Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Infrared

The Weeknd CANCELS collab with H&M

6 minutes ago, Dookie Quill said:

How nobody in H&M's marketing team saw how problematic this picture in particular was, I will never understand. rip2 Good job on Abel's part though. clap3

lol they obviously knew and were trying for the Urban Outfitters "any press is good press" teas, the backfire is upon us tho clap3

If it was intentional race baiting than this is deserved. However, I'm not a poc and wouldn't have realised the fuck up on their part unless it was pointed out so it could have been unintentional. As a white person I'm not as adept at spotting subtle or implied racism which I suppose is a result of my privilege protecting me from experiencing that kind of racial discrimination. In the end I think this can be used as a platform to highlight instances like these where our ignorance could unintentionally offend a poc. 

Actually forget the first part because H&M's marketing team are trained to spot these things. I see no excuse.

4 minutes ago, Mystique said:

lol they obviously knew and were trying for the Urban Outfitters "any press is good press" teas, the backfire is upon us tho clap3

Kii, well I'm perched to see the backfire. clap3

Im really unsure how to feel about this as I don’t think H&M is intentionally trying to be racist, but I can see how bad this looks?

I don’t think H&M deserves an absolute boycott and have the entire company tank because if it, I do hope they speak on this issue, though. 

39 minutes ago, Kenya said:

Im really unsure how to feel about this as I don’t think H&M is intentionally trying to be racist, but I can see how bad this looks?

I don’t think H&M deserves an absolute boycott and have the entire company tank because if it, I do hope they speak on this issue, though. 

Abel shoulda stayed and used his power to influence H&M to correct this and help them make better choices. Coulda took advantage of this situation and stuff

1 minute ago, Kyoteki said:

Abel shoulda stayed and used his power to influence H&M to correct this and help them make better choices. Coulda took advantage of this situation and stuff

Exactly. Poor decision imo

Just now, Kenya said:

Exactly. Poor decision imo

Yeah. Leaving them won’t solve any problems. Making statements dont work anymore. We have to lead to make a change. Abel didn’t lead shit. 

1 hour ago, Kyoteki said:

I heard his sales were tanking anyway lol1 so this could be a clever way just to cut ties 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.