Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Feoba

Party Monster's top 20 singles of 2017

I meant to do this before 2018 but got too busy. So here goes nothing. I will be posting my top top 20 songs of 2017. Not all these songs were released in 2017 but they definitely affected me the most throughout 2017. Can't wait to get dragged for my shitty taste in music moo1

Saw the living legend @CHANEL #1 doing this and I figured I should actually post my list as well. 

1. Party Monster 

2. XO TOUR Llif3

3. 2U

4. dRuGz

5. B L U E

6. Bad Blood

7. LOYALTY.

8. Me U & Hennessey

9. Redbone

10. Love On the Brain

11. Same Ol' Mistakes

12. Rollin'

13. Busta Rhymes

14. Monster

15. Up

16. Money Longer

17. Female Energy

18. Big Dater

19. Lemon

20. Sugar

#20: Terror Jr. - Sugar

I can't believe this song didn't become more popular. It is the definition of a perfect pop song. Ugh I just love it. The part where she talks about playing in the snow like it's Colorado, ugh just so perfect. 

#19: NERD & Rihanna - Lemon

I only love this song only because of Rihanna to be honest, it's just so badass. I hope we get more of this style on R9. I mean, who can't sing along to "I pull up with a Lemon"? 

#18: Big Data - Big Dater

This song is a bop, it's so underappreciated. I remember playing it in my car and my friend's didn't get it. It's such a great song though. The song is so unique and deserved more.

#17: Willow Smith - Wait a Minute!

I can't believe this song didn't get an official video, or even put on an album. It's the ultimate chill song. The number of times I've put this song on and just relaxed. What a jam. 

#16: Lil Uzi Vert - Money Longer

I'm going to get hate for this but this is a jam. I do get uncomfortable when Lil Uzi Vert says daddy but this song keeps up a constant energy that has kept me awake in long car rides or dulling parties. Sorry not sorry.

#15: Nav - Up

This is the most hip-hop song on the list. I remember playing this song back to back with Same Ol' Mistakes in bed and just floating away kinda. Great jam. 

#13: Qveen Herby - Busta Rhymes

Qveen Herby proves that she is Busta Rhymes in this song. I can't believe this song didn't blow up the charts let alone enter them. A rap PERFORMANCE.

#12: Calvin Harris feat. Khalid & Future

Why wasn't this song a smash? You should see me dance when this comes on in my car. Khalid and Future's vocals perfectly combine with Harris' instrumental. "We deserve Grammys and some Oscars. They deserve Whammys, they impostors." 

#11: Rihanna - Same Ol' Mistakes

One of the most underrated songs on ANTI. This song has truly stood the test of time with me. While Desperado was the standout song of 2016, Same Ol' Mistakes was definitely the standout song of 2017. It's just so trippy and fun. Have you ever heard this song while laying in bed with the lights off? An experience. 

1 hour ago, Party Monster said:

#19: NERD & Rihanna - Lemon

I only love this song only because of Rihanna to be honest, it's just so badass. I hope we get more of this style on R9. I mean, who can't sing along to "I pull up with a Lemon"? 

This song is from THIS year? I thought it was an old song I was just hearing for the first time... shock1 Love it.

2 minutes ago, Party Monster said:

#11: Rihanna - Same Ol' Mistakes

One of the most underrated songs on ANTI. This song has truly stood the test of time with me. While Desperado was the standout song of 2016, Same Ol' Mistakes was definitely the standout song of 2017. It's just so trippy and fun. Have you ever heard this song while laying in bed with the lights off? An experience. 

YESSSSS cry6 

1 minute ago, Anna-wa said:

This song is from THIS year? I thought it was an old song I was just hearing for the first time... shock1 Love it.

It came out in like November. Issa bop though.

#10: Rihanna - Love On the Brain

This song feels timeless. It only made it ahead of Same Ol' Mistakes because I remember how perched I was went it climbed the charts. I honestly feel like the song peaked in popularity in Nov. 2016, not in March 2017. Still it's a great song though.

#9: Childish Gambino - Redbone

The fact that this song never entered the top 10 should be a crime. Honestly this felt like the number 1 song of the year. EVERYONE I know knew about this song. It was played at every party, in every car ride, etc. Honestly I don't know why it was a slow burner on the charts.

6 minutes ago, Party Monster said:

#10: Rihanna - Love On the Brain

This song feels timeless. It only made it ahead of Same Ol' Mistakes because I remember how perched I was went it climbed the charts. I honestly feel like the song peaked in popularity in Nov. 2016, not in March 2017. Still it's a great song though.

Eternal masterpiece cry7

#8: DeJ Loaf feat. Lil Wayne - Me U & Hennessey

This is the sexiest song I have ever heard. Just the first five seconds of it and I'm probably grinding on something. I'd never thought Lil Wayne would be on my list of favorite songs of 2017 but this song goes hard.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.