from the enjoyment of the music. 

I've never understood why some people take it so seriously, it's not like they're making any money off of it, flop or hit, we're still poor as fuck rip4

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Mamacita said:

I'm getting so fed up with people obsessing over Caution's debut week number. 

Before I get into my essay, keep this mind, MIAMTEC debuted with only slightly higher numbers, and when you factor in all of the bullshit that's happened to her since that album, the fact that she debuted only a few thousand copies under that number is not that bad in my opinion. I think it'll end up matching MIAMTEC's sales in the US, barring one of the singles taking off, and the international numbers will be the saving grace. That album will move another 100,000 across the globe, it'll be enough for her label to consider the album a wash at the very least. 

And even if it didn't, it really shouldn't matter, because she isn't 20 years old anymore -- she's done everything that she ever wanted to do in the music industry, reached heights and seen stars that today's being singers will only dream of seeing. She's one of the best selling artists of all time, she has a catalogue worth hundreds of millions of dollars and studded with hits, we should be grateful that she still has passion for this shit at a time when the business is so passionless. At the very least, she has the fucking Christmas song that will ensure that she always remains rich enough to do this because she wants to do it, and not because has to do it. 

So shut the hell up and enjoy the music -- it's her best album in ten years to be honest. 

the tea has been split! It for sure will match MIAM or slightly surpass it since she's going on tour and it's xmas time. The fact of the matter is that albums no longer sell anymore unless your overratedele or someone. The big ticket item is touring, that's why all the favs announce the tour prior to their album release. So i don't think her label is even chasing after sales or hits anymore! And it's not as if she has anything to prove anyways!

26 minutes ago, Hylia said:

I’ve been so over caring about charts and numbers for so many years, I just don’t get the appeal. Sometimes incredible music sells well, and sometimes shit music sells well. Your opinion should be based on your own thoughts, not whether or not critics or other people enjoyed the album or if it sold a ton of copies. 

I completely agree! You got me into Björk and something I admire about her is that for her it really isn't about success, she has never had a #1, she has never won a grammy but she makes incredible music and for that she is respected and hailed as one of the greats. Sales ain't everything. 

However, I do think why people consistently expect that from Mariah is because well the standards for her have been pretty high. Not just in sales but also vocals, music etc. That's why so many artists get away with terrible vocals/lip sync/terrible music but if MC just breathes in another direction she gets dragged. 

Mayhaps I will revive #SylkASKS this conversation is interesting 

Related image

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mystique said:

@Sylk @lambs ok Caution is my first Mariah album and it's literally such a bop oprah11 I'm obsessed.mp3 with most of the songs especially A No No, GTFO, With You, One Mo' Gen oprah11 what should I listen to next oprah11

Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse is the album that introduced to me to Mariah's artistry... it has a bit of everything: her signature ballads that are among her best (You're Mine (Eternal), The Art of Letting Go, Camouflage, Cry.) RnB/Hip Hop infused bops (#Beautiful, Thirsty, Dedicated) and disco-esque bangers (You Don't Know What Do, Meteorite) that are a breath of fresh air in Mariah's discography. You'll love this album since you love those songs you mentioned. clap3 Then get into THE opus Butterfly. We should have listening parties to introduce Mystique to the good sis jj3 @Sylk @Mamacita @Chris Morlock @LittleDudeNT5 @Juinae @Hylia @Urbanov

On 11/22/2018 at 7:17 AM, Chris Morlock said:
  • Honey (Bad Boy Remix)    5:32

I wish this was on Spotify or the iTunes Store moo3 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse is the album that introduced to me to Mariah's artistry... it has a bit of everything: her signature ballads that are among her best (You're Mine (Eternal), The Art of Letting Go, Camouflage, Cry.) RnB/Hip Hop infused bops (#Beautiful, Thirsty, Dedicated) and disco-esque bangers (You Don't Know What Do, Meteorite) that are a breath of fresh air in Mariah's discography. You'll love this album since you love those songs you mentioned. clap3 Then get into THE opus Butterfly. We should have listening parties to introduce Mystique to the good sis jj3 @Sylk @Mamacita @Chris Morlock @LittleDudeNT5 @Juinae @Hylia @Urbanov

I wish this was on Spotify or the iTunes Store moo3 

"she said everything I ever wanted to say" said sylk to TMZ 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't too keen on MIAMTEC at first but it's such a bop. I just wish Money, One More Try and Heavenly were not on it, those three songs are just uninteresting and feel like filler. Caution is easily much more rounded and consistent. I can listen to each track on it over and over without getting bored. Where as with MIAMTEC #Beautiful in particular gets boring over time. I don't understand the dirt people give "You're Mine (Eternal)", anyone who hates on that skinny song needs to have several seats in hell. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Venus XCX said:

Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse is the album that introduced to me to Mariah's artistry... it has a bit of everything: her signature ballads that are among her best (You're Mine (Eternal), The Art of Letting Go, Camouflage, Cry.) RnB/Hip Hop infused bops (#Beautiful, Thirsty, Dedicated) and disco-esque bangers (You Don't Know What Do, Meteorite) that are a breath of fresh air in Mariah's discography. You'll love this album since you love those songs you mentioned. clap3 Then get into THE opus Butterfly. We should have listening parties to introduce Mystique to the good sis jj3 @Sylk @Mamacita @Chris Morlock @LittleDudeNT5 @Juinae @Hylia @Urbanov

I wish this was on Spotify or the iTunes Store moo3 

If I’m free when any listening parties happen, I’ll be there! jj2 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Venus XCX said:

Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse is the album that introduced to me to Mariah's artistry... it has a bit of everything: her signature ballads that are among her best (You're Mine (Eternal), The Art of Letting Go, Camouflage, Cry.) RnB/Hip Hop infused bops (#Beautiful, Thirsty, Dedicated) and disco-esque bangers (You Don't Know What Do, Meteorite) that are a breath of fresh air in Mariah's discography. You'll love this album since you love those songs you mentioned. clap3 Then get into THE opus Butterfly. We should have listening parties to introduce Mystique to the good sis jj3 @Sylk @Mamacita @Chris Morlock @LittleDudeNT5 @Juinae @Hylia @Urbanov

I wish this was on Spotify or the iTunes Store moo3 

I think MIAMTEC is a good way to go after Caution. Even if @Mystique doesn't rate the entire album highly, I bet they'll find some bops on there! (I listen to it more than most of her other post-2000s albums, sans Emancipation) A good enough segueway before going onto the fan-favorite/critically-acclaimed/factually-best Butterfly!

 

I'm all for listening parties! moo8 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Royale

    2542

  • Firdawsi

    2379

  • Sylk

    2288

  • Tomás

    842

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

anybody remember this?      

"When do you think Mariah will get a section on fotp?" me:      

LAMB TAG UPDATE  It's time to update the lamb tag list cause most of the people are either inactive, banned, or not even real lambs!  Like or Quote this post if you want me to add you to the


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×