Jump to content
Aion

The Festive Lounge

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Jon. said:

Yeah, I felt like they could've capitalized on GTFO's success for example and push it harder since it was different from what she used to offer. The sample she took for the production was fresh and she worked with new producers. Imagine a top 20 for the song giveup3 Instead, they decided to be safe and released With You, which did well on AC radio but dassit dead4

After that, they decided to push that releasing album tracks (The Distance etc) narrative to push the album Xtina style, which Moo indicated that she was hesitant to do but was like "whatever" about it dead4

Meanwhile, I kinda overplayed Caution (3.5k plays or so) so im ready for a new album ny1 Excited to having a listening party with yall tho! ny1

My thoughts exactly. GTFO was fresh and a new sound for her she should've capitalized on. The memes also seemed to help a bit but hey. dead2 Don't know about you but to this day I think With You is still the worst song on the album and I got so mad they went for it. Hated it at first, but okay with it now though. As for me I think I enjoyed Caution reasonably well! 1.5k scrobbles, but overplayed A No No (shame it flopped), GTFO and Title track.

Cant wait for that, that'd be iconic. I wonder if her Team will try to focus on promoting her songs through platforms like Tiktok etc for the new era, since she has great social media presence. We'll see, but I'm excited already! ny1

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Royale said:

My thoughts exactly. GTFO was fresh and a new sound for her she should've capitalized on. The memes also seemed to help a bit but hey. dead2 Don't know about you but to this day I think With You is still the worst song on the album and I got so mad they went for it. Hated it at first, but okay with it now though. As for me I think I enjoyed Caution reasonably well! 1.5k scrobbles, but overplayed A No No (shame it flopped), GTFO and Title track.

Cant wait for that, that'd be iconic. I wonder if her Team will try to focus on promoting her songs through platforms like Tiktok etc for the new era, since she has great social media presence. We'll see, but I'm excited already! ny1

omg i forgot about those memes dead2 ugh kween of making things a meme honestly, i love her so much dead2 I do agree with you that I think With You is also the weakest song on the album but I think it's mostly because it doesn't fit on the album like AT ALL. We had all these intricacies and beautiful production with the other songs + the atmospheric sound to each track but With You doesn't have that same "night" vibe if that makes sense. With You is a great song if played separately though, I do think it's one of her best if you ignore the fact that it's on the album in the first place hihi.

I don't think I overplayed ANN or title track but GTFO had like 1.2k plays and The Distance had like 600-700 plays rip4 I agree that focusing on promoting through stuff like Tiktok is gon help. Imagine if she gives birth to a meme and the song ends up smashing bc of it giveup3

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Royale said:

Where does that come from? I don’t see the point of releasing yet another greatest hits album when we had Japan Best not that long ago and the one before that didn’t do so well katy8

But i don't think it'll be a great hits in that sense. I think if she did do one it would contain more rare and/or unreleased stuff rather than the "hits". 

25 minutes ago, Royale said:

My thoughts exactly. GTFO was fresh and a new sound for her she should've capitalized on. The memes also seemed to help a bit but hey. dead2 Don't know about you but to this day I think With You is still the worst song on the album and I got so mad they went for it. Hated it at first, but okay with it now though. As for me I think I enjoyed Caution reasonably well! 1.5k scrobbles, but overplayed A No No (shame it flopped), GTFO and Title track.

Cant wait for that, that'd be iconic. I wonder if her Team will try to focus on promoting her songs through platforms like Tiktok etc for the new era, since she has great social media presence. We'll see, but I'm excited already! ny1

I agree, for the next era promotion should be focused on social media as that's a platform where Mariah does well. Then again with Caution i think Mariah was more after acclaim and redeeming herself rather than actual sales. As for the era being short, all eras are short these days, with how accessible music is now singles will struggle to become popular after the album release.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

But i don't think it'll be a great hits in that sense. I think if she did do one it would contain more rare and/or unreleased stuff rather than the "hits". 

I Would Like To See It GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

6 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

I agree, for the next era promotion should be focused on social media as that's a platform where Mariah does well. Then again with Caution i think Mariah was more after acclaim and redeeming herself rather than actual sales. As for the era being short, all eras are short these days, with how accessible music is now singles will struggle to become popular after the album release.. 

You are right! At this point the label wouldn't do more to push the album but I would've loved to see another music video off of the era. I'd imagine Giving Me Life having some obscure video but we all know that would've never happened. We'd have a The Distance video full of glamour shots 💋 instead. dead2

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jon. said:

omg i forgot about those memes dead2 ugh kween of making things a meme honestly, i love her so much dead2 I do agree with you that I think With You is also the weakest song on the album but I think it's mostly because it doesn't fit on the album like AT ALL. We had all these intricacies and beautiful production with the other songs + the atmospheric sound to each track but With You doesn't have that same "night" vibe if that makes sense. With You is a great song if played separately though, I do think it's one of her best if you ignore the fact that it's on the album in the first place hihi.

I don't think I overplayed ANN or title track but GTFO had like 1.2k plays and The Distance had like 600-700 plays rip4 I agree that focusing on promoting through stuff like Tiktok is gon help. Imagine if she gives birth to a meme and the song ends up smashing bc of it giveup3

This dead2 No shade but With You easily could've been on E=MC2 that's why I just didn't understand why it was on Caution. We love GTFO! I have streamed this song about 600 times, a mess. This song honestly aged like fine wine! I also really enjoyed title-track at the release. No shade but fan favourite Giving Me Life can't compete in terms of streams! (It's still good though, ig) even panned songs like One Mo' Gen (one of my faves, ironically) outsold! ny1 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Royale said:

You are right! At this point the label wouldn't do more to push the album but I would've loved to see another music video off of the era. I'd imagine Giving Me Life having some obscure video but we all know that would've never happened. We'd have a The Distance video full of glamour shots 💋 instead. dead2

I'll have to find where it was, but in a interview even Mariah quite blatantly said she would've liked to have done more with the Caution era (and MIAMTEC) but record companies don't put as much money in to music videos now as they're not as important as they were 20 years ago when pretty much the only way to give a song exposure was on tv channels like MTV. I just wish she'd go back to doing videos that have a story line. Honey, Touch My Body and Obsessed were easily her best in that regard

 

5 minutes ago, Royale said:

This dead2 No shade but With You easily could've been on E=MC2 that's why I just didn't understand why it was on Caution. We love GTFO! I have streamed this song about 600 times, a mess. This song honestly aged like fine wine! I also really enjoyed title-track at the release. No shade but fan favourite Giving Me Life can't compete in terms of streams! (It's still good though, ig) even panned songs like One Mo' Gen (one of my faves, ironically) outsold! ny1 

I agree, Giving Me Life is one of the highlights of the album, but it's not single material. GTFO is good but i don't feel like the song goes anywhere, again a good song but not worth of being a single. A No No, The Distance & 8th Grade would've probably been the strongest singles. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

I'll have to find where it was, but in a interview even Mariah quite blatantly said she would've liked to have done more with the Caution era (and MIAMTEC) but record companies don't put as much money in to music videos now as they're not as important as they were 20 years ago when pretty much the only way to give a song exposure was on tv channels like MTV. I just wish she'd go back to doing videos that have a story line. Honey, Touch My Body and Obsessed were easily her best in that regard

Oh yes I saw that video of a fan asking her why didn't she release Faded as a single, then she responded they wouldn't her. dead2 I mean Mariah still has the money to make a video or somewhat still promote the song in some ways, but I feel like she was like whatever and gave up.

Obsessed to me is the epitome of a "glamour video", but it's so well executed and actually has a story line so yeah, it's definitely one of her best and she looked gorgeous! Touch My Body is really funny to watch too. Honey.. That was a classic.

9 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

I agree, Giving Me Life is one of the highlights of the album, but it's not single material. GTFO is good but i don't feel like the song goes anywhere, again a good song but not worth of being a single. A No No, The Distance & 8th Grade would've probably been the strongest singles. 

Oh definitely! I think GTFO was good as a promo single, or as a single it could've been the final one of the era (still would've flopped tho). Now that I think of it I don't really see a song off this album "stand out" and be lead single worthy. A No No is single material but I wouldn't see it as the first one? So yeah the aim really was to create a cohesive body of work rather than a collection of catchy songs. How do you think the era should've been?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2020 at 2:22 AM, Royale said:

This dead2 No shade but With You easily could've been on E=MC2 that's why I just didn't understand why it was on Caution. We love GTFO! I have streamed this song about 600 times, a mess. This song honestly aged like fine wine! I also really enjoyed title-track at the release. No shade but fan favourite Giving Me Life can't compete in terms of streams! (It's still good though, ig) even panned songs like One Mo' Gen (one of my faves, ironically) outsold! ny1 

With You on E=MC2?? that's a surprise to hear dead2 GML is honestly my personal favourite but it's soooo long and streaming it constantly takes quite a bit of work ngl giveup2 One Mo' Gen is actually cute ngl ny1

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sylk said:

listened to make it happen in the car today, her vocals are absolutely stunning and unreal !

live versions >>> studio version rose1 and that's on periodT luv!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jon. said:

With You on E=MC2?? that's a surprise to hear dead2 GML is honestly my personal favourite but it's soooo long and streaming it constantly takes quite a bit of work ngl giveup2 One Mo' Gen is actually cute ngl ny1

It sounds like some 2008 R&B to me ngl rip2 I never tried to stream GML on repeat. I must not even imagine my plays for it because they must be tragic dead2 Also unrelated but followed you back on lfm! ny1  

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Royale said:

It sounds like some 2008 R&B to me ngl rip2 I never tried to stream GML on repeat. I must not even imagine my plays for it because they must be tragic dead2 Also unrelated but followed you back on lfm! ny1  

I def need to listen to some old 2008 R&B tbh cause I can't remember them too much rip2 I did try a few times but it's way too long for me to stream it through and through so I getchu tbh dead2

omg WIG at the Last FM follow, it's gon be awesome oop- ny1

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Jon. said:

live versions >>> studio version rose1 and that's on periodT luv!

Yesss.

 

My favourites.

 

And pretty much every 2009/10 performance, i wish she had done the full song though. Her belting in this era was fire.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jon. said:

I def need to listen to some old 2008 R&B tbh cause I can't remember them too much rip2 I did try a few times but it's way too long for me to stream it through and through so I getchu tbh dead2

omg WIG at the Last FM follow, it's gon be awesome oop- ny1

It's crazy because I really thought we already had followed each other before? interesting1 Whatever I'd still do it over and over! As for some 2008 R&B there are songs like Irreplaceable etc. But WY is more polished and remastered so yeah it's sound quality is ofc much superior to those songs but I think it's not really "modern"for a Murda produced song rip2 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Yesss.

 

My favourites.

 

And pretty much every 2009/10 performance, i wish she had done the full song though. Her belting in this era was fire.

 

 

omg... all of these PERFORMANCES giveup3 she really do amazingly with this song live tbh giveup1

17 hours ago, Royale said:

It's crazy because I really thought we already had followed each other before? interesting1 Whatever I'd still do it over and over! As for some 2008 R&B there are songs like Irreplaceable etc. But WY is more polished and remastered so yeah it's sound quality is ofc much superior to those songs but I think it's not really "modern"for a Murda produced song rip2 

Funnily enough I don't recall but I'm glad we finally followed each other so creep1 O god, not Irreplaceable but i get where you're coming from dead2 any predictions on how her next album is gon sound like creep1 

3 hours ago, Sylk said:

tea I love the live performances! omg an idea thread 

 

whew we stan inspiration in this household ny1

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jon. said:

Funnily enough I don't recall but I'm glad we finally followed each other so creep1 O god, not Irreplaceable but i get where you're coming from dead2 any predictions on how her next album is gon sound like creep1 

I feel like she's kinda done it at all this point nnn. I'd love to see a "lighter" pop album à la E=MC as Caution was quite "dark" but I'm 100% sure she'll never get back to it. I have no idea honestly she might surprise us and go full Gospel or Jazz or sumn. You legend?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Royale

    2502

  • Firdawsi

    2379

  • Sylk

    2288

  • Tomás

    842

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"When do you think Mariah will get a section on fotp?" me:      

anybody remember this?      

#SylkFanClubTAGLIST @Yuna @Hyun. @Maraj @Taylor @Hylia @Aidan. @Hannah @Vilppu @Diamond @Dr. Slay @Saiga @Skyline @Halcyon @Hermione @Royale @TattooedHeart @Rachel Berry @Daenerys @Vulnicura. @#Music 


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×