Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

fab

How can Madonna be considered the queen of pop when she is such a bad live performer?

The greatest pop artists of all time all have phenomenal performance skills and their iconic live performances are one of the main reason why they are considered legends in pop musicoprah14  

Except for Madonna julia1  

Most of her live performances consist of the studio version of the song getting played and Madonna doing some basic choreography, while her background dancers & fancy costumes are distracting from what would otherwise be comparable to a forgettable American Idol audition katy1  

Can she really be considered as the queen of pop if she is lacking so much in such a crucial department? 

18 minutes ago, LG G6 said:

i'm still shocked that she released this song and music video

please someone get her on her meds again ahs1

this is Katy Perry and not Madonna sis katy1 

29 minutes ago, fab said:

The greatest pop artists of all time all have phenomenal performance skills and their iconic live performances are one of the main reason why they are considered legends in pop musicoprah14  

Most of her live performances consist of the studio version of the song getting played and Madonna doing some basic choreography, while her background dancers & fancy costumes are distracting from what would otherwise be comparable to a forgettable American Idol audition katy1  

Can she really be considered as the queen of pop if she is lacking so much in such a crucial department? 

Agreed. Madonna is completely overrated

27 minutes ago, fab said:

In terms of delusion, you are starting to give a certain Mariah fan a run for his money. You literally haven’t even seen most of her live concerts, so please have several seats.

2 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

In terms of delusion, you are starting to give a certain Mariah fan a run for his money. You literally haven’t even seen most of her live concerts, so please have several seats.

has the average person seen all her live performances? no brit4 

I have seen her biggest and most acclaimed performances and that was sufficient to decide that she's a shitty live performer aretha1 

I think she's a good live performer, at least she used to be good.

"Confessions" tour is one of the best tours of all time in my book, i will give her that. she served a good meal with this one.

She doesn't impress me with her vocals though, i've made that clear on more than one occasion, she won't give you life with her vocals, but this is not a necessity for a good show i guess, other girls like britney and jlo don not need vocals to put on a good show either, so..

TO ME, Madonna is a solid 7/10 as a live performer. 

13 minutes ago, fab said:

has the average person seen all her live performances? no brit4 

I have seen her biggest and most acclaimed performances and that was sufficient to decide that she's a shitty live performer aretha1 

Then what does it matter? The average person buying a song or an album is what makes you a big popstar. Michael Jackson's last proper tour was in 1997, did that stop him from being the King of Pop just because he didn't even do shows? mad12 

Pop is just short for "popular music", and Madonna's music was popular for decades. Also, you are NOT coming for live performances with Taylor to back you up jj4jj4jj4 

2 minutes ago, petedagrk said:

I agree vocals are not the only important factor to put on a good show.  I find entertainment value more important.  Tho good live vocals definitely help make it even better which is why I love Gaga, she serves good vocals and a stellar performance.

That's true.  lj1 

Plus some performers excel in one department and fall flat in another, for example gaga can sing great live for the most part, but she can't really dance and/or follow choreo properly.

like most vocalists (gaga, bey, mariah, etc..) can't really dance, but they excel at singing. Madonna is not an excellent singer, but she can dance and she can put on a good show. Same goes to Janet as well, also ciara, JLO .... and to some degree britney.

Madonna is a beast as a musical artist, but compared to her peers, she wasn't the greatest live. Couldn't sing as well as some, couldn't really dance as well as some and well...she has visuals at least.

1 hour ago, BEAUX said:

That's true.  lj1 

Plus some performers excel in one department and fall flat in another, for example gaga can sing great live for the most part, but she can't really dance and/or follow choreo properly.

like most vocalists (gaga, bey, mariah, etc..) can't really dance, but they excel at singing. Madonna is not an excellent singer, but she can dance and she can put on a good show. Same goes to Janet as well, also ciara, JLO .... and to some degree britney.

banned.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.