Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Princess Aurora

Closest Pop Star to Madonna and Michael Jackson's legacy ?

Since I'm bored and it's Sunday as well, I wanted to make a thread about the same topic but in a different way, According to you Who is the closest pop star to the biggest pop stars of all time in terms of impact,relevancy,sales and being an icon itself ? In my opinion, I'd say Nobody because Nobody's on their level maybe the closest to Madonna's legacy would be Rihanna and lowkey Britney Spears If I had to choose while for Michael I think it's hard to choose,what about you guys ? Let's discuss moo1 

3 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

I don't know ny10I would say Rihanna, I like Rihanna but the only thing close to them are the sales, nothing else, she doesn't have that big impact in music ny10

That's a lie.

When people write about Robyn Rihanna Fenty’s singing, they often use words like “flat” or “thin” or “limitations”—something that suggests her voice is the secret defect hiding in her otherwise-brilliant plumage, the limp disguised by the swagger. She “doesn’t have the range,” as the deathless meme had it. It is indisputably the aspect of her art that gets the least critical attention.

And yet listen to radio, when Rihanna isn’t on it—which, granted, isn’t too often—and you will hear molecules of her vocal style swarming around everywhere. Even-toned, husky but nasal, tinged with island breezes but essentially free of regional markers—that describes a whole lot of pop songs now, by a whole lot of people. My ears perked up most recently at the beginning of Lorde’s “Green Light”: Between the the lightly taunting way Lorde clips the word “bite” and the growling dip to “I hear sounds in my mind,” Rihanna’s ambient influence creeps in, like blunt smoke curling under a closed door.

Once you realize that Rihanna is the most influential vocal stylist of pop’s last decade, it becomes almost impossible to escape her. Pick any major contemporary dance-pop song in the ether, the sort that loudly greets you when you push open the big glass doors of a boutique clothing store—“Lean On,” by Major Lazer, for example, with its needling and vaguely militant chorus chant by the Danish singer-songwriter MØ—and then close your eyes and imagine it sung by Rihanna; Diplo, who wrote the song, sure did. Or imagine Justin Bieber’s “Sorry” sung by Rihanna, with the breathy verses and the reedy, pleading chorus. Once you do, it will be difficult to hear Bieber’s puppyish original as anything other than a glorified reference track that never found its proper home.

https://pitchfork.com/features/overtones/10052-is-rihanna-the-most-influential-pop-singer-of-the-past-decade/

As much as I would like to say Rihanna I think Beyonce is closer... Rihanna was on het way but than se messed things up with her concert tours. Being late and lazy as fuck It's impossible to compare her with Madonna who always give her 100%. Beyonce is bringing more to te table 

Just now, RoleModel said:

As much as I would like to say Rihanna I think Beyonce is closer... Rihanna was on het way but than se messed things up with her concert tours. Being late and lazy as fuck It's impossible to compare her with Madonna who always give her 100%. Beyonce is bringing more to te table 

Madonna had world-wide impact though while Beyonce is very centered in the USA. Rihanna has more world wide impact. 

9 hours ago, Simón. said:

Madonna had world-wide impact though while Beyonce is very centered in the USA. Rihanna has more world wide impact. 

The full stadiums (+good critics) all over Europe with the Formation Tour and the half full stadiums (with bad critics) from the Anti Tour are saying something different. I would not say that Beyonce is local... 

5 minutes ago, RoleModel said:

I love Beyoncé but no.

Just now, RoleModel said:

The full stadiums (+good critics) all over Europe with the Formation Tour and the half full stadiums (with bad critics) from the Anti Tour are saying something different. I would not say that Beyonce is local... 

Beyoncé nowadays:

- drop an album

- release singles and don’t give a fuck about them

- 2-3 TV performances

- tour

I don’t think it’s enough 

11 minutes ago, RoleModel said:

No one is denying the tour force, but Beyonce almost leaves no cultural impact. You never hear her on the radio and in clubs only Single ladies and Crazy in love is heard (if all!) 

3 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Beyoncé nowadays:

- drop an album

- release singles and don’t give a fuck about them

- 2-3 TV performances

- tour

I don’t think it’s enough 

Rihanna releases an fantastic album with only 2/3 promoted singles, cares more about drugs and her model life. Then goes on a shit World tour where she comes an hour to late and then sings not even half the song over a loud backing track and does no choreography. 

If she want to be the Black Madonna she has to care more like she did pre Talk That Talk. And i want het to do that because I still love her more than I love Beyonce but girl has to Work (ft. Drake) 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.