Aion

The Festive Lounge

4 hours ago, Royale said:

I agree with your points, but I think what really makes the difference to me is the drastic change in tone from 2013 to 2015. We can agree to disagree, even though the last part of your argument was relevant.

Feel free to do it! I'll be supporting your thread. jj2 

But what we can all get behind is that the Stella years were some of her worst years yet rip4 I'm glad she moved on and released Caution cause girl, it got to the point where I almost unstanned her. It was like I didn't know her at all dead2

Just now, Sylk said:

I'm good, how are you? <3

Doing great myself! <3

Glad to see the Mariah section back though! giveup3

Btw are you excited for her book?? I really hope she reveals more details about some stuff tbh

1 minute ago, Jon. said:

Doing great myself! <3

Glad to see the Mariah section back though! giveup3

Btw are you excited for her book?? I really hope she reveals more details about some stuff tbh

yes i am!! She apparently had alot more stuff planned for this year, I hope she gets to release the book i cant wait for itgiveup3

2 minutes ago, Sylk said:

yes i am!! She apparently had alot more stuff planned for this year, I hope she gets to release the book i cant wait for itgiveup3

imagine if she releases a song alongside the book... giveup3 invented promo luv! creep1

4 minutes ago, Jon. said:

imagine if she releases a song alongside the book... giveup3 invented promo luv! creep1

it would be a concept omg!! a song like Portrait or something 

2 minutes ago, Sylk said:

it would be a concept omg!! a song like Portrait or something 

yes tbh! i think it would be amazing giveup3

and then in 2021 hopefully we'll get a Drake-Mariah collab smash hit giveup3 the other day Drake posted a pic of Moo out of the blue on his IG story so that's why rumours about that got sparked again

1 hour ago, Sylk said:

gifbase - #mariahcarey #festive #christmas #extrafestiveversion

*Special deluxe anniversary extra festive celebratory edition. moo11

1 hour ago, Jon. said:

and then in 2021 hopefully we'll get a Drake-Mariah collab smash hit giveup3 the other day Drake posted a pic of Moo out of the blue on his IG story so that's why rumours about that got sparked again

MC16 could happen within the next year, she's been in the studio and has hinted that the next album is coming sooner than we all think. We need a Ariana-Mariah collab too tbh.

1 hour ago, Jon. said:

Am I the only one who’s not that eager for an album yet? I mean I sure am always excited for new Mariah music but I feel like we got Caution two minutes ago. ari6 But then again, the earlier we get it, the better. Not waiting five years again for an album lmao. 

7 minutes ago, Royale said:

Am I the only one who’s not that eager for an album yet? I mean I sure am always excited for new Mariah music but I feel like we got Caution two minutes ago. ari6 But then again, the earlier we get it, the better. Not waiting five years again for an album lmao. 

If the new album came in early 2021 it would be 2 and a half years since Caution, which isn't that soon. I think this year we'll more likely get a re-release or a greatest hits type album with hidden tracks or live recordings. Perhaps some concert footage will go up on youtube. 

6 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

If the new album came in early 2021 it would be 2 and a half years since Caution, which isn't that soon. I think this year we'll more likely get a re-release or a greatest hits type album with hidden tracks or live recordings. Perhaps some concert footage will go up on youtube. 

Where does that come from? I don’t see the point of releasing yet another greatest hits album when we had Japan Best not that long ago and the one before that didn’t do so well katy8

44 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

MC16 could happen within the next year, she's been in the studio and has hinted that the next album is coming sooner than we all think. We need a Ariana-Mariah collab too tbh.

Maybe, but I still doubt it a little because with the recording process for Caution, she remained pretty consistent by letting us know (on social media) that she was working on the record throughout the year. We haven't seen her posting much about recording a new project for this one just yet but I hope I'm wrong ofc giveup1

32 minutes ago, Royale said:

I get you honestly since the Caution era happened pretty fast and their strategy didn't do well in the long run ari6 There's potential in the album that got wasted honestly giveup3 But nevertheless, having a new record out sooner or later is better than no record for five years I agree dead2

Just now, Jon. said:

I get you honestly since the Caution era happened pretty fast and their strategy didn't do well in the long run ari6 There's potential in the album that got wasted honestly giveup3 But nevertheless, having a new record out sooner or later is better than no record for five years I agree dead2

Yes! I think it has to do with how fast the Caution era went. I didn’t even have time to get sick of it and they moved on moo10 And definitely! We’ll be streaming, having listening parties, spamming we like we did for the past three years! ny1

1 minute ago, Royale said:

Yes! I think it has to do with how fast the Caution era went. I didn’t even have time to get sick of it and they moved on moo10 And definitely! We’ll be streaming, having listening parties, spamming we like we did for the past three years! ny1

Yeah, I felt like they could've capitalized on GTFO's success for example and push it harder since it was different from what she used to offer. The sample she took for the production was fresh and she worked with new producers. Imagine a top 20 for the song giveup3 Instead, they decided to be safe and released With You, which did well on AC radio but dassit dead4

After that, they decided to push that releasing album tracks (The Distance etc) narrative to push the album Xtina style, which Moo indicated that she was hesitant to do but was like "whatever" about it dead4

Meanwhile, I kinda overplayed Caution (3.5k plays or so) so im ready for a new album ny1 Excited to having a listening party with yall tho! ny1