fab

How can Madonna be considered the queen of pop when she is such a bad live performer?

39 minutes ago, *Starlight* said:

Why are we still at it here? get over, she was not a s great as perfroming as her peers. it does nothing bad or good to her legendary status at this point

What peers? She's a better performer than Mariah, Whitney and Céline. oprah14

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

And once again, I’ll reiterate the conversation for you, step by step, kindergarten style, so you pea-brain can understand: 

1. ShutupRae said Madonna doesn’t do high energy choreo like Janet and Britney. 

2. Simon made fun of Britney with a gif showing lazy dancing and said “Madonna could never”, sarcastically. 

3. I posted gifs of dance routines madonna could never do, and said “Madonna could never” as a response to show that Britney is in fact the better dancer and Shutuprae’s original comment was true - Madonna has never done the high energy difficult choreography Britney has.

4. You show up and quote me, asking a stupid assumption that I think britney’s a better performer than madonna. 

5. I said no, I said she’s a better dancer. Which is a fact given the evidence of their dancing from beginning of their careers to even today. xtina2

6. You come back saying Methney doesn’t dance all that great (when in fact she outdances almost all of the pop girls, Madonna included), that I’m somehow trying to convince you of that when I wasn’t, and you bash britney’s Performance today as if that has any bearing on her dancing during her prime, and you continue to miss the point from which this whole inane discussion started (with shutuprae’s post) while trying to defend Madonna’s dancing as a professionally trained dancer while stupidly forgetting that Britney is also a professionally trained dancer. mad4 

7. You proceed to get riled up and pressed and continue your usual streak of nonstop insults without any actual evidence or logic to your post, cherry picking what I’m saying, and proceeding to call yourself the “winners when you’ve done nothing but embarrass yourself. mad4 Serving some Dunning-Kruger realness. mad4 

8. All the while I’m here laughing at how stupid you look having been wrong this whole time and still not understanding it. eve1 Thanks for the entertainment as usual, I enjoy so much laughing at your idiocy and delusions of grandeur / intelligence. eve1 

Clear? Now sit. nat2 

Not you repeating yourself AGAIN and still failing to understand what's going on in here. rip2 

I don't feel like explaining to you the exact same thing for the 10th time so I'll just quote myself and call it a day. You're literally impossible to reason with, xoxo. 

45 minutes ago, havok said:

And you still don't get it even after I isolated and highlighted the information for you. How can anyone be this dumb? omg. rip2 

I NEVER said a thing about Madonna being "the better dancer" or the one with the "more energetic" choreos. You're literally arguing about things you made up in your empty skull. So you LITERALLY proved NOTHING wrong. xtina4 But knowing you, you'll ignore this once MORE like you've been doing for the past 5 posts. Tragic! 

I never said Methney was a bad dancer in her prime, I said she wasn't all that, others are able to dance and sing at the same time. You know, the ones with actual talent. oprah14

I don't need to try anything, you're doing all the work yourself, ridiculing and painting yourself as a complete imbecile all over this thread because of your inability to process simple information. xtina4 Anyhow, Madonna stays the superior performer even when she's 23 years older than the corpse and you already agreed so. oprah14

You can stay gushing about abilities your fave lost almost 14 years ago for all I care, she stays mediocre and your delusion won't change that. Bye. nat2 

1 minute ago, havok said:

Not you repeating yourself AGAIN and still failing to understand what's going on in here. rip2 

I don't feel like explaining to you the exact same thing for the 10th time so I'll just quote myself and call it a day. You're literally impossible to reason with, xoxo. 

Well celine is a great performer and so was Whitney in her heyday. Could make a set come to life with just her voice. And Michael and Prince are legendary performers who are her peers.

Just now, *Starlight* said:

Well celine is a great performer and so was Whitney in her heyday. Could make a set come to life with just her voice. And Michael and Prince are legendary performers who are her peers.

Never said Céline or Whitney were bad, but they were one-dimensional. They're better vocalist than Madonna, but none of them were ever better performers. oprah14 As for MJ and Prince, I'll give you that although MJ's constant lip-synching doesn't sit well with me. 

2 minutes ago, havok said:

Never said Céline or Whitney were bad, but they were one-dimensional. They're better vocalist than Madonna, but none of them were ever better performers. oprah14 As for MJ and Prince, I'll give you that although MJ's constant lip-synching doesn't sit well with me. 

Being only a vocalist doesnt make you one dimensional. I mean Madonna had a lot of imagery and outfits and that stuff going on, so that doesnt make her a better live performer in my opinion. MJ lipsynching was due to his intestnse dancing moves; just like his sister Janet. Im pretty sure Madonna has doen plenty of lipsynch and she should

22 hours ago, Vesper said:

P.S. I’m waiting for a video of Madonna dancing to choreo harder than britney. Oh that doesn’t exist and will never exist? Point proven eve1 

P.P.S. Suggestion ignored. I don’t take suggestions from someone below my intelligence level. nat2

P.S. Dancing faster doesn't make you a better dancer moo3

Madonna's Vogue performance at the Re-Invention Tour for example, has a difficult choreo with many moves, isn't that fast but still HARD as you mentioned moo3

I'm not saying Britney can't dance btw moo3

P.P.S. I know only 1 member here who will lose at this moo3 He's a gerontophile tho moo3

Madonna has her own style of performing and that's the most important thing katy5

She has do things no one else did katy5

Also, her connection with the crowd in her shows is unique, that's my favorite part in her shows, when she stops the music and talks to the crowd katy5

49 minutes ago, *Starlight* said:

Being only a vocalist doesnt make you one dimensional. I mean Madonna had a lot of imagery and outfits and that stuff going on, so that doesnt make her a better live performer in my opinion. MJ lipsynching was due to his intestnse dancing moves; just like his sister Janet. Im pretty sure Madonna has doen plenty of lipsynch and she should

It does, Whitney was an excellent performer in the sense that she could mesmerize everyone with just her voice but she was still one-dimensional since all she could deliver was great vocals. I've never found Céline to be that great of a performer, she's not bad but she isn't all that either. I don't think that's excusable, they were supposedly singers, yet they cared more about dancing than singing. oprah14

3 minutes ago, havok said:

It does, Whitney was an excellent performer in the sense that she could mesmerize everyone with just her voice but she was still one-dimensional since all she could deliver was great vocals. I've never found Céline to be that great of a performer, she's not bad but she isn't all that either. I don't think that's excusable, they were supposedly singers, yet they cared more about dancing than singing. oprah14

Well all Madonna could deliever was great visuals. i mean her singing wasnt exactly golden and while she CAN dance, it wasnt exactly groundbreaking as Michael's. And when did Whitney care more about dancing then singing? genuienly asking here oprah8

1 hour ago, *Starlight* said:

Well all Madonna could deliever was great visuals. i mean her singing wasnt exactly golden and while she CAN dance, it wasnt exactly groundbreaking as Michael's. And when did Whitney care more about dancing then singing? genuienly asking here oprah8

Incorrect. Madonna could deliver more than just visuals, she always delivered a whole concept, including pretty much everything: vocals, dance, visuals, theatrics, a social or political statement, etc. She was nowhere near the vocal trinity in regards of singing but this false narrative that she couldn't sing at all is ridiculous and needs to stop. Where did I say Whitney cared more about dancing? that sentence was clearly about the Jackson siblings, I thought that was obvious. oprah14

55 minutes ago, havok said:

Incorrect. Madonna could deliver more than just visuals, she always delivered a whole concept, including pretty much everything: vocals, dance, visuals, theatrics, a social or political statement, etc. She was nowhere near the vocal trinity in regards of singing but this false narrative that she couldn't sing at all is ridiculous and needs to stop. Where did I say Whitney cared more about dancing? that sentence was clearly about the Jackson siblings, I thought that was obvious. oprah14

I never said she couldnt sing. She can just not very well. And i didnt know you talking about The Jacksons, they didnt necessarily care more about dancing, it was just an important part of their talent as a performer. 

12 hours ago, *Starlight* said:

Both Whitney and Madonna are mesmerizing on stage, but unless you did not watch her concerts in full, you know that's not true, at all.

1 minute ago, Jjang said:

Both Whitney and Madonna are mesmerizing on stage, but unless you did not watch her concerts in full, you know that's not true, at all.

I mean well it all comes that to preference honestly. Madonna could put on the greatest show of her career tomorrow and someone wont give a fuck and at the same time Whitney gave us the greatest Grammy performance of a ballad in 1989 yet that isnt loved much here so does come down to what you prefer.

3 hours ago, havok said:

You don’t have any reason, hence why it’s impossible for you to reason with me. xtina2 

I haven’t failed to understand anything, but sure Dunning-Kruger Selig-Anne Conway, sure. brit10 

Also, I’d like to reiterate ShutUpRae’s post: Madonna’s overall performance is in a different style than those of Janet, to those of MJ and to those of Celine and Whitney, etc. 

for what Madonna does in terms of concept, visuals, and total package of performances, she’s one of the best. In the individual aspects of the performance, like dance and vocals, she’s mediocre. But the whole package is what counts. brit10 

10 hours ago, *Starlight* said:

I mean well it all comes that to preference honestly. Madonna could put on the greatest show of her career tomorrow and someone wont give a fuck and at the same time Whitney gave us the greatest Grammy performance of a ballad in 1989 yet that isnt loved much here so does come down to what you prefer.

That's true but I think any person that can objectively go over things should be able to appreciate both of their skillset as performers. 

27 minutes ago, *Starlight* said:

I never said she couldnt sing. She can just not very well. And i didnt know you talking about The Jacksons, they didnt necessarily care more about dancing, it was just an important part of their talent as a performer. 

She has had ok/good vocal moments throughout her career.

Then why did they lip-synch most of the time? In before the "heavy dancing" excuse. "Singers" that lip-synch most of the time are mediocre to me. oprah14

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

You don’t have any reason, hence why it’s impossible for you to reason with me. xtina2 

I haven’t failed to understand anything, but sure Dunning-Kruger Selig-Anne Conway, sure. brit10 

I'm not the one that kept arguing about something the other never even said and kept doing it even when confronted about it with factual evidence, but whatever helps you sleep at night. You ridiculed yourself as per usual but you will continue to pretend that you somehow "won". What's new? oprah14 

2 minutes ago, havok said:

She has had ok/good vocal moments throughout her career.

Then why did they lip-synch most of the time? In before the "heavy dancing" excuse. "Singers" that lip-synch most of the time are mediocre to me. oprah14

I'm not the one that kept arguing about something the other never even said and kept doing it even when confronted about it with factual evidence, but whatever helps you sleep at night. You ridiculed yourself as per usual but you will continue to pretend that you somehow "won". What's new? oprah14 

But does Madonna lip-synch alot? Im not saying thats horrible, sometimes you need to. And yes that heavy dancing is what takes up most of their energy so they dont have that kind of time to actually sing the songs.

@Vesper I see where you're coming from, Britney's individual choreography is more packed than Madonna's and often times includes more body movements (Hips, back and forth movements, approach that displays more aggressiveness) but saying Madonna is not on Britney's column is a balant lie. It's just a matter of them being different types of performers, despite the vague similarities. And consequently focusing on different asepcts choreography - wise.

Literally just random videos that crossed my mind, but you get the point.

I don't know where Britney's roots go to as far dancing, but it seems to me that her background is more breakdance while Madonna's more classical. Their movement gives it away, they were trained for different purposes, but Britney's not on a higher level.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The greatest pop artists of all time all have phenomenal performance skills and their iconic live performances are one of the main reason why they are considered legends in pop music     Exc

In terms of delusion, you are starting to give a certain Mariah fan a run for his money. You literally haven’t even seen most of her live concerts, so please have several seats.

Watch the Girlie Show tour and then we can talk

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.